Join The Jet Set at The 2019 Gretsch California Gold Rush Roundup (REGISTRATION HAS BEGUN)

Discussion in 'Gretschtogether' started by Ric12String, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Ric12String

Ric12String Gretschie

Jun 6, 2008
    California
    COME AND JOIN THE JET SET AT THE CALIFORNIA GOLD RUSH ROUNDUP!

[​IMG]

Let’s start with the most important information first:

When: September 13-15, 2019
    Where: Camp Lodestar
    6135 Blue Mountain Road
    Wilseyville, California 95257

Join The Jet Set

It’s that time of year again when Gretsch lovers return to Camp Lodestar for the California Gold Rush Roundup – two and one-half days of guitars, music, food, and, best of all, friendships. Come this year and Join The Jet Set.

[​IMG]

This year’s Roundup theme will be “Join The Jet Set” as we celebrate all forms of Gretsch Jets. Whether a Duo Jet, Silver Jet, Sparkle Jet, Firebird Jet, Cadillac Green Jet, Double Jet, Electromatic Jet, or Junior Jet, we want to see and hear it at the California Gold Rush Roundup. Of course, all forms of Gretsch guitars are welcome at the Roundup. However, we really want to see (and hear) your Jet guitars there.

As we have announced earlier (late last year), the dates for the California Gold Rush Roundup are September 13 - 15, 2019. We will return again to Camp Lodestar in Wilseyville, California, where we couldn’t have found a home away from home with a friendlier staff or better surroundings in which to make some music.

Getting In On The Action

[​IMG]

While joining in on stage (such as it is) can be somewhat intimidating to many, it needn’t be at the Roundup. A more supportive group of fellow Gretsch fans would be hard to find. If you are feeling like you would like to share more in the Roundup experience, come prepared to get up and play a song or two if you would like.

[​IMG]

And there are other opportunities to play in smaller groupings, whether on the outdoor stage area a short distance from the Dining Hall or even outside on the deck.

The Cardooch

[​IMG]

And returning again to the California Gold Rush Roundup will be none other than “da man” himself, Joe Carducci. We’d be hard-pressed to find a better and harder-working Gretsch ambassador to the consumer public. The man lives, breathes, and eats Gretsch. Joe has been along for the ride ever since FMIC got the keys to the car from Fred Gretsch and, more than anyone, he, along with Mike Lewis, is responsible for the continuous upgrade to Gretsch guitars ever since FMIC became involved.

The Swagfest

[​IMG]

As always, Joe will be a huge part of the events on Saturday night, providing us a bit of the history of the company, and perhaps giving a look ahead to what new and exciting things lay in store for Gretsch fans. And, of course, he will host the Swagfest that evening where everyone who drops a pick in the guitar will have a chance to win something special from Gretsch. Who knows? You could take home a Gretsch t-shirt or other Gretsch memorabilia, or even a Gretsch guitar!

Roundup T-Shirts

[​IMG]

Oh yeah, speaking of t-shirts, did I mention already that we will be having a very cool Vince Ray-designed Roundup t-shirt? Vince simply comes up with some wonderful ideas for our shirts and this one is no different. Here is this year's design. Be thinking about what size and how many of each size you will need. I will be posting more about the shirts once I have obtained current pricing information from the printer.

Be There Or ... Okay, Just Be There!

If you haven’t attended the California Gold Rush Roundup before, now is your chance to dip your toes in the Kool-Aid (how’s that for mixing metaphors??). Come on out to the Roundup and have the time of your life.

The Details

Lodging is in one of the dormitories (one for women, the other for men), so be certain to bring a sleeping bag, or sheets and blankets. While there are some very small cabins that we have been allowed to use, those will be reserved for families/couples on a first-come, first-served basis.

If you have special dietary requirements, please let me know that when you sign up so that I can let the kitchen staff know about this. Camp Lodestar is extremely accommodating with special dietary needs, but they have to know about it in advance so that they can plan meals accordingly.

Registration

Please register in the following manner:

Send me an email at CaliforniaRoundup[at]yahoo[dot]com and tell me how many of you will be in your party, everyone's names, and the days/nights which you will be attending. Also, tell me if you have any special dietary needs and if you are a family or couple who are seeking a small cabin.

PayPal the registration fees to me. My PayPal address to use is myscreenname[at]yahoo[dot]com. (Don't use the California Roundup email address for PayPal'ing funds.) You must use the Friends & Family option with PayPal for these prices.

If you have any questions, please ask before registering. You can send questions to CaliforniaRoundup[at]yahoo[dot]com.

Registration Pricing

Pricing for the event is as follows:

Lodging and all meals, Fri dinner - Sun breakfast: $190.00
    Lodging and all meals, Sat lunch - Sun breakfast: 105.00

RVs/trailers and all meals, Fri dinner - Sun breakfast: $105.00
    RVs/trailers and all meals, Sat lunch - Sun breakfast: 60.00

If you are expecting family and friends to attend and join us for a meal, please let me know that and I can price individual meals for you. We will need to know in advance, however, of guests such as this so that the staff can appropriately plan to have enough food on hand.

About My Responsiveness

Please note that, for the next four or five days, I am currently on vacation out of the country and in a different time zone where I only infrequently check email. However, if you have sent me an email with questions, or have PayPal’d the registration fees, I will definitely get back to you at my first opportunity. By the end of next week, I should be pretty much recovered from my travels and will be timely in my communications with you.

[​IMG]

So, come on now, let’s get with it and Join The Jet Set by attending the 2019 Gretsch California Gold Rush Roundup.

CatTones, r0de0 and Henry like this.
  2. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Great event, Bob! Thanks for sharing. Hopefully people can join you. Everybody should go to a Round Up at least once.

audept likes this.
  3. Ric12String

Ric12String Gretschie

Jun 6, 2008
    California
    Thanks, Dr. Jim! I agree. A Roundup is an experience like no other. I would love to see as many GT'ers as we can inspire to be there. The cost is cheap, and the return is quite high on the investment. You will be walking on air for a week or so after you get back to the doldrums of everyday life again.

audept likes this.
  4. Ric12String

Ric12String Gretschie

Jun 6, 2008
    California
    Does anyone have any questions about the Roundup that I can answer?

5. Ric12String

Ric12String Gretschie

Jun 6, 2008
    California
    As I noted above, we have Roundup t-shirts again this year. And the design for our "Join The Jet Set" theme has once again been created by the fabulous Vince Ray. He has been very active as a graphic designer in the rockabilly world and has even done some amazing work in past years for Gretsch Guitars.

The t-shirts will be the Gildan 5000 shirts in black, which are a heavy pre-shrunk cotton shirt of very high quality. This artwork design will be printed on the back of the shirts.

[​IMG]
    And this artwork will be on the front of the shirt at the left breast area:
    [​IMG]
    Ladies T-shirts may also be ordered.

T-shirts will be available at the Roundup or by mail (for non-attendees) as follows:

S, M, L, XL for $15.00 ($20.00 if sent by mail) XXL, XXXL for $17.50 ($22.50 if sent by mail)

You can PayPal (Friends & Family Option Only!) the purchase price to me at [insert my screen name] @ yahoo.com (remove the spaces and brackets).

When ordering, please specify:
    - Mens or Womens shirt
    - Size
    - Whether you will pick up at the Roundup or whether you want it shipped
    - If you want it shipped, please provide a mailing address (for use with US Postal Service)

(Shipping only to addresses within the United States.)

Because I have recently been on a vacation, I am a little bit late to getting the t-shirt information posted. This translates into a shorter length of time within which to submit orders for the shirts in order to have time to get them printed and shipped to me in time for the Roundup. So, please get your orders in quickly as I will probably have to close the time for orders to be submitted about August 26. Given the very cool graphic that Vince created, I think that this is a shirt that would be a shame to miss out on.

6. Ric12String

Ric12String Gretschie

Jun 6, 2008
    California
  7. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz

What is the trailer area like? Easy access to everything? On dirt, gravel or grass? And hookups? Elec, 30 amp etc?

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019 at 10:23 PM
  8. Ric12String

Ric12String Gretschie

Jun 6, 2008
    California
    Last year, those with trailers parked them a very short distance from the dining hall (where all activities take place). The guys ran long extension cords into a nearby building for their power. They used the showers and bathrooms in that building as well. It was very easy for them to navigate their trailers to that location. The surface there is simply the forest floor.

Let me know if you have any other questions as we would love to have you join us!

9. Scooter127

Scooter127 Synchromatic

Feb 25, 2019
    USA

Ooooooh I want one of those.

10. Ric12String

Ric12String Gretschie

Jun 6, 2008
    California
  11. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    Email sent, plan on being there Fri, Sat & Sun. It will be my first one, looking forward to it.

12. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Yea, you’ll have a good time.

radd likes this.
  13. Ric12String

Ric12String Gretschie

Jun 6, 2008
    California
    I am happy for you that you will be registering for the Roundup. These are, quite simply stated, tremendously fun events. Bring whatever guitars you want to play, but also bring other ones that you think that attendees will like to look at. Half the fun of attending a Roundup is ogling the gear of other players there.

And one of the best things about a Roundup is the chance to meet and get to know Joe Carducci. He is such a fun guy and such a great ambassador for Gretsch. I was just on the phone with him this morning and he is planning a special audio-visual presentation for Saturday evening before the swagfest.

And speaking of the swagfest, be sure to pack your lucky pick because you will drop it into a guitar that Joe's assistant will be holding and, if the pick is the first to drop out when the guitar is turned over, you will win some Gretsch swag. Joe has some pretty special stuff in store for this Roundup, including some GUITARS!!! What a great way to spend a weekend, getting a chance to take home a Gretsch guitar.

Anyway, radd, glad that you will be in attendance at the Roundup. It will be fun to meet you and make some music with you.

EDIT: By the way, if you want to order a Roundup t-shirt, be certain to specify the information requested in my earlier post.

radd likes this.
  14. Ric12String

Ric12String Gretschie

Jun 6, 2008
    California
    Only about a week left to order Roundup t-shirt shirts, so don't procrastinate!

15. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Payment sent!

16. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    I met Joe C at the last Minnesota Round Up. He was a great guy, very enthusiastic. Best of all, loved my Ebony Blue Jr. All West Coast G-Ters, do this if you can!

17. Ric12String

Ric12String Gretschie

Jun 6, 2008
    California
    Got your t-shirt order, Dr. Jim. Shirt will go out to you after I get back from the Roundup. It is always a last minute thing with getting delivery from the printer who is in Southern California.

And, I agree, certainly for anyone who is in California, particularly in Northern California, this is pretty much a no-brainer to attend. Everything is about Gretsch and Joe Carducci, who has been instrumental in the growth of the brand since FMIC became involved with it, will be front and center for the event and will be hosting the swagfest. Lots of good music, and great fellowship with old and new friends alike! And you could win a guitar!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice