Make your own cable for Mystery Brain Loop ?????????

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by rcboals, Sep 11, 2019.

1. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    my motto "you won't think any less of me than you already do" ;) so I ask??????
    Is there a simple drawing that shows how to duplicate this Hosa cable? I can solder cables no problem, I just need to see what wire to use and what connections to solder. I want to do this myself so I have the correct length of cable for my personal board. These are the cables I want to duplicate to my own custom length. A simple drawing would be great.
    Hosa STP-201RR Right Angle 1/4" TRS to Dual Right Angle 1/4" TS Insert Cable, 1 Meter (I DON'T NEED 3+ FEET OF CABLE)

Attached Files:

Henry and Merc like this.
  2. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    That’s a great idea.

I’m by no means a cable guy. But it’s an “Insert Cable”. I just googled “Insert Cable Diagram.” There are a couple how to’s and then if you click images there are also some pictures. Hopefully that gets you started if no one else chimes in. Sorry, I thought in the other thread you were asking what order and where to connect the looping cable.

Post an update if you make one. I’m following this thread. Thanks.

3. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    This help?

38D0222D-5307-4CE8-8853-195BB480FF67.jpeg

Merc and Henry like this.
  4. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    May be easier to just cut one end off and attch a new jack?

5. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    How to you expect to get a cable from the side of the Mystery Brain up 7" passed the pedals and on over to the other pedal's top and then down both sides for input and output insertion with less than 16" on each side.. and dont say your gonna use adapters because those suckers will dull your high end of the signal, they are capacitance loading bastages. No you dont "need" a super high grade cable but at least use belden quality cable and switchcraft quality connects.

here's a step up from hosa for 4 dollars more with super flat right angle cables.. No labor, just shows up and BAMM.. use it. $13.95 !!!

EBS ICY-30 Right Angle Flat Insert Cable - 30cm

[​IMG]

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...MI5uy1-ovI5AIVBtVkCh1ruAyhEAQYASABEgI0RfD_BwE

6. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    That's a great price for that cable. You couldn't buy the parts for $14.

audept, Merc and TV the Wired Turtle like this.
  7. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    Since no body has posted or shown a clear pic or drawing of how to connect the pedal in my case the pedal is the Detroit Casket I am learning as I go and asking. When you do this which side of the MB does my looped pedal go on right or left. Somebody dumb this down for old Raye. :) I am sure I will get it figured out when the Mystery Brain arrives today or tomorrow.
    Questions
    1. Any pedals going into the MB input jack will be before the MB preamp right? So if I go tuner, Casket straight in to the MB they will be before the MB preamp.

2. Any pedals after the MB output jack will be after the preamp? like my EQ, Chorus Reverb and Trem, right?

3. So, if I use the loop for the Casket it would come in front of the MB Tape delay and after the MB preamp?

I want the following 6 pedals pedals in a straight line. with the Mystery Brain.

Tuner, GE7 EQ, Detroit Casket, Mr.Black Reverb/Tremolo, Maxon Chorus,

See my pic I will lose the compressor and Boss DM3

I always say, "some people wouldn't get "it" if "it" came in a box marked "it" ;)

Stuff like this makes me feel like the some people that don't get it. :)

Attached Files:

8. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    1. Correct
    2. Correct. Any pedal in the output will be after both the MB Pre and Echo
    3. Correct

3BF3AA16-D8AC-4E92-885D-4DDEC70006CD.jpeg

This is why you need a longer cable. Keep in mind the effects loop was an after thought and earlier ones don’t have it. But it works great assuming you want pedals between the Pre and Echo. You can do all the pedals in between if you want if you have a longer cable.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    rcboals likes this.
  9. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Just in case it’s not obvious. One more if running multiple pedals in the loop.

7825797A-BAAE-445E-B33E-587D2E2A21F1.jpeg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice