NAD !

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by pmac11, Jan 4, 2019.

1. pmac11

pmac11 Synchromatic

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    After convincing myself that 200 watts was a bit more than I needed, I've decided to power down a bit.

Now the search for a good reverb pedal begins :)

IMG_3831.JPG

2. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Sweet , enjoy

pmac11 likes this.
  3. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Very Nice. I was going to ask why you were selling your 200 in the other thread but now I see. FWIW I am loving the Strymon Big Sky.

pmac11 likes this.
  4. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    These amps are completely unknown to me. Please teach me.

5. GretschPraise

GretschPraise Electromatic

Jun 26, 2017
    Tampa Bay
    I found the TC Hall of Fame to be an affordable starting point. Lucious, clean, lot's parameter control and it's plate verb is almost of slapback quality

Waxhead and pmac11 like this.
  6. pmac11

pmac11 Synchromatic

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Gladly! This here is 4 pounds of state-of-the-art class D solid state amplification. 100 watts max on the Jazz and Surf voicings, 50 watts on all the others. Not bothered by finicky electrical supply. Drives speaker loads between 4 and 16 ohms. Made in the USA, and designed by Pat Quilter (google his name - quite a story!). Excellent tech support too... a few times Mr Quilter himself has answered the questions I've sent to their online info email address.

loudnlousy likes this.
  7. pmac11

pmac11 Synchromatic

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    I looked at the Strymon, but yikes, that price tag! Maybe a Digitech Polara ?

Bertotti likes this.
  8. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    I got a vintage style spring reverb pedal for sale.
    Take a look in the for sale section.

pmac11 likes this.
  9. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    Hey Pmac, I had exactly the same amp. Great sounding little rig with the right speaker. I sold it to buy the 101 Reverb. I made up a cable that has a 1/4" plug at one end and a pair of alligator clips at the other. I carry the rig with me on every gig. One of my old tube amps goes south I'm back up and running with the little Quilter. Saved my bacon three times so far.

I had a little open back pine cab with an Emi Legend 10" inside. I'd chuck the little head inside and you had a rig about as loud as a Deluxe Reverb that weighed ten lbs.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    Sid Nitzerglobin and pmac11 like this.
  10. pmac11

pmac11 Synchromatic

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    I've got a 12" Eminence Texas Heat in an open back pine cab, man, she roars. Ever consider just using the Q as your main amp? I put a Jr Barnyard in front of mine, it's a very tubey sound.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Sid Nitzerglobin likes this.
  11. pmac11

pmac11 Synchromatic

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Will do

12. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    I like them Quitter amps!

pmac11 likes this.
  13. pmac11

pmac11 Synchromatic

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    I have a Pro Block for sale....
    Check our the shameless commercial forum

14. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Yes the prices are high, they also have the Blue Sky smaller less tweaking and cheaper but for me, the big contender was the https://neunaber.net/collections/pedals/products/immerse-mk-ii

The Big Sky won only because it had an additional option on shimmer I wanted. Been a bit of a steep learning curve though. I think I am getting the hang of it. the stock sounds are good I like to tweak sometimes and this is one thing I want to tweak.

The HOF seems to get a lot of love here and I think it is only around 150$ US, someone correct me if I am wrong.

I just wondered, after posting the link, if I picked the right unit this does sound good. I just had to run down and play the Big Sky and it is still killer! I was worried for a minute there.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    pmac11 likes this.
  15. pmac11

pmac11 Synchromatic

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    That Neunaber looks cool. Can never tell with the you tube vids though.

Bertotti likes this.
  16. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    I love my tube amps but when its time to say the ol' T model don't cut it no more i won't be heartbroken. I use solid state analog and digital modeler's already and they keep getting better imo.

pmac11 likes this.
  17. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    The original, mk1, is 199$ but they recently had a sale on them so I would expect another sale at some point but I could be wrong the mk2 is 249. They both sound good but the mk2 has some customer wishes included as I understand it. Youtube can really be hit and miss. I always try to find some clips to listen to elsewhere preferably on their manufacturer's webs site.

18. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    I played a show with an amazing player who used a small Quilter combo amp. Sounded killer.

pmac11 likes this.
  19. pmac11

pmac11 Synchromatic

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    I had a Marshall Code25 once, sold it a little over a year ago. Totally regret it, the thing was perfect for recording.

20. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Congrats! I've had both this one and the 101 Mini Reverb a couple clicks from on their way to me on several occasions.

My plan would be to mount it in the back of a Nocturne F-bomb sitting in the loop for real live tube-y and spring-y drip and throb, but it would be a significantly more costly solution than reverb and trem pedals of choice (or a Flint) and a fairly big experiment to me w/o having tried either bit in person even w/ the great demos out there...

I have a Neunaber Expanse + the EXP controller I grabbed from Tony Sims last year and it's quite a cool swiss army pedal setup w/ some pretty great patches available for any of the effects you can load into it and a good deal of tweakability via a USB cable and their app if you're somewhat technically inclined. Tony's got some great demos of it posted up on here some where. I'd guess the Immerse would be very similar (if not exactly the same) as the reverb programs on the Expanse.

pmac11 likes this.