NAD

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by loudnlousy, Feb 10, 2019.

1. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    Thank you for your very fine advice.I really appreciate that. I will try it out as soon it will arrive.

Waxhead likes this.
  2. loudnlousy

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    Thank you. I really hope that it will fill some emotional and technical voids. And I am very excited right now.
    I am not the typical high-gain modern rock guy. In fact I am simply searching for a better all-around mousetrap.

dafreeze and new6659 like this.
  3. loudnlousy

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    I believe that I cannot top
    that.
    Sadly I do not have any adequate recording tools. But I will report my experience gladly.

Waxhead likes this.
  4. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

Pleasure and you should be, this sounds exactly like an amp I'd love. I scored a 2061x and cx a month or so and can't get enough of it. I'm not into the high-gain modern myself either, not that there's anything wrong with that, but I'm stuck mostly on the music I grew up with, from the Beatles through Zeppelin including AC/DC and Aerosmith. Love good blues so Jimi, Stevie Ray and many many more are big time hero's. Then 35 years or so go some skinny tatooed GreTsch slinger opened up another world and...well, I just need lots of guitars

pmac11 and loudnlousy like this.
  5. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

Hey, been meaning to mention I'm half German!

6. loudnlousy

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    O.K. that explaines a lot, friend. That obsessiveness maybe.:)
    I am half french btw.:cool:

7. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

Always been wound a bit tight but I wouldn't trade it for nothing...my Fathers family were German Mennonites who migrated to the Ukraine in the mid 1400's then to Kansas in the later half of the 1800's. Mom is half Norweigan, quarter English, 1/16 Irish and 1/16 Scot...And if it weren't for France we'd still be speaking with a British accent! :)

new6659 and loudnlousy like this.
  8. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    I really, really like having pre and post gain EQ for any sort of driven tone, the more drive, the more useful, allowing control over the nature of the drive while maintaining the same overall eq (especially for bass controls). My fave drive right now is the Ethos Overdrive because it has post gain EQ. On my Express 25 plus, I have the visual EQ set at a mid jump, while the presence knob is set to slight scoop. Allows me to switch between the two EQs for each channel, though I usually use the presence setting.

loudnlousy and Waxhead like this.
  9. loudnlousy

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    NAD gone bad.
    What a bummer.
    The door bell rings.
    I open the door.
    DHL man moans: "Man this is the heaviest parcel of the day." And dumps the amp from about 80 cm height on the concrete floor.:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    I tell him that there a 14 tubes made of glass in this box worth more than EUR 400.
    He shrugs his shoulders and tells me that the parcel comes with an insurance and walks away.:eek:
    I open the box to find out that the sender did not disassemble the tubes from the chassis.
    One of the three rectifier tubes is broken.
    One of the poweramp tubes is a no-name unmatched one (the seller told me before the deal that they are all matched Mesas).
    Just contacted the seller per mail. I am curiously awaiting his response.

10. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Oh man that sucks. I hope they make it right.

loudnlousy likes this.
  11. O Riley

O Riley Gretschie

Jun 2, 2018
    Sunny California
    Congratulations LL
    Super cool amp.
    Mesa 4EVR
    Rawk On!

loudnlousy likes this.
  12. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Good Luck, I would raise holly hell with the comapany and get that guy disciplined he has no business being in this role if that’s how he handles packages.

loudnlousy and Waxhead like this.
  13. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    OMG bad luck - hope things work out for you

loudnlousy likes this.
  14. gjohnson441496

gjohnson441496 Electromatic

Jan 2, 2018
    USA
    lol. I like your review. I just bought a Boogie - Fillmore, and one comment you made, made me chuckle. "There are a thousand ways to dial in bad sounds on a Boogie"

loudnlousy likes this.
  15. gjohnson441496

gjohnson441496 Electromatic

Jan 2, 2018
    USA
    oooh, I just finished reading the whole post. hope it gets all straightened out.

loudnlousy likes this.
  16. loudnlousy

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    The seller and I agrred on a small refund. I just ordered a new rectifyier tube. It will arrive on monday.
    I cross my fingers that the amp will work then.
    I will keep you informed.

17. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    The carrier should be paying for this.

pmac11 likes this.
  18. loudnlousy

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    You are right.
    But in this case the seller would have a hard time to explain to DHL why he hadn`t disassembled the tubes properly before shipping the amp in an uncushioned thin cardboard box.:eek:
    Could have turned out waaaay more worse.
    ...haven`t checked the amp yet. So maybe it turns out to be way more worse.

19. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    That's terrible service.
    Report him to DHL and demand damages from them and the seller. Collect on the insurance.

loudnlousy and Bertotti like this.
  20. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Do you think the tubes were broken before he tossed it? Call them on it that behavior is unacceptable, also nothing ventured nothing gained, but if you don't try you don't get anything, if you do try and get a no you are out nothing, best case they buy you some tubes.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019 at 2:21 PM
    pmac11 and loudnlousy like this.