Jet Club Tuners

Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by stiv, Aug 22, 2017.

1. stiv

stiv Synchromatic

Sep 12, 2014
    Florence, Italy
    Hello there,
    Did some of you Electro fellas change the tuners on his Jet Club (or Pro Jet or Power Jet, I suppose the headstock has the same dimension)? I've had very bad reviews about the stock ones (that btw seems cheap kluson-like mini tuners to me). If so, could you give me some advice about what to buy? I'm gonna stick with the stock fixed bridge (or, maybe, looking for a Duo Jet non-Bigsby tailpiece when I'll have the money, in order to avoid tuning issues - nut and bridge replacing for now) so I don't think I'll need locking types.

Thanks a lot in advance!

2. Axeman

Axeman Gretschie

Apr 25, 2014
    Ottawa
    Yeah the stock ones are cheap, recommend replacing.

On my Jet Club I put Grover mini locking rotomatic (406 series) 18 to 1 tuners. Stay's in tune like a dream now.

I also added a bigsby, it's a nice addition if you choose to go that route.

3. rockinforJesus

rockinforJesus Synchromatic

Nov 7, 2014
    Upstate New York
    IMG_0301.JPG IMG_0302.JPG
    I replaced the tuners on my G5235 PJ with Wilkinson 19:1 open backs that worked great, Tusq XL nut, and Tusq saddles. Great tuning stability and retained the classy Gretsch look.
    Tuner screw holes were off slightly. Easily remidied by filling holes with wood glue and a round toothpick, drill new holes. Unless you remove the tuners, you'd never know :cool:

4. stiv

stiv Synchromatic

Sep 12, 2014
    Florence, Italy
    Thanks fellas. I dig both tuners (Wilkinsons look better though). I'll be on a hunt today!:)