NAD......doggone FINALLY

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by TSims1, Jan 18, 2020.

1. TW4990

TW4990 Gretschie

Aug 20, 2016
    Sydney Australia
    Man !!! you are killing me,
    I thought you might cure my GAS by saying "NAH they are not want they make them out to be, so I took it back"
    I haven't seen a bad review about these or the Twin.

blueruins and new6659 like this.
  2. new6659

new6659 Country Gent

I FEAR running into one of these in a store (especially the Twin);)

3. dreamingGretsch

dreamingGretsch Gretschie

Oct 12, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yessir, the ToneMasters just came into the store I frequent to..

I was there before they brought them out.. They both the 65 and 68 DR RI and those were the ones I tried lifting hoping it would be lighter!

4. GlenP

GlenP Gretschie

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    These have been on my radar, just a little unsure of the price point. But, I guess you are paying for the brand name and their years of experience, the convenience and dependability, the software modeling, versatility of features with line out and built in attenuator, the classic look, and classic sound, umm where was I going with this?

TW4990 likes this.
  5. phil66

phil66 Gretschie

Dec 5, 2019
    Indiana
    Congrats Sweet little rig enjoy.

6. Gretschmen65

Gretschmen65 Synchromatic

May 20, 2016
    Australia
    Sorry, I misunderstood.:)

7. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    Good amp Tony. Congratulations

8. dreamingGretsch

Oct 12, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Just looking back at this, @TSims1

after a few weeks since, do you think you shouldve gotten the Twin instead of the DR? are you still happy with this amp or have you sold it already?

Im seriously considering getting the Twin as that 200w power would make it more flexible in terms of playing outdoors, not that I play outdoors a lot though, and Im pretty sure if its a big event, we'll be mic'ed anyway..

I may follow suit with these tonemasters!!

pmac11 and GlenP like this.
  9. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

I have used it 2-3 times a week since I got it, and honestly I LOVE the tones and sound I am getting. I know a lot of people wanna poo-poo the whole thing, and that’s fine. But I have been a professional musician for.......lemme see......26 years.......and I am telling you, I CANT TELL THE DOGGONE DIFFERENCE in a live setting! I crank it up, and it blooms and feels 3D and has the touch sensitivity etc. It FEELS great and SOUNDS great. I’m extremely happy with my purchase.

And no, I don’t wish it were the Twin. I play with just enough stage volume to feel it, and line out the back to the FOH. So I have zero need for the Twin version. Your mileage may vary.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020 at 7:53 AM
    Lister and TW4990 like this.
  10. dreamingGretsch

Oct 12, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks! I guess its just me wanting more for my money by having two speakers, but I figured, I rarely play outdoors anyway, and I can never crank my tube amp in church anyway..

I'm pretty convinced with the video demos.. all I need to do is bring my whole rig to the shop I frequent and test these amps out

TSims1 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice