Lake Placid Blue Falcons

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Falcon LPB, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Falcon LPB

Falcon LPB Electromatic

Aug 15, 2019
    Sydney, Australia
    I recently bought this LPB Falcon - what a beautiful guitar. Evidently only a production run of 132. IMG_2494.jpg

Flouswa, CaseyJames, pmac11 and 18 others like this.
  2. Falcon LPB

Falcon LPB Electromatic

Aug 15, 2019
    Sydney, Australia
    A nice capo to go with it !
    IMG_2517.jpg

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    loudnlousy, Henry and GlenP like this.
  3. Falcon LPB

Falcon LPB Electromatic

Aug 15, 2019
    Sydney, Australia
  4. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Beautiful. Congratulations. Welcome to Gretsch Talk, the friendliest guitar site on the inter webs. Love the capo.

Pcampbell likes this.
  5. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    Beautiful guitar

6. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Welcome friend and what an intro to the forum . Love your Thalia Capo as I have 2 of them myself . I think there the best capo's I've ever used

7. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Welcome, congrats and thanks for the pic of that gorgeous beast!

8. MrMajstyk

MrMajstyk Gretschie

Dec 3, 2011
    los angeles
    Welcome to the forum...and to the LPB Falcon club! I have one as well and LOVE it! I had no idea there were only 132 made! Wow, pretty rare! Who told you that?
    I play mine at home and live onstage. It fits me perfectly and has such a wide variety of tones! Over the years I considered getting a Falcon, but just couldn’t fall in love with the gold sparkle. When the Silver Falcon came out i almost got one, saved up a few bucks... and then I saw the LPB at GC, picked it up, and I was a goner! Plus it has all the upgrades I did to my 6120.

Attached Files:

JC higgy and T Bone like this.
  9. Sabato

Sabato Synchromatic

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    I have never been able to discover what a "limited production" meant numerically, where did you learn that?
    [​IMG]

Daktari9 likes this.
  10. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Awseome Falcon in LPB. Guessing it has the "usual" sparkle binding in Silver? Welcome to the forum!

11. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

Welcome to Gretsch -Talk, Falcon LPB, and may I say that you have one seriously beautiful Falcon!

12. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Welcome to GT !

Taken from the GDP thread.
    Joe Carducci said;
    "Regarding the G6136T-59 "Limited Edition" Lake Placid Blue Falcon, SKU #2401531802, there were a total of 132 produced throughout 2018 for global consumption. This model is now discontinued and no longer available from Gretsch Guitars."

Groutsch likes this.
  13. Sabato

Sabato Synchromatic

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    Thank You for that! I searched for a long time with no answer. Now I feel even more special!

JC higgy likes this.
  14. Falcon LPB

Falcon LPB Electromatic

Aug 15, 2019
    Sydney, Australia
    Initially, Fender Australia indicated that it was company policy not to
    release any numbers around import or total production. Under some pressure as what "Limited Edition" means, under truth in advertising, Fender Consumer Relations said, in writing, that they had produced 126 of this model and it had not been discontinued. Soon after Joe declared production had ceased and a total of 132 had been produced. there were 8 shipped to Australia. Why the magical number of 132 - I have no insight into why - perhaps it was the outcome of a date they had in mind to stop the production run?
    Of the serial numbers I have seen, the earliest was April 2018 (18040010 - UK import) and the latest is December 2018. (18125149 - Japan retailer)
    Serial numbers are interesting as Australia has just received Duffy models and all were produced 2017 - go figure.
    Just on the serial numbers, with one exception (18072084), in the LPB Falcons the first 2 number refer to the year, the next 2 numbers refer to the month produced and the last 4 numbers to what number this was produced in the total number of guitars of all models for the year had been produced to that date. This dating is what we have previously understood to be being used, but we did see one serial number that was out of sequence.
    Notwithstanding the important historical notes about the LPB model, how it sounds is of course the important issue. It is not just a different colour to other Falcons but has different hardware to many of the other Falcons. It is great for jazz and equally brilliant for Dire Straits or Stray Cats.

Groutsch and drmilktruck like this.
  15. Falcon LPB

Falcon LPB Electromatic

Aug 15, 2019
    Sydney, Australia
    Yes, Thalia produce beautiful capos. That one is a custom production. Below is another one I had made - the red crystals match the red 'crystal' in the knobs on the LPB Falcon. Much nicer and sparkly in hand than you get from a photo. IMG_2545.jpg

thunder58, GlenP and drmilktruck like this.
  16. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    As I know you: Honestly you love the overall colour, Jim.:):)

What a spectacular beauty . Congrats!

17. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Sssshhhh! Can't let the new guy know I crave blue guitars! :D

loudnlousy likes this.
  18. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    And this one is a to-die -for variant. So beautiful.

T Bone and drmilktruck like this.
  19. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

One heck of a guitar, Falcon. Congratulations and howdy, good to have you here!

20. Falcon LPB

Falcon LPB Electromatic

Aug 15, 2019
    Sydney, Australia
    If you want dazzle you can have even more. Check this out - one of my other purchases this year, and no it is not a Gretsch but should be As Dues.jpg

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    Flouswa, WernerF, Sabato and 3 others like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice