Living in Stereo

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by blueruins, Jan 19, 2020.

1. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Moved into a house this month after being in apartments for the last 5 years or so, feels great to be able to turn up a little.
    Since I have a little bit of room I decided to run my two small combo amps in stereo...that’s the sound I love!
    Tried it during worship rehearsal and it was great. I know it made no difference to the congregation because only one amp was mic’ed but it feels better to me. That makes me play better too.
    Really looking forward to distilling my gear down to a few great essentials and two legacy quality tube combos are at the top of that list.

Bertotti, phil66, MKunie and 7 others like this.
  2. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Congratulations, nothing beats having your own space...

Looking forward to the new gear essentials threads. :)

blueruins likes this.
  3. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Congratulations on both moves Blue , enjoy

blueruins likes this.
  4. Congrats on having restraint. Must folks moving to a larger space do the opposite, and get as much as they can to fill that space.

T Bone and blueruins like this.
  5. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Makes it twice as nice!
    You've got to consider that much music (PA thru recordings thru Bluetooth speakers and so on) comes out as basically mono. I like stereo myself---can't get a realistic Leslie effect without it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As to space---
    the amount of stuff you have will expand to fill all of the space you have.

Alanqa and blueruins like this.
  6. Alanqa

Alanqa Electromatic

Aug 22, 2019
    Lancashire UK
    I use a mismatched stereo setup. A 7 watt Fender Bassbreaker 007 head and 12”matching cab. Plus a 5watt Mooer ‘little monster AC’ Vox clone. Using a Boss me 50 to split the signal.

blueruins likes this.
  7. Thass

Thass Electromatic

Dec 29, 2019
    Palm Desert
    Congratulations on the move. When I lived in an apartment I bought a very nice Taylor. I knew I’d never fire up my Fender 4x10 bassman. Enjoy your adventures into the stereo realm.

blueruins likes this.
  8. RocknRollShakeUp

RocknRollShakeUp Synchromatic

Jun 20, 2017
    USA
    I don’t think I’ll be doing any live shows until maybe later this year but setting up a dual mono/stereo rig a few years ago ruined a one amp set up for me forever. I set up a rig running a 15 watt Princeton style amp but with a 12” speaker (Vintage Sound 15) and a Goodsell Super 17 (17 watt EL84 combo that’s sonically sort of between a Vox AC15 and a Fender Blackface), and holy smokes of the baby buddha, I’ll never be truly satisfied running a one amp set up ever again.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    blueruins likes this.
  9. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Awesome! That sounds very close to where I’m heading. I’ve run stereo before and always enjoyed it but these fantastic stereo digital delays and verbs that are in our stomp boxes today have taken the experience to the next level.

RocknRollShakeUp likes this.
  10. RocknRollShakeUp

Jun 20, 2017
    USA
    Yeah I know what you mean. I started doing it when I got an Eventide H9! It was like hot damn!

blueruins likes this.
  11. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    I bet that has some amazing stereo effects! Haven’t got to play with the H9 yet.

RocknRollShakeUp likes this.
  12. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

In years past I very frequently played multi amp setups (though never truly stereo). I loved it. Need to get back to doing that!

blueruins likes this.
  13. rockinforJesus

rockinforJesus Synchromatic

Nov 7, 2014
    Upstate New York
    8F7BF246-F2F3-4EE2-80F5-366A32D87ACD.jpeg @blueruins I run my guitar rig stereo to FOH at church... one of the outputs from my pedalboard goes to my mic’d AC15, and the other stereo out of my board goes to a DI box to FOH (a good quality preamp pedal with speaker sim really enhances the tone). Just make sure to hard pan each channel on the soundboard.
    Makes the sound from my rig sound absolutely huge, especially when running my stereo vibrato pedal.
    We are multi-dimensional creatures, and are meant to live in full stereo.

RocknRollShakeUp and blueruins like this.
  14. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    I bet that sounds incredible!
    I’ve been looking at stereo tremolo pedals...pretty wild sounding. I’m curious about running the Liverpool into an AC15?

15. RocknRollShakeUp

Jun 20, 2017
    USA
    I really like it, but yeah it could be any good digital effects unit that brings the lush tones !

But I even like dual mono so much better too!

blueruins likes this.
  16. rockinforJesus

rockinforJesus Synchromatic

Nov 7, 2014
    Upstate New York
    The Liverpool adds eq and gain to taste, character knob really brings out the mids, and the speaker sim button adds lots of life to an already great tone.
    The Supa-Trem 2 has 2 separate engines, so not only does it give a deep throbbing trem, but can ping-pong in stereo, or do just a mono throb if you so chose.

blueruins likes this.
  17. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Been looking at the Source Audio Vertigo for stereo trem. Not convinced I need stereo trem but if one pops up at the right price I might.

It did make me feel a little seasick with the headphones on;)

rockinforJesus likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice