Lucille

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by wabash slim, Jul 23, 2019.

1. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    B. B. King's 80the birthday gift from Gibson, the '06 version of Lucille, will be going up for auction. Estimated value is between $80K to $100K. Bargain basement price compared to Gilmour's Strat.

I wonder just how much Jim Irsay will pay for it?

2. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
    The sky's the limit. He might even have to sell the name "Colts" back to the town of Baltimore to be able to afford it.

drmilktruck and wabash slim like this.
  3. wabash slim

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Right after the Powers That Be worked the deal to bring the Colts to Indy, Baltimore fans were really angry, obviously. They gave Indy some Hell. Of course, in Indy, T-shirts started appearing with the legend, "Indianapolis Orioles".

drmilktruck, Sabato and MTurner like this.
  4. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
    Yeah I didn't mine the team moving but the name should have stayed in Baltimore where all those great teams played. I hated the way the father Irsay handled things moving the team in the middle of the night like thieves would do.
    It didn't have anything to do with Indianapolis it just would have been more classy to let the name stay with the town like Baltimore did when the Browns football team moved here in the 90's and the Browns baseball team moved here in 1954.
    Anyway it don't make any difference to me anymore because after the Ravens went to London and took a knee while our national anthem was being played in a foreign country I don't watch football anymore. I don't miss it I just have more time to spend with my family or play my guitar...:D.

5. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Good for you, I'm glad you're not supporting an activity that destroys the participant's brains. It's just a step above roman gladiators.

6. wabash slim

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    I'm not a sports guy. Can't afford to go to games. It was Dad Irsay and Mayor Bill Hudnut (actually a nice guy) that were responsible. Irsay made his money in HVAC. Jim just inherited all of it. Mayflower movers from Indy showed up in Baltimore in the dark of night. Sales tax in the nine county area around Indianapolis is 5% higher than the rest of the state just to pay for Irsay's free stadium. I tend not to spend any more there than I have to due to that over taxation. Now they want to open a soccer stadium. Your tax dollars at work. So it goes.

As to keeping the team name….

My Wisconsinite uncle griped and fumed when his beloved Braves went to Atlanta, thanks to Ted Turner. I asked him how he felt when the Braves came to Milwaukee from Boston? "That's different!!!", he said.

Right.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    drmilktruck likes this.
  7. EC Strat

EC Strat Gretschie

Jan 11, 2019
    Louisville
    It’ll go for A LOT more than that

8. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    You picked a fine time- oops wrong Lucille. :D

(As kid I though the next line was "400 children and a glockenspiel.")

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice