For Sale Loar LH302T Vintage Sunburst

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade Negotiations' started by freddyfingers, Mar 25, 2020 at 12:44 PM.

Hi all. Thinning the herd, again. This is a Loar LH302T hollow body P90 equipped guitar. Light weight. If it looks familiar, its because it looks just like a Gibson ES125TDC TDC, without the price of a 60 year old guitar or some of the issues. I love P90’s, and still have a few after this that have them, but how many do you really need? ( trick question, as the answer is one more).

I did a few reversible things to it. I put a riser on the bridge pickup as i great it needed to be closer. It nbo0w has more bite and clarity. This can be removed easily. I think i put one on the neck pickup, but have to double check as the mind is not what it used to be. I also sanded the bottom my of the bridge base to lower the action. When i got it, new, it was playable. Perfect for George Thorogood slide, but not easy on the fingers. Its much better now.

Over all it looks new, but does shops signs of being played. You could easily buff any swirls or light marks out, or leave it as is, it looks cool.

the case fits snuggly, has some marks on it, but its very sturdy.

I’m asking 425 on reverb plus 50 for shipping. I usually take the guitars to a Fed Ex packing and shipping facility. They packed a few for me, very well, and insure their work. I pay that out of my pocket. Also i dont have any guitar boxes at home. So your gain!

A added BONUS for GT members only!!!!! The bridge in some of the photos is a Compton Brass bridge. I purchased it for my hot rod, which now has a stainless on it. Although the specs for it are 9.5 radius, and i think the Loar has a flatter fret board, it does wonders to the setup. I was able to get better action with it on, and of course the sustain goes way beyond the adjustomatic it comes with. I will include it at the price i listed. I normally ship some day, if not the following morning.

Thank you for reading this far.

Attached Files:

DaddyDog, Merc and Ricochet like this.
  1. swivel

swivel Country Gent

May 13, 2018
    PNW
    Cool. Tempting. If I had gigs.....

2. Some filtertrons and a bigsby, this would make a lovely almost gretsch

3. Andy Fortune

Andy Fortune Gretschie

May 24, 2016
    Corning, NY
    But it’s already a lovely almost Gibson. ;)

TSims1 likes this.
  4. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
  5. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    Wow. I’d snap that up if i wasnt still way too fat on the herd myself.
    Its really hard to thin the herd AND look at this forum.
    Good luck with the sale

6. Sold on reverb over nite. So i guess its time for the gloves and mask and a mad max ride to fed ex!

J Bird likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice