My lovely Rickenbackers - pics

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by rze99, Feb 15, 2020.

1. GlenP

GlenP Synchromatic

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    So does Tom Petty, and Roger McGuinn thinks of George Harrison!

is that a Gretsch that David Crosby is playing?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  2. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    I had a few Rics, but until I discovered the fat necks of the 660 series I wasn't happy. Now I am.

[​IMG]

(Not mine but the same model.)

3. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Yes, he played a Tenny.

GlenP likes this.
  4. not_man_davo

not_man_davo Synchromatic

Feb 13, 2015
    tejas
    RicNVoxer.JPG

Here's my only contribution. Arguably my most beautiful guitar, but as I get older and my hands works less and less, it's becoming very hard to play. It still sounds just amazing when I do get to play it though.

5. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Germany
    Wonderful guitars. Congrats. I personally never felt comfortable with their necksape, though.
    My brother owns a vintage Rick bass. It looks so cool on stage.

6. Rob_Brindley

Rob_Brindley Gretschie

Jul 22, 2019
    Stoke-On-Trent, England
    Lovely! I have a 2003 330 here - wanted one for years and finally got my hands on one :)

7. Highroller

Highroller Synchromatic

Jun 11, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Hey, we need a little MapleGlo luv here, too ...

2018Rics.jpg

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  8. Freshy

Freshy Synchromatic

Sep 30, 2017
    Homosassa FLA
    Interesting vid

9. MikeSchindler

MikeSchindler Synchromatic

Feb 3, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    I’ve had several.. I like Rickenbacker but I do have a few gripes.. one is the antiquated bass bridge in the 4001/4003.. who in their right mind would design a bridge that floats on one screw per side of the bridge.. the thing would flip and tilt back screwing up tuning and intonation.. and who would design the same bridge where you can’t adjust the intonation unless you pull it off a million times.. terrible design . I also hate that they moved the placement of the hi gains on 330 from vintage spec. They should go back to using all toasters imho . I love their designs though and their build for most models.

10. dak55

dak55 Country Gent

May 31, 2018
    NC
    This post made me nostalgic so I searched through the old photo archives for my former 1995 360/12. Roger McGuinn did a short acoustic/electric set at a Borders in Tampa. I brought my Ric along hoping he would sign it which he graciously did. He told me I was missing a pickup and I said yeah and the the wrong color, a built in compressor, and a couple other things. He smiled, signed it, played a few chords, returned it to the case and said "nice guitar man". After that I never wanted to get my stink on it.:D

imageedit_6_3251303483.jpg

11. Tele295

Tele295 Country Gent

My 360/12. I’ve had 3 other Ricks in my time, but this one has always been the keeper. D39B86B1-E346-4B43-8F74-DE1A3DE2DC41.jpeg

12. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Country Gent

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    I have enough trouble 6 :)

thunder58 likes this.
  13. Telechamp

Telechamp Country Gent

Oct 20, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I like Rics so much that my wife gave me a Rickenbacker print (framed in genuine old barn wood) for my birthday. Here it is with my 2014 360/6.

Without my input (it was a surprise) and the guitar being in the case - I think she pretty much nailed it on the model and color!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Lacking Talent

Lacking Talent Synchromatic

Aug 5, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Used to have this stunner, but couldn't get my fat fumble fingers to fit its freakin' fretboard. :confused:

20i9ljq.jpg

15. SASouth

SASouth Gretschie

Dec 19, 2011
    Ohio
    I’ve got a couple nice ones.

360/12c63
    upload_2020-2-26_17-59-33.jpeg

Limited Edition Carl Wilson 360

upload_2020-2-26_18-0-54.jpeg

16. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    My Ric family:
    650C:
    [​IMG]
    330MB:
    [​IMG]

350v63:
    [​IMG]
    I was in the same spot for years where every Ric I ran into felt almost unplayable to me, but either I've changed or I finally managed to run into ones w/ necks more comfortable for me. The 650 was the first I felt I could play comfortably but, while the extra width is still welcome in most cases, I've come to substantially prefer the profile of the 330 & 350. They definitely take some adjustment & a bit different fretting for me (really need to get the fingertip straight in on the string) but I can play just about everything at least equally as badly on them as the rest of my guitars after a bit of an adjustment/refamiliarization.

The 650 is a great feeling Ric flavored rocker, the 330 probably covers the most ground for me sonically (& also puts up the most fight to give up those great sounds), & the 350 is one of the greatest feeling guitars I've played w/ quite close to my favorite acoustic noodling sounds & resonance I've encountered (it might need an Accent tailpiece & Hi gains someday to achieve perfection for me).

Telechamp and new6659 like this.
  17. GlenP

GlenP Synchromatic

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    nice picture of the true source of that unique 12-string sound ...

... the Jangle Box :)

I have one of those on order, a newer model JBX, I hope it will play as nicely with my GRETSCH 12 at least half as well as yours does with that beautiful Ric.

Telechamp likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice