Ltd Ed Nocturne DC Fluid Drive

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by Merc, Sep 7, 2019.

1. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

I like the look of the new version, sort of instant classic. But I'm quite pleased with the look of the original version too, and I'll be sticking with it. Never seen a Nocturne pedal yet that was a loser.

Merc likes this.
  2. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    I should have clarified that, yes you werent focused on the girly thing but rather the kidnapper cut n paste approach to the rest of the box top. :) Tell me more about your secret past? :)

Merc and Ricochet like this.
  3. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Hehe. Graphic design... I'll PM you with more detail in the weekend.

Merc and TV the Wired Turtle like this.
  4. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    That picture "inspires" me too!;)

T Bone, Merc and Bertotti like this.
  5. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Since it is a child-friendly forum and there are rules I have nothing to say but WOW! I would be perfectly content with more girls on the Nocturne pedals!

pmac11, T Bone and Merc like this.
  6. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Tavo posted the first pic on Instagram today of the real box. Can’t wait to see it fully assembled.

D4423411-08D7-4CCD-A83F-BE794458ECEB.png

Bertotti and BorderRadio like this.
  7. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    This just posted. Looks great built up and can’t wait until mine arrives. I love this new look and the blue. Paging @drmilktruck for blue.

A70819BD-DD3E-4DB5-A02D-7F3252B73CCC.png

pmac11 and Bertotti like this.
  8. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Yep, I saw that but I am saving for a speaker and the red cream El Pescadora.

TV the Wired Turtle and Merc like this.
  9. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I noticed these shots today and it states ready to ship :). My pedal chain really misses my DC that I sold to get the El Pescadoro. So it’s exited.

If anyone is dilly dallying around on ordering... now’s the time before they’re sold out. I PM’d Tavo about my order and he mentioned half the batch is already sold.

72A2798A-75BD-42C4-9DB8-9B2858B58822.png 9DDB59CA-D15E-4241-B971-9EC5A51FBD65.png

TV the Wired Turtle and Bertotti like this.
  10. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    A sweet sight to see :). This picture makes me think of the old Ford assembly pictures. The rumor on the block is these have a metallic sheen on it. Maybe it’s me but these crystal knobs on that Ghost Boo look wicked good.

99262AB1-9C6D-4C52-BDCC-06A925842515.png

Bertotti and audept like this.
  11. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Looks like Christmas is coming early to my house!

Merc likes this.
  12. Lacking Talent

Lacking Talent Synchromatic

Aug 5, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Looking forward to the inevitable limited edition Surf or Seafoam (as per BorderRadio above).

Merc and pmac11 like this.
  13. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Truly a beautiful pedal. Makes me almost regret buying v1. Nah, its awesome.

TV the Wired Turtle, audept and Merc like this.
  14. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    To my knowledge it’s still V1 inside and both look good in my book. But more importantly, both have the sound.

Henry and audept like this.
  15. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    I believe that it's the same electronic circuit, just new cosmetics.

Henry and Merc like this.
  16. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    same exact internals.. My "millennial builder buddy" told me I needed to tone down w the hotrod n rockabilly look" and make the look more accessible. All I wanted was for gretsch players to get a light overdrive that was inclusive to hollow and semi hollow guitar players plus stackable w other pedals. Yes I do like the checkers on the original but this new monochromatic look still lets me get that 40's car radio meets scifi thing using a muted metallic paint and crystal clear controls.

southpaw185, Henry and Merc like this.
  17. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I like this one but all I can say the more Hotrod hotties you have on pedals the better for me! I would say more. It it would mean @thunder58 would need his mod hot so....

Merc likes this.
  18. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    My bad, gents. I meant v1 aesthetics.

TV the Wired Turtle likes this.
  19. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    I'll be discontinuing the pinup girl on the Fuzzray too, unfortunately. Its not a good mark for the brand (whatever that means for a guy in a garage and backroom office) in this day and age, it is seen as misogynistic by a younger audience.
    I dont want to give the impression that I'm objectifying ladies in anyway. Yes my arms are covered in pinup tattoos but "its my body, my choice" :) :) Pedal boxes must be shared. :)

Merc and audept like this.
  20. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I love the old pinup art but I also love history and WW2 plane nose art. I’m sure a revamped Fuzzray will reach more audiences and sell. But I have the suspicion the price and demand for an early used Fuzzray is going to remain strong for those that have one. A win win for everyone.

TV the Wired Turtle and Bertotti like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice