LSR roller nut

Discussion in 'Technical Side of Things' started by Jeff67, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    QFT...

It really sucks when a nut that's had 1-2 hours of work out in on it breaks or is catchy due to an inconsistency in the material.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    Ricochet likes this.
  2. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Country Gent

Mar 6, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    I Hulked out and bent it with my bare hands! The arm was extra long since the eggheads at FMIC moved the trem plate too close to the bridge :D

Jeff67, Ricochet and Sid Nitzerglobin like this.
  3. swivel

swivel Synchromatic

May 13, 2018
    PNW
    I have installed 3 over the years. If you need a smooth nut they are great. The holes are tiny and not deep. Amazingly, all 3 (on Strats) required none of the shims they provide with the LSR. They were just right height without the shims. Tone on cowboy chords was fine too.

I'm not convinced tuning issues with tremelo are the nut or tuners though. ....but deep dives maybe so.... for the nut anyway.

Jeff67 likes this.
  4. Jeff67

Jeff67 Gretschie

Nov 3, 2019
    Crockett, Texas
    Lol. Didn't notice that the first time...

5. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Nut can certainly cause issues on vibrato use for me, tuners never unless the were actually broken or strung badly. Strings are moving enough on most guitars to catch on a bad slot on all but the most subtle detuning.

That's just been my experience though.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice