For Sale Last chance 73 Country Gentleman $2000

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade Negotiations' started by mbkri, Aug 9, 2019.

1. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    69E4B365-5121-4F3E-9155-6D3327485806.jpeg
    Thanks to our friend @EdwardsKim i can make the Gentleman available at $2000 local pickup or +$50 shipping within CONUS
    At this price someone will get a great deal on a beautiful Gretsch almost half a century old and i can put down the deposit to secure a guitar i am hoping to buy before someone else buys it (which is the only reason im selling). So its a win win.
    This was my first Gretsch. My only guitar for twenty years. It did everything for me, live and studio, dance, Britpop, punk. Ive played a few Country Gents over the years but none play as easily as this. Its just one of those guitars where all the bits just work beautifully together. In full disclosure, Im selling it at this price because i am hoping to purchase a 55 Gibson that requires i quickly let go of two prolines that i have treasured. At appraisal it was judged to be at the very top end for a 70s Gent. This was the first produced in 73.
    Gretschtalk price $2000. Plus $50 for shipping (CONUS only im afraid)
    ( Chicago Music Exchange estimated its retail value at 2700-3000)

https://reverb.com/item/24565454-gr...73-walnut?utm_source=ios-app&utm_medium=share

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  2. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Nice guitar. GLWTS.

mbkri likes this.
  3. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Awesome. Not a hint of binding rot. That's a beauty.

mbkri likes this.
  4. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    617DF350-CBDC-4D0F-BDFF-9D336D6380AF.jpeg
    its amazing. When i found it in 1992 i was astonished at the condition so i flew 4000 miles to go and get it. Ive played it more than any guitar ive ever owned (though hardly at all for the past year), and still, at 46 years old, its in superb shape with all the binding intact. Its just one of those rare guitars where it all works just right.

5. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Lovely condition that!

Best of luck with them sir!

mbkri likes this.
  6. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    pricedrop because i dont want to lose my shot at the Gibson

$2250 plus $50 shipping to CONUS or $2250 picked up in Chicago.

$2250!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EdwardsKim likes this.
  7. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

That is beautiful. GLWTS, but I hate to see you let it go. So much history. I've truly regretted my one long time guitar that I let go years ago. I do understand the attraction of the Gibson. Is there no other way?

8. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    No other way.
    Other guitars but no alternative to selling two. I wont go into debt for a guitar and i have a wedding to pay for next week. I am blessed with a great collection and i dont have any guitars that wont be missed, but the ES 295 has been a long time dream and one i never thought i could afford. Selling my Country Gentleman and my Penguin will be the sacrifice needed to acheive a goal. And sacrifice always involves some pain or difficulty.
    I dont even mind that I’m selling it at below its value. My goal isn't to make a proffit but to acheive only what i need to buy the Gibson.

larryb and T Bone like this.
  9. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Funny question. Have you ever owned a ES295 before. Played one extensively perhaps?

freddyfingers likes this.
  10. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    Not a funny question. Rather a good one. Ive played this one only for about an hour and a half total. Previously ive played a few gold ones in guitar stores over the last few years, 15 mins here, 15 mins there. Never strapped one on and stood up though! Always seated.
    Fattest guitar i have is my 6120.

larryb, Ricochet and T Bone like this.
  11. Jelly Roll Horton

Jelly Roll Horton Synchromatic

Nov 10, 2017
    Portland, OR
    What I have done in similar situations is go into debt temporarily so I didn’t lose the immediate opportunity. That gave me relaxed time to dispense with whatever I needed to sell to offset the new purchase. This might work in your case as well. It takes the pressure off trying to get a quick sale (for less than you know it’s worth, avoiding the painful price drop). The Gentleman will sell eventually, and it will all balance out. Good luck!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    TSims1, hogrider16, larryb and 3 others like this.
  12. EdwardsKim

EdwardsKim Gretschie

May 11, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    I support this notion!!! :)

mbkri likes this.
  13. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    Final pricedrop bump. I dont mind selling at this price if i sell it quickly enough to put down the deposit on the next purchase..... and i will be happy to know that someone on the Forum gets to enjoy this.

larryb and EdwardsKim like this.
  14. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    I am rooting for you and that gorgeous Gibby!

mbkri likes this.
  15. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    Thank you larry. I am sooooo close i can almost taste it. Worked through all the options with the amazing @EdwardsKim amd im almost there. Obviously not interested in making a profit here..... i bought this in ‘92 for $1900! (About $3200 in today’s money).

EdwardsKim and larryb like this.
  16. EdwardsKim

EdwardsKim Gretschie

May 11, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    I'm with you buddy!!! We can do this

mbkri and larryb like this.
  17. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Other than my LOVE affair with Firebirds, Gibson can keep their SGs, LPs and other solids....but their Hollowbodies are my Fav! I adore my ES 135 and the 295 has always been on the top of my "dream guitar" list...

Cant wait to see your NGD thread:cool:;)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    mbkri likes this.
  18. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    Bump. New price made possible by @EdwardsKim.
    $2000 in chicago or plus 50 shipping.

Ricochet and EdwardsKim like this.
  19. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    I have bought two Gibsons from Chicago Music Exchange if they have the one you want I don't think the price they ask will be any better anywhere. Great store top notch. Here is the last one I bought from them

Attached Files:

EdwardsKim and mbkri like this.
  20. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    Yeah Raye they have been really great to work with and we are good to go as soon as i sell the CG. Hence yet another pricedrop.

EdwardsKim likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice