My new VOX AC-4 TV - compared to Champ 600

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by Amaryllis, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Bonedaddy

Bonedaddy Banned

Jun 8, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    I did indeed receive my AC4TV. I'm simply blown away at how loud that little sucker actually is. Even at 1/4 watt, it's very loud with well defined sound. I find the volume set to between 1/2 and 3/4 of the way up is the best mix of tone/note/string separation. It can get down right nasty too.

As I posted on another forum; Get one. Now. Before the price goes up. They have raised the bar on little amps; it's just stupidly inexpensive. Sounds so much better than the Vibro Champ XD and kicks the snot out of the Champion 600.

2. DevilYouKnow

DevilYouKnow Country Gent

Jan 18, 2009
    Fog City USA
    Thank you for taking the time. Looks like Sweetwater's already started shipping the head/cab combo so I'll wait on what I ordered (supposed to go out on the 8th). But now I really can't wait.

So as far as practice amps go, will it get over a moderately played drum set? Got it for the bed room but there's always that occasional restaurant gig where we have to keep it down. Anyway, thanks again ... all the best.

3. Bonedaddy

Bonedaddy Banned

Jun 8, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    I think with the head and the 12" in the cabinet you could use it over a drummer, but not for a super clean tone. The AC4TV, with the extension cab would give you a bit more volume because you've got two speakers.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice