Just a reminder...

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Merc, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    My intent is not to make this thread about Covid-19 per say. I’ve read about some people feeling panic attacks. Right now everyone is likely under a tremendous amount of stress that perhaps comes with the uncertainty and the unknown of the current situation. I really just want to remind you all to take the time to care for yourself both mentally and physically if you can. Catch up on some reading, do some exercises in you back yard or indoors, learn about something new online, play your heart out on guitar... whatever it takes to get through this and stay positive. All things come to pass and this challenge will to.

2. Beardog

Beardog Country Gent

Apr 15, 2018
    Nova Scotia
    Great advice!

MKunie likes this.
  3. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Preachin' to the choir, brother!

Considering how screwed up the last month has been for me personally, I'm well aware of keeping a positive outlook. Kids and critters have kept a smile on my face.

It helps if you ignore the news and politics.

MTurner, Merc, pmac11 and 1 other person like this.
  4. dougmon

dougmon Gretschie

Jan 9, 2013
    California
    Amen.

Also, there's music.

MTurner, Merc, pmac11 and 2 others like this.
  5. mrfixitmi

mrfixitmi Synchromatic

Mar 20, 2010
    Michigan
    Merc,

Thanks all things must pass.

I try to be positive which can be challenging, but focus on what I can control. 100% of my work team from China will be returning to work tomorrow. There is a light at the end of this long tunnel.

We do need to take care of ourselves and focus on what we can do within our control to help ourselves and each-other.

The reality from what I have learned from my co-workers in China is that their economy has taken off. I don't know if it was due to pent up demand, or the realization that life can be too short. They are buying the things that they they restrained from buying prior to this plague, and are fulfilling their dreams.

Merc, MKunie, new6659 and 1 other person like this.
  6. GlenP

GlenP Synchromatic

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    I really feel bad for the kids stuck at home from school, no sports, no music or theater, no milkshakes and cheeseburgers after school hanging out at the local joint, all they have are their smart phones, and usually we try to get them to put down their phones and go outside and do stuff, but now they can’t go out and do that stuff. Or worse, the ones stranded far away from home at colleges that are closed down and no way to get home.

MTurner, Merc and mrfixitmi like this.
  7. cowmoo

cowmoo Country Gent

Aug 19, 2011
    North Wales
    I’ve been hanging on a thread lately.
    Jan 3rd we get told by our landlord he wants his house back by end of march.
    We’ve been led a merry dance by private landlords and estate agents alike, let down at every turn.
    We had a safety net. My 89 yr old mums house, we could use a room and a toilet until we got sorted.
    Then this turns up. Mums house is a no go now.
    Finally found somewhere 5 min away. Due to move in on the 4th.
    Then lockdown happens.
    I’m still having to work in an already dangerous job driving delivering steel. We supply engineers, factories etc etc. We have no PPE , limited gloves, no anti bacterial or hand soap.
    Key account holders demand we stay open,
    Lawyers tell the company it must stay open.
    Sales reps sent home with full pay due to the dangers.
    I meet a dozen or more unknown people a day, most are not heeding the cautions.
    Mrs Moo has developed asthma due to the damp in our current home.
    But it”s ok, she can work from home with the black mould.
    Stressful to say the least.
    The gov’t medics on the news just said we could be looking at 6 months before we’re able to start to see normality coming back.

Which leads me to my point...
    That caddy tail you sold is going to end up on my phoenix i hope.
    ( this is my silver falcon edited on my phone to look like a phoenix with a caddy tail).
    Something to look forward to in the short term. A8F07CF3-5429-48DE-AB14-967AFD2F23AF.jpeg

8. montereyjack66

montereyjack66 Country Gent

Feb 29, 2012
    LA-ish
    Here's a little chill music. Think of it as sonic valium. Cheers.

9. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Remain hopeful. Remain in your own home. If you must go out in public, remain at least 6 feet away from others. Buy a hockey stick to take with you, it makes it easier. And remain in tune.

TubeLife, Merc and new6659 like this.
  10. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz

Great thread. As for kids and no friends, well, my 11 yr old granddaughter I live with just spent 2 1/2 hours on a Zoom web meeting with 9 of her jr high (oops, those are middle schools now :D) friends. Kids are resilient.

Anyway, stay positive, stay healthy, stay safe.

pmac11 and Merc like this.
  11. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Thanks @Merc , Truth be told it's been happening to me lately ... the panic attacks . I was working today at the P.D. and I cover a wide variety of neighborhoods in my area , one of them being a small mountain in our area . I pulled over about 9am , got out and just stretched my legs . It was eerie quite , strange , you could hear a pin drop , but the birds that flew by echoed . All of a sudden a guy pulls up in his pick up truck and said , " good morning officer , you ok ? " .. my answer , all I could say ... " it's like the world died "
    We talk a few minutes and it helped

12. dak55

dak55 Country Gent

May 31, 2018
    NC
    An exceptionally warm beautiful spring day, trees & flowers in bloom, lifted my sagging spirits a bit yesterday which was sorely needed.
    IMG_20200328_115157.jpg

Tadhg, Merc, cowmoo and 1 other person like this.
  13. dreamingGretsch

dreamingGretsch Synchromatic

Oct 12, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Y'all take care guys!

I still have work, and we're all working from home, fortunately.. I am a Highway/Road Designer/Engineer and its business as usual..

We're also moving on the 20th but good thing Australia isnt locked down yet.. hoping it would get better here soon and also to the rest of the world..

I'm looking forward to an NGD coming soon, hopefully it pushes through..

the one thing I hate is all the panic buying.. I can understand buying for supplies and stocking up, but I see old people, who cant even buy anything.. meats are gone, purified water gone.. Also I have a bub, and all the diapers and baby wipes are gone.. how the heck am I going to get my supplies for my bub...

we only go out once a week.. just to be safe.. I pray everyone is doing fine..

pmac11 and Merc like this.
  14. Rock Lajoint

Rock Lajoint Synchromatic

Nov 16, 2014
    Sussex, England
    Walked my dogs this evening, just after dark. One of them saw something to chase, suddenly pulled the leash out of my hand, ran straight down the dark country lane we were in and across a road.

Usually that road is busy and she'd 50/50 be hit. The road was deserted due to the current lockdown and she was ok. A certain amount of shouting from me brought her to 'sit'. First time I've found anything to personally say thanks for in this whole situation.

Tadhg, TubeLife, Merc and 2 others like this.
  15. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    It's been weird. Normally busy places are ghost towns. Everything seems to be closed---stores, businesses, schools, churches, cinemas, restaurants and bars.
    Idiots are buying up everything. I don't know why more stores aren't limiting panic buying. I don't need to buy bottled tap water thankfully. I have a water purifier with my fridge. (There's an association that promotes water bottles, not bottled water. Go Figure.) Staples are low---hard to find potatoes, lunch meat, and ramen.

Aside from keeping your distance, keep a level head.

pmac11, Tadhg and Merc like this.
  16. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    That’s great to hear. I can definitely imagine more appreciation from people for the simple things taken for granted before.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    mrfixitmi likes this.
  17. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Sorry to hear about the cause of your stress. Just keep on the best you can.

She’s going to be looking mighty fine. Sometimes it’s the little things that keep us going. :)

radd and cowmoo like this.
  18. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Thanks for sharing. I can relate to the feeling for sure.

Looking throughout history, people have made it through numerous wars, famines, pandemics, etc. I have no doubt we’ll conquer this one as well. We just have to take one day at a time and look after each other to get there.

mrfixitmi, thunder58 and new6659 like this.
  19. new6659

new6659 Country Gent

I haven't been out anywhere in 14 days except to walk our dogs around the block (it's a quiet neighbourhood and we don't encounter anyone on the way). I will go out later today to pick up groceries which I ordered online from the local supermarket. Just wondering how much everyone else has been out lately?

Merc likes this.
  20. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Sorry to hear it. Trialing times for you both.
    Make sure to vent the house every day(I had severe asthma as a kid and an allergy for mould and lots of other stuff)
    Open all windows for a hour, even in winter, especially in winter. Put on a coat and sit it out with a mag and hot cuppa. All the best!

cowmoo, blueruins and Merc like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice