Join Gretsch-Talk Today

NAD!!!

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by Trash Kidd, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
    507BAB58-0468-48AD-BE9E-6782CE148F47.jpeg Well after reading many pros & cons & good reviews & bad reviews i went out last week & bought a brand new Fender Blues Junior in Laquered Tweed with Jensen speaker.
    Well the gamble paid off! I’m in love with this thing! Wasn’t really a gamble I’d played through a friend’s Blues Junior couple of weeks back lol
    The main reason i bought it is my band are getting pretty busy gigging & i have an ongoing shoulder injury from carrying heavy amps!
    The Blues Junior weighs in at 31 pounds. Light & easy to transport.
    I’m knocked out how good this little thing sounds & how loud it is for the rated 15Watts.
    It sounds every bit like a much bigger Fender amp.
    Got that beautiful Fender sparkle.
    Push the volume to about 6 & the break up/overdriven sound is great! A better overdrive sound than on the drive channel of my old Hot Rod De’Ville 4x10 sold just over a year ago.
    Overall this amp sounds great not at all small or “boxy” sounding.
    This a loud amp! Ok most of the shows we play I'm mic’d up through a PA but in rehearsal yesterday un mic’d I managed to get the master volume on 3 before being told i was too loud Lol!!!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    b80_, jclute, loudnlousy and 9 others like this.
  2. Pete66

Pete66 Gretschie

Nov 18, 2015
    Wyre and Fylde
    Another amp!
    Ho Ho!
    Those Blues Jrs are incredibly loud for 15 watts. Friend of mine has 2, a tweed and a red sparkle one. Have used them occasionally and they were great. Nice score TK!

MKunie and Trash Kidd like this.
  3. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Synchromatic

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    Nothin beats that new tone smell! Good deal!

MKunie, LivingMyDream and Trash Kidd like this.
  4. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Congrats man. 31 lbs is awesome. Weight is arguably the most important factor to me now for amps and guitars - i just wont consider products above a certain weight.

Trash Kidd likes this.
  5. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

I have one of those too, like it a lot. I think they sound even a bit better after a little break in time. They are I think way ahead of the standard Blues Jrs. Plus the cosmetics are so cool, remind me a LOT of my old tweed Princetons I had in the 90s (a 57 and a 59 if I recall correctly).

Trash Kidd likes this.
  6. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

Congrats Trash Kidd! I moved down on weight recently, too, so I completely get why you did that.

A couple of years ago, my local music store had a new small Fender Blues Jr. sitting out on the floor, so I decided to give it a try (after being told how awesome it was), and I was really impressed with what I heard. Congrats again on making the move!

Trash Kidd likes this.
  7. b80_

b80_ Electromatic

Jun 21, 2018
    Mississippi, USA
    Awesome! Those tweed Blues Jr's are amazing!

Trash Kidd likes this.