NAD !

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by pmac11, Jan 4, 2019.

1. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    I saw a youtube vid for an allegedly Marshall-sounding drive pedal... played thru a Marshall. I mean, really?

I'm also looking at the Keeley Memphis Sun. There's a great demo featuring Tony Sims, he really brought out the best in the pedal.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

2. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    They're freakishly light and loud.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

calebaaron666 likes this.
  3. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    I’ve been tortured by the keeley memphis sun since it came out. It’s such a great idea for a pedal.
    I tried one with a 5420 thru a peavey classic 30 at my local guitar shop, but I couldn’t get a sound that said “buy me now”.
    Someday maybe....

pmac11 likes this.
  4. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    I have that Memphis Sun pedal, i won't be parting with it.

pmac11 and Sid Nitzerglobin like this.
  5. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Man you know how pedals are, they take some time. I can definitely make my Sun sound shitty if i try but there are some serious tones in it.

pmac11 likes this.
  6. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    LOL, After a (to date) stellar experience w/ the 30ms Double Tracker and the general acclaim around here, I actually got a used one of those Memphis Suns sent on the way to me from Chicago this AM :oops::D

pmac11 and calebaaron666 like this.
  7. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Of course. And i’ll admit, when I’m playing in a guitar shop I can clam up a bit. Especially on a day when I’m the only jerk making noise in there, like the day i tested that pedal!
    It’s definitley got sounds I can use, but I’m really happy with my beat up maxon ad9. I found the absolute sweet spot for perfect slap back. Makes great double tracking sound. Seriously thinkin’ about glueing the knobs in position!

Sid Nitzerglobin likes this.
  8. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Oh yeah man, i hate playin In stores! I don't even plug in electric guitars before i buy them usually:D
    The AD9 is hard to beat, i have four delays:oops: on my boards and that is one.

9. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    Yes, I have considered it. It is certainly loud enough to gig with. While the Quilter sounds great and is super light, I have some wonderful boutique and vintage amps that the Quilter simply can't run with. That's not a criticism of the Quilter, more like a reflection of the amazing sound coming from some really expensive gear.

There are (and have been) some wonderful solid state amps. The Quilter 101 is almost magical - you get so much for so little. I am a fan and while it isn't one of my main stage amps, I respect its capabilities and terrific sound.

pmac11 likes this.
  10. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    I hear you! As much as I like my Quilter, it doesn't compete with my '56 Gibson GA40.

Tony65x55 likes this.
  11. toddfan

toddfan Synchromatic

Mar 12, 2012
    Kansas
    Congrats on choosing a nice amp!

I was an "early adopter":
    IMG_5723.jpg

pmac11 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice