NAD... Vox AC15 C2

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by Trash Kidd, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
    Pulled the trigger on a brand new Vox AC15 C2 Twin.
    Took delivery yesterday.
    Only had a couple of hours play so far due to work commitments but this thing sounds awesome! Beautiful crisp cleans & great overdriven crunch!
    This will be my main stage amp now.. Very pleased. :) 9FC20E6C-6EBF-45E8-93DF-729C6D57C7D2.jpeg

5120mantis, mbkri, pmac11 and 23 others like this.
  2. Congrats! I had a single 12 a while back. Had a hard time getting it to stay clean at higher volumes. I always thought that the two speakers would spread more sound and allow it to appear louder while clean. Is it as heavy as a ac30?

Trash Kidd likes this.
  3. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Very cool and classic sound. Congrats and enjoy!

Trash Kidd likes this.
  4. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
    It is fairly heavy, about 6ibs lighter than the AC30.. I’ve given up looking for a huge sounding lightweight amp lol! I still love my Fender Blues Junior but it just hasn’t got that big overall sound when un mic’d that the AC15 has...

5. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    These are GREAT sounding amps if you don’t need sparkly clean cleans. That being said........too doggone heavy. REALLY heavy! Get a back brace!! :)

Trash Kidd likes this.
  6. kjmac

kjmac Gretschie

Mar 7, 2018
    Omaha, NE
    I have really become a Vox convert over the past several months. I played a little bit on a used AC30C2 and was blown away with the sound, but in my case I think the AC15 would make more sense. As a result, I bought a little Mini Super Beetle to use for practice and it will literally rattle the windows in the house when I'm playing my LP. I've never heard a solid state amp with a 10" speaker sound so good.

mini Superbeetle.jpg

7. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Voxes aren't known for being clean amps. If you need clean, get a Fender. It's mainly due to the difference in power amp circuits---Class A for Vox, AB for Fender. Just the nature of the beast. As I don't use pedals, my AC15C1 gives me the sounds I've always heard in my head, so, no complaints.

Yeah, Voxes are heavy. Get a hand truck or furniture cart, or let the roadies tote it.

5120mantis and Trash Kidd like this.
  8. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Congrats!

Always wanted a Vox amp,the only one i could've got was way back in the late 80's ,a 60's AC30 ,the shop wanted £180 for it,of course i was broke,no change there then,anywho,they wouldn't let me do the whole money down and the rest over several months thing ,so i lost out.
    Have no room now,and my aul back is all but done lifting anything over 20lbs.

Anybody want an aul Music Man HD130 2x10 combo weighing in at around 52lbs ,but it's pickup only?
    Thought not.

new6659 and Trash Kidd like this.
  9. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    Congrats on your decision, Nigel.
    You canot have both: A gigable tube amp and no weight to carry.

Trash Kidd likes this.
  10. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Rock n’ ROLL!
    Congrats Trashy!!
    I still want to get an AC15 someday.

Trash Kidd likes this.
  11. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

12. Mr Swisher

Mr Swisher Gretschie

Jun 12, 2012
    England
    That's a great amp. I loved mine when I had the same, but one bad experience lifting it has led to 7 years of back trouble.

They sound great.. They just need to supply a roadie with them

Groutsch, Trash Kidd and new6659 like this.
  13. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    My AC15C1 isn't bad at all weight wise compared to the Super Beatle that I had.

Trash Kidd likes this.
  14. G5422T

G5422T Synchromatic

May 24, 2012
    usa
    Congrats on a sweet amp.

I've been loving my little AC10 for a year now. Something special with the Vox vibe.

Enjoy it.

Trash Kidd likes this.
  15. GretschPraise

GretschPraise Electromatic

Jun 26, 2017
    Tampa Bay
    A true classic! Growing up on the Beatles, I would think any self-respecting Brit guitar player would need to own a Vox amp at least once in his life. Crank the pubs with that baby!

Rusty Silver and Trash Kidd like this.
  16. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Friend of Fred

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    I'm not an expert but...

The AC4C1/HW1 amps are truly class A. The AC15 and AC30 are a very "hot", cathode-biased class AB.

Congrats, Nigel. Welcome to the VOX club. :)

@Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd likes this.
  17. ramjac

ramjac Gretschie

Aug 14, 2011
    Wisconsin
    A nice acquisition. Hammer it with your new SG.

But get a road case. One with wheels. Seriously, get a road case with wheels.

Trash Kidd and TSims1 like this.
  18. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
    AC 15s are great amps. I bought mind 21 years ago when the clubs started getting smaller and the AC 30 was just too loud. The AC 15 is different sounding than an AC 30 but never the less it's an all around great amp. About 7 years ago I modded mine and put an EF86 channel in it. Now the amp is even more versatile.
    Have fun! I've used mine on every band gig since 1998 (along with a Fender Deluxe Reverb). Those two amps sound amazing together.

Groutsch and Trash Kidd like this.
  19. Beardog

Beardog Country Gent

Apr 15, 2018
    Nova Scotia
    Nice amp, congrats!

Trash Kidd likes this.
  20. unknown fan

unknown fan Gretschie

Aug 7, 2018
    Tn
    I'm at a toss up between a limited (Blue Alnico) AC-15 or a Fender Princeton - LOVE Vox amps, but LOVE them Princetons too. That's a great amp you got there, play it in good health

Trash Kidd likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice