Lake Placid Blue Falcons

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Falcon LPB, Aug 22, 2019.

1. MrMajstyk

MrMajstyk Gretschie

Dec 3, 2011
    los angeles
    Now, THAT’s a doozy!

2. MrMajstyk

MrMajstyk Gretschie

Dec 3, 2011
    los angeles
    I have a Thalia Capo as well, with the rosewood trim insert. I use it at home, but for my gigs, I’m still using my trusty Shubbs!! The Thalia is pretty heavy, and for live performances when I’m standing and with the guitar on a strap, I get a bit of neck dive! Great capo though.

GlenP likes this.
  3. MrMajstyk

MrMajstyk Gretschie

Dec 3, 2011
    los angeles
    852ACB41-2BDD-4B39-A459-C3B05F534A0B.jpeg 9D19A32B-10FE-4B08-B98B-3A61D868B3DA.jpeg
    Yep!

4. Falcon LPB

Falcon LPB Electromatic

Aug 15, 2019
    Sydney, Australia
    That is a Joe Walsh Duesenberg and besides the Falcon, probably the best guitar I have ever played. The morse code on the fretboard (it spells "Joe Walsh") is a bit different but the tone and versatility of this guitar is incredible. The build quality is as good as it gets.

GlenP likes this.
  5. Falcon LPB

Falcon LPB Electromatic

Aug 15, 2019
    Sydney, Australia
  6. GlenP

GlenP Gretschie

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    That Lake Placid Blue Falcon looks even better than Dave Grohl’s Pelham Blue Trini Lopez Gibson.

7. MrMajstyk

MrMajstyk Gretschie

Dec 3, 2011
    los angeles
    Locking Grover Imperial Tuners, String-Thru Bigsby, TV Jones/Ray Butts pickups, oil and paper capacitors, trestle bracing, very usable master volume and tone selector switch, rocking bar bridge, thumbnail fret markers, Tusc lubricating nut, horizontal headstock logo with chrome identifier plate, gorgeous Lake Placid Blue with silver trim, v-cut Bigsby, long scale, big body...it was love at first sight, and reinforced at first strum! I usually buy pre-owned instruments, but I just HAD to have this one!

T Bone and drmilktruck like this.
  8. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    If I had the $$ I would order a Junior version from the Custom Shop.

drmilktruck likes this.
  9. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    That’s one of my dream guitars.

GlenP likes this.
  10. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Note the jack plate guys .......;)

T Bone likes this.
  11. DonC

DonC Electromatic

Aug 11, 2019
    Saranac, NY
    Beautiful guitar and capo, nice color. The name Lake Placid blue caught my attention, Lake Placid is in my neighborhood.

12. Wozob

Wozob Country Gent

Jul 6, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Me too, maybe a double cut like this:
    gretsch_g6136-cs-falcon-lpb.jpg

13. Lockupyourfatdog

Lockupyourfatdog Gretschie

Aug 8, 2016
    Everett wa
    350E515D-109F-4028-A6D5-544FEECD9C59.jpeg I have one. Amazing guitar! My serial number doesn’t support the 132 produced claim though. Mine is the 3726th made
    upload_2019-8-25_14-53-42.jpeg

Falcon LPB and audept like this.
  14. Wayne Gretschzky

Wayne Gretschzky Country Gent

Aug 27, 2008
    East Coast
    I think the "3726" references the number of guitars made (all models) to that point. The "132" is a count of how many of the these blue Falcons were produced. There wouldn't be any indication of that on the guitar.

15. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Falcon LPB likes this.
  16. Falcon LPB

Falcon LPB Electromatic

Aug 15, 2019
    Sydney, Australia
    Indeed, Wayne and audept are correct. The last four numbers relate to that specific guitar made date in relation to all the guitars made by Gretsch at that point in that year - it doesn't relate to the model.

That said, the 18093726 has a 'cousin' that was shipped to Australia - that being 18093722, sold by "Sound Centre" in Western Australia.

To this point I do not know how the pose the question on the collection of serial numbers for the LPB Falcon. I have been examining and documenting all that have appeared on websites and from other sources. So far I have 95 documented, not all with serial numbers. Actually, I have 52 serial numbers. I would dearly like to collect as many of the serial numbers as a can to understand the patterns (if there are any) and to historically have that information. So, if you do have a LPB Falcon, I would love to have the serial number to add to my listing. Gretsch will not provide such serial numbers, not that they are obliged to, so it is up to us enthusiasts to document this history if people see it as worth knowing. Gretsch only released the total production numbers and import numbers because they were pressured to do so to cover off the claim that this was a limited edition. For some the "Limited Edition" tag is about investment, for others it is about availability to get one! Others want to know if they can delay purchase to next year when the budget is better, yet others are just curious etc. We all have our own reasons for wanting that information.

Anyway, I would welcome knowing any serial numbers for this model of Falcon - hopefully, I will write a book on the the Falcons and Jets and the serial number information helps in that form of documenting these models.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  17. Mark105

Mark105 Electromatic

Aug 13, 2019
    Texas
    Very nice, great color.

Falcon LPB likes this.
  18. Lockupyourfatdog

Lockupyourfatdog Gretschie

Aug 8, 2016
    Everett wa
    Ooohhh gotcha

19. Falcon LPB

Falcon LPB Electromatic

Aug 15, 2019
    Sydney, Australia
    The problem with photos of this guitar is they do not do justice to how it looks. Actually, of the Gretsch guitars that I own, I can safely say that non of the Gretsch company advertising do them justice. I purchased a stunning Cadillac green Broadkaster Jr (G6659TG) where the company advertising shows it in a pretty bland kind of manner (see below). I purchased it in January this year having read some wonderful reviews (see

https://www.guitarplayer.com/guitar...retsch-g6659tg-players-edition-broadkaster-jr

However, the guitar in hand is such a stunning looker - actually I am selling it as I need to fund another Falcon!
    picture copy.png

20. Sabato

Sabato Synchromatic

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    [​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice