Living in Stereo

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by blueruins, Jan 19, 2020.

1. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Friend of Fred

I haven't done an electric stereo rig, other than experimenting a couple of times. I didn't get exactly what I wanted, so I let that go.

I will say that when I wanted to upgrade my acoustic amp, I bought a used Fender FX for the stereo imaging that it did - a slightly fuller sound. Unfortunately, that amp was 65 pounds, even though I liked the sound. My solution to that problem was to get a new Fender FX amp, which came in a 22 pound package, with the same beautiful sound. When I was getting ready to move, last May, I was deciding on what to keep, and what to let go. I definitely had the 65 lb. FX on the block, but before I did, I decided to hear both FC amps in stereo - my Epiphone Masterbilt DR500mcs has stereo outs. Hearing the guitar through those 2 stereo imaging amps, in stereo was sooooo amazing that both Fender FX amps made the trip to Missouri with me!

Enjoy your stereo rig, blueruins!

2. slickfaster

slickfaster Synchromatic

Dec 29, 2009
    USA
    does the MXR Chorus with two outs get the stereo thing going??

GlenP likes this.
  3. J Bird

J Bird Gretschie

Dec 2, 2016
    Washougal
    My Dr. Scientist Tremolessence just went down -- the foot switch stopped activating. I'm now trying to decide what to do. I may, with the help of a friend, replace the switch. I do miss the ehx Stereo Pulsar, so I might just get a new one shipped out to me.

Decisions, decisions...

4. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Its a good time to have more space where you're stuck!

5. J Bird

J Bird Gretschie

Dec 2, 2016
    Washougal
    Yep, stuck in space, doing my part has never felt more like doing nothing.

The switch on the Tremolessence is a simple setup, so it will get repaired. I'll disinfect it, run it to my friend's porch, he'll disinfect it and replace the switch with one he's got on hand. Then back to my front porch.

Stereo Tremolo is where it's at! Subtle enough to be able to strum rhythm, but pronounced enough to feel the panning throb on sustained notes.

6. GlenP

GlenP Synchromatic

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    Stereo chorus, tremolo, or ping-pong delay can all add stereo goodness. I use my one amp more like a stage monitor for my guitar, slightly behind me but more center stage position, then run the line out from the amp to a stereo chorus pedal in to left/ right stereo channels on my PA with the speakers on either side of the stage in front, roughly balanced with the amp in the middle. It does add some fullness and stereo separation, but subtle since it is mixed in the room with the amp as a center dry channel, essentially.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice