NAD......doggone FINALLY

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by TSims1, Jan 18, 2020.

1. LA Miles

LA Miles Country Gent

Dec 6, 2012
    UPSTATE NY
    perfect comeback :)

2. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

But did you remove the Tone Master badge? :rolleyes:

3. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Is this a silent stage, or is the combo speaker active here?

4. Good luck with That. Unless the GC is 100 feet from your home, call first. The two that are nearest to me, which is 45 minutes and an hour to the other, still have not had one in store. I got mine when GC excepted a coupon for 200 off the twin version. They even had to call around to confirm a store had one they would even ship. Which to me is odd, as they dont seem like the most difficult thing to build, and they would sell more if folks could actually play one first.

nickurso and TSims1 like this.
  5. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Absolutely. Now it just looks like a Deluxe Reverb. :)

T Bone and calebaaron666 like this.
  6. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Active, but I had it on the lowest setting. So it’s very quiet

Henry likes this.
  7. nickurso

nickurso Gretschified

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    Well probably won’t be one by me then.

T Bone likes this.
  8. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    I’d do the same!

9. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

They still might. They are very new, people were clamoring to get them for the holiday maybe? Like anything else new and popular, they'll sell more at first. Call first, but it wouldn't surprise me if they had one now, or at least soon.

nickurso likes this.
  10. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Yeah, I think everybody kinda got a big shipment of them this week which is why mine was FINALLY shipped.......

nickurso and T Bone like this.
  11. Stefan87

Stefan87 Gretschie

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    Congrats on the amp, great to see it's doing so well for you after the wait time.

This is so well spoken too, i know a lot of people who need to read this.

TSims1 likes this.
  12. dreamingGretsch

dreamingGretsch Gretschie

Oct 12, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'm really really curious about these.. how loud is this one? Ive seen the demos and it actually sounds good to my ears, plus the ability to go to FOH directly, and still sound good.. and basically to sound clean at all volumes!

I'm using a Peavey classic 30 backstage and have to compete with a HRD Deville, a Bjr, and a Vox AC30 in the amp room.. we're all mic'ed anyway, so I think it wont matter anyway, but still.. LOL

I really want blackface cleans in a very lightweight form.. but I need it loud as well..

I've been soldiering on for around 6 months.. I love my tones, but if this can be lighter, with good tones, I'm all in..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TSims1 likes this.
  13. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

It’s loud man. I’d say literally about the same volume output as a tube Deluxe Reverb(which is enough or more than enough for most people). It also is quite capable of delivering what you are looking for based on your description/desires. I’m really impressed and happy with it.
    Again - I didn’t buy this because I needed it.....I don’t. I bought it solely because I think it sounds incredible in a perfect package for a modern guitar player.

nickurso likes this.
  14. dreamingGretsch

dreamingGretsch Gretschie

Oct 12, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    If you really say so that these are really good, I trust your taste!

coincidentally I just got an email from the store manager of the shop I frequent and bring my guitars into about these coming in.. I was just there the other day, pickin up my number 2 tele as I got the frets done and nut cut correctly for 11's, and they had the deluxe reverbs on the floor, and i picked up each of the 4 they had and it was all heavier than my classic30, and I got disappointed as I was really hoping that it would be lighter.. LOL.

this might be perfect! Id still try out the Twin too, if I can get that, maaaan, I finally have my Twin cleans.. talk about having my cake and eating it too...

15. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    the bigger question is what does it sound like with the "right" guitar? Lets hear the gretsch through it! :)

pmac11, calebaaron666, Merc and 3 others like this.
  16. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

I’ve been wondering the same thing. I’ve been kinda looking at a new Jet, but I’m torn because you’ve got me ALL up and gassing for a Nocturne Rooster. That white one is SLAYING me.

17. stevo

stevo Country Gent

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    The velcro power cord keeper seals it for me.

18. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    You need that Rooster and then you need that Lage Collings...we all live vicariously through you so it’s your duty;)

toddfan and Merc like this.
  19. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    You might like the Gretsch 6659T Players edition center block Jr.
    [​IMG]

T Bone, blueruins and new6659 like this.
  20. Gretschmen65

Gretschmen65 Synchromatic

May 20, 2016
    Australia

Man, I think you picked up the wrong Deluxe Reverb. Your Peavey Classic 30 weighs 39.5 lbs. The Tonemaster Deluxe reverb weighs a mere 22lb, about half the weight.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice