Music Recommendations

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by BennytheJet, Mar 24, 2020.

1. TubeLife

TubeLife Gretschie

Jan 23, 2020
    Chicagoland
    Oh yeah, I have just the system too;)

E2513681-3D8E-4AB3-8C69-A9C17B00B918.jpeg

Merc, wabash slim and dafreeze like this.
  2. WOW!!! Can I come over? (once we get this behind us)

I can compete with most, not your Mac’s...in awe, Brother

Martin Logan Motion 60’s behind the girls. That’s an original Mitsubishi cab on the right, too.

They made some surprisingly good mid fi units for a handful of years in the mid-late 70’s before they dumped all their energy into TVs (had pretty good success with the A6M Reisen for a couple three years, too)

6575323F-5D73-4A11-9747-E989F07A4F88.jpeg C3C3000D-CBF5-4071-BF10-B5CFE07153AE.jpeg

Echocat23, Merc and TubeLife like this.
  3. snagged this for a song, needs a little work

5A122B6C-EDA8-44FC-ADB8-584F1B38ADA8.jpeg

dougmon and TubeLife like this.
  4. TubeLife

TubeLife Gretschie

Jan 23, 2020
    Chicagoland
    Yes just don’t touch anything and stay 6ft away from me,,,,,,,,and the Mac’s :D

Dude you have a SWEET setup there and the guitar selection is amazing. Love it!!

dafreeze likes this.
  5. TubeLife

TubeLife Gretschie

Jan 23, 2020
    Chicagoland
    Here’s the rest of the McFamily

85FB475A-121D-4C41-8A17-3F41911D964E.jpeg D6F58466-450A-426E-A1C9-1C7636E64E5C.jpeg

dafreeze likes this.
  6. Ha! Not going anywhere for awhile. Was culled from the heard at work as hi-risk Stuck at home self isolating for the duration, however long that is

Thank-you for the compliment, spent two hours playing...7 of them sweet ladies this morning. Handful more not pic’d there, including my sweetest Falcon and an ‘84 175 w/Tim Shaw’s...just included a pic of all in a thread earlier. Alas I’ve decided to thin this heard down to a handful.

Many think it’s a buyers market now but it’s also a sellers market.

Lots of folks doing exactly what I am, just sitting around, and many will be getting some extra $ very shortly

Won’t believe this and you may feel like lecturing me if you know what it is...listing was an hour old when a guy in Cali BIN’d it. I just sold it yesterday.

fwiw, I’m fine $, food and such wise (I can eat for 18 months and mop my tail for 3) but have some family I’m helping. Have been trying to decide which handful of the girls that’ll stay for a long time and need to pull the trigger. Will start building reverb adds this week but it’s like trying to choose which kids I’m going to unload.

7BA063FF-0BAF-47A7-9931-E59184A5C05A.jpeg 4798A6EE-B460-4C77-8116-8195A5B99B20.png

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    TubeLife likes this.
  7. TubeLife likes this.
  8. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    MacIntosh is the epitome of audio gear. We had Mac 200s for PA power amps in our theaters.

Actually, you can use that for more than just one song. Nice! I got rid of my Empire and albums when we moved. Just too much stuff and not enough room.

TubeLife and dafreeze like this.
  9. Thanks Slim, and I love it how the wisest are the funniest! Real kicker...I don’t have a single piece of vinyl. Gave all I had to my best friend in...1985

wabash slim likes this.
  10. TubeLife

TubeLife Gretschie

Jan 23, 2020
    Chicagoland
    Yes the one and only reason I got into McIntosh is because of the Grateful Dead. As you know, they used Mc power amps for guitar, bass and the WOS. So I tried an MC250 with a Twin Reverb tapped preamp and then slowly but surely my basement started filling up with McIntosh tuners preamps power amps, slippery slope!!

11. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    I got to work the Wall of Sound once. What a monster! Macs and speakers everywhere. One of the hardest shows I've ever worked. After that, I'd pay to see the Dead, not work them.

I still have my Klipsch Cornwalls, and a pair of Altec Voice of the Theaters (up for sale). I still use a tube amp, but it's a tiny Monoprice 15 watt/ channel that I can't turnup past 5. I think Synchro has the same amp. I got it for a C note, so no complaints. I built a lot of Heathkit and Dynakit gear.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    dafreeze and TubeLife like this.
  12. TubeLife

TubeLife Gretschie

Jan 23, 2020
    Chicagoland
    LoL that is awesome! They were all about sound fidelity for live shows, and we’re talking 1974 here. They were innovators in many ways.

wabash slim likes this.
  13. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    I wasn't there for it (USAF tech school at the time) but The Dead played at Purdue in '69, and right at the start, blew all of the fuses in the facility. As it was after hours, it took an hour and a half to get things up and running again, so, a long extended drum solo. "The show will go on!" It was a legendary story among us stagehands. After that, the powers that be always made sure that there were techs on had to cover these kind of emergencies. As this was at the Student Union, and not in our theaters, we weren't involved at the time. Afterwards, we were at all shows like this.

TubeLife likes this.
  14. johnny g

johnny g Country Gent

Sep 2, 2017
    union, ms
    Do some licks on some of Kenny Rogers best songs. He and Dolly made some great music too.
    RIP Gambler.

15. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    TubeLife likes this.
  16. TubeLife

TubeLife Gretschie

Jan 23, 2020
    Chicagoland
    :D Nice, since that pic there’s about 5 more games stuffed in there. My daughter is really into Uno and Guess Who right now. Plenty of game time lately which has truly been ok!!

Merc likes this.
  17. Echocat23

Echocat23 Electromatic

Jan 4, 2018
    Kansas City
    Robert Gordon with Link Wray

Robert Gordon with Danny Gatton

18. Highroller

Highroller Synchromatic

Jun 11, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Hey kids, I got yr' high end audio gear right here ...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    wildeman likes this.
  19. JeffreyLeePierre

JeffreyLeePierre Country Gent

I own that LP, what a great album!
    And also featuring The Jordanaires.

Echocat23 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice