Lovepedal 1/2 watt amp, Les Paul junior, Bell and Howell

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by 6973, May 10, 2009.

1. 6973

6973 Electromatic

May 10, 2009
    Minneapolis
    Lovepedal half watt vintage amp, Bell and Howell cab with 7 inch speaker - maybe 8 inches. Gibson Les Paul Jr double cut with Kent Armstrong HP90 pick-up. Plugged straight into amp - no effects pedals. Each section has the volume of the amp turned up a little more than the previous.

2. Jukebox

Jukebox Gretschified

Jun 2, 2008
    Foreston,MN
    hey that iss a great little amp! I never heard of them I also like that speaker Cabnet. Way cool!!

3. 6973

6973 Electromatic

May 10, 2009
    Minneapolis
    The speaker cab is from an old movie projector. It's ineffiecient, so it's a wonderful sounding low volume speaker. with the half watt amp it really is a perfect living room volume.

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  4. Jukebox

Jukebox Gretschified

Jun 2, 2008
    Foreston,MN
    I've been looking for something like that! Wow!

5. 6973

6973 Electromatic

May 10, 2009
    Minneapolis
    I found the speaker cab at www.my-music-store.com in golden valley.
    they get cool old gear once in a while.

These cabs can be found on ebay once in a while too. there are a few variations. I saw a 12" speaker cab on ebay. it looked like mine except larger and brown instead of green. search Bell and Howell.

The little amp was bought from www.lovepedal.com their website is constantly changing and hard to navigate and find things. you might need to send them an email to see if they still make the half watt amps or if they'd make one for you. I like it much much better than the Smokey amp. it runs on either two 9 volt batteries. I have a power adapter connected to mine.

6. Jukebox

Jukebox Gretschified

Jun 2, 2008
    Foreston,MN
    Cool, after the jam if you ever sell it let me know!!!

7. 6973

6973 Electromatic

May 10, 2009
    Minneapolis
    I don't think I'll be selling it.

8. I agree !!! that's where I found my G6114 New Jet back in January. I've been going there for a few years now.

welcome to gretsch-talk. glad to have you here.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice