Loving Gretsch pickups... in my non-Gretsch guitars - anyone else?

Discussion in 'The Pickup Place' started by DHart, Oct 6, 2019.

1. afire

afire Country Gent

Oh yeah, I'd love to try the staple pickups. The only problem is that they're attached to a '50s L-5, Super 400 or Les Paul Custom, and that can get a little pricey. ;)

new6659 and RomanS like this.
  2. RomanS

RomanS Gretschie

May 26, 2010
    Vienna, Austria
    There are replacements available that fit in any P90 guitar...

Ricochet likes this.
  3. DHart

DHart Gretschie

Jun 26, 2019
    Arizona
    Hilo'tron neck pickup arrived today... I popped it into one of my Teles... and as expected, it sounds great. Gretsch pickups and Teles go together like a match made in heaven!

Running it with an 880k volume pot and a no-load tone pot. Selector switch is a Switchcraft toggle (common to Gibsons) as I prefer that to the blade switch normally found on Teles.

Bridge pickup is a Fender CS Fat '50s Strat pickup, positioned horizontally. (It needs no extra treble boost by angling the position. ;) )

[​IMG]

The body is a 2019 Fender Player Tele, Tidepool finish. The neck is a 2018 Fender American Special Tele neck, with a rosewood board. (I tend to buy my Fenders in separate components, then build them up to taste.)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    RomanS and new6659 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice