JAMES DEAN’s new movie??

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by TSims1, Nov 6, 2019.

1. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    And pixelating me!

2. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    We need music.

3. afire

afire Country Gent

[​IMG]

GOOBALL JEFF and Merc like this.
  4. r0de0

r0de0 Gretschie

Jul 7, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    McCoy says to Data-:

"Have you got some reason you want my atoms scattered all over space, boy?"

GlenP, pmac11 and wildeman like this.
  5. dankas11

dankas11 Country Gent

Jul 6, 2014
    Croatia
    I am a film director and I am strongly against it. For me it is horrible idea and completely disrespectful towards Dean. No computer can ever guess in what emotion and what way he would deliver a sentence. Horrible! Hope they will never do this!

6. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    So they claimed they couldn't find a white guy the right age to play in a Vietnam movie? Says a lot about how different the new generation is compared to us old farts and older farts.

7. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Which Vietnam movie are you talking about?

8. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
    I always liked Jimmy Dean. He was good on the old Daniel Boone TV series.

9. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
    Well here's a novel idea for them - find some new writers with new ideas and make great movies again. Too many remakes that are not as good as the originals. Also find some new actors who keep their political opinions to themselves as not to turn off half of their audience. Many of today's actors are lame. The key to a great actor is having the ability to seem like your character is real. Many today are not very convincing.

pmac11 likes this.
  10. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    No clue it was a comment in that link. It was a bit tweeted form one of the people commenting on it. I didn't pay attention to the source but it is similar to the comments about now finding anyone with the needed characteristics in for the role so they decided on Dean. I find this all just silly and a way to produce a show with a star they don't have to pay, at least not yet.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  11. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Does James Dean still resonate strongly today with anyone? I have to admit, while I know who he is, I haven't seen any of his movies and I'm supposedly old enough to know better.

Of 50s rebel icons, Marlon Brando in Wild One is much more powerful to me.

I can't imagine my 23 year old son would even spend eight seconds thinking about him if I asked. I think he is a bigger than life figure for a very specific time and place and has no meaning for anyone else.

Post-Post: My wife says she knows who he is, knows the famous picture with the cigarette hanging out his mouth and couldn't care less about him.

GlenP and thunder58 like this.
  12. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    When I was in Japan in the '80s I was repeatedly tole I look like James Dean buy the Japanese. I do not but he was huge there. I would be if this is done well this generation won't even know it was a CG of a dead actor. I don't think the boomers who were fans will be on board.

13. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Two generations of Star Trek reference for the win.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

r0de0 and Merc like this.
  14. Frank_NH

Frank_NH Synchromatic

Mar 25, 2013
    Lebanon, NH
    Next thing you know, they’ll be making digital reproductions of iconic Fender tube amps...:rolleyes:

wabash slim, r0de0, MrAstro and 5 others like this.
  15. MTurner

MTurner Friend of Fred

Aug 17, 2010
    Clayton, North Carolina, USA
    I suspect I am some considerable older than you and I've never seen his movies, either.

16. GOOBALL JEFF

GOOBALL JEFF Gretschie

Oct 1, 2019
    london
    that is sooo cool

17. GOOBALL JEFF

GOOBALL JEFF Gretschie

Oct 1, 2019
    london
    as you can see i'm a bit of a fan, and a rebel without a cause (edit) but no one wants to see my ugly mug so pic removed

18. GlenP

GlenP Gretschie

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    When my big brother was in college a local small movie theater had a double feature of Rebel and East of Eden and he took me to see them. Sure, he’s no Brando, but he was a master of his craft in his own way. Probably not as many posters of him and Marilyn Monroe on college dorm room walls these days. I guess he was about my dad’s age, so I was happy to learn a little about movies from that generation.

Maybe they can re-“record” the Eagles song about him with a digitally recreated Glenn Frey voice too. Ugh, just not sure how we got here. “He was too fast to live, too young to die, so we recreated him digitally for your entertainment....”

19. GOOBALL JEFF

GOOBALL JEFF Gretschie

Oct 1, 2019
    london
    lisa!

20. JeffreyLeePierre

JeffreyLeePierre Synchromatic

Nov 11, 2018
    Paris, north down Montmartre hill
    There are 3 things that make a good movie: 1) a good story; 2) a good story; and 3) a good story.

We'll see...

pmac11 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice