JAMES DEAN’s new movie??

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by TSims1, Nov 6, 2019.

1. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    Cool or creepy is up to you, but it looks like we are about to see James Dean star in a movie once again......

James Dean, dead 64 years, will be resurrected via technology to star in new movie

https://www.usatoday.com/story/ente...rected-for-new-movie-finding-jack/2506761001/

I can’t wait to see what they do. I think it’s pretty dang cool, but a huge JD fan. East Of Eden is one of my fave movies.......Giant was pretty awesome too. Rebel is of course THE teen flick of all time.

GOOBALL JEFF, r0de0 and nickurso like this.
  2. Floo

Floo Country Gent

Dec 16, 2012
    Elmshorn, Germany
    Although it‘s amazing what today‘s technology can do, I feel confused and even sad about it. Somebody creates a digital James Dean and makes him play like he thinks JD would. But wasn‘t his rather complex personality, his unorthodox behaviour what made him stand out among other actors? To me it feels like his family sold his soul.
    But I‘m a grumpy old fart at times and sometimes I feel lost in modern technology, so this is just my opinion. Now get off my lawn (of only I had lawn).

Waxhead, new6659, Jeff67 and 5 others like this.
  3. When is the Elvis movie coming?

Echocat23, pmac11 and TSims1 like this.
  4. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    Last week we drove by the intersection where he died, the memorial is about a mile away on the same road, Hwy 46.

I have stopped there a few times.

Not so sure I would watch a computer generated JD movie

calebaaron666 likes this.
  5. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    It IS totally weird, no doubt. Cheap? Yeah maybe. But still just so cool to think you can make movies even after you’re dead....!

6. Stefan

Stefan Country Gent

Jan 20, 2016
    Germany
    D93AD362-8EE4-4A4A-B693-81FF427E398D.jpeg
    I hate digital fakes.

7. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    I’ve always been a big Dean fan. My name comes from the brothers in East of Eden (Caleb & Aaron Trask). My parents were always adamant they got the name
    from the book, NOT the movie, but whatever! ;)

The pessimist in me suspects the Dean family were only too willing to make a deal. Might as well resurrect him for a new movie for some cash. I highly doubt they’re making as much money as they used to on his image. Kids these days could probably care less about ol’ James Dean. I doubt they’re buying posters etc like in the past.

I think this is kind of horrid, but nothing matters or is sacred anymore.

pmac11 likes this.
  8. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    I thought you might be talking about this guy. Makes good sausages. :D

[​IMG]

Also makes me think of the Monty Python skit about Marilyn Monroe appearing in a new movie even though she'd been cremated over ten years before. However I can't share it as it's definitely NSFW in the last 30 seconds or so. Ends with "We've got James Dean in a box."

9. GlenP

GlenP Gretschie

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    Next thing you know they will be adding color to iconic black and white films ... oh, sorry too late, dang. Night of the living dead just ain’t the same in color, poor choice of example in this situation. Let the man Rest In Peace. Or go ahead and bring back Natalie Wood while you’re at it.

Reminds me of a really trippy movie with the chick from Princess Bride, the studio wanted to digitize her so they could continue making movies in the likeness of her youthful self,
    https://m.imdb.com/title/tt1821641/
    The Congress, starring Robin Wright

Art imitates life imitates art ...

10. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    With your good looks you could easily do the main character in the movie, TS.

11. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz

Ya, apparently even after he’s dead......:eek:

12. stevo

stevo Country Gent

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    Just watched the trailer. Very...depressing.

13. afire

afire Country Gent

If there were bigger names involved, i.e., people you would expect to have decent judgment about whether the technology is really ready for something like this and reluctance to be associated with a turd, then I could be interested. But I'm guessing this is more a quick cash grab by the family and it'll be a sub-par movie that goes straight to video (or whatever the equivalent of that is today). The Gibson Hendrix Strat of the movie world.

And yes, the "we needed James Dean for this role" explanation is beyond absurd, and reinforces my above thoughts. It's obviously stunt casting taken to the next level.

Stefan and calebaaron666 like this.
  14. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    The book is a masterpiece. Your folks are old school!

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Echocat23 likes this.
  15. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I find it more on the creepy side. The mans deceased and I don’t know if he would approve of the script or acting/generated parts. Is nothing sacred anymore? I say let the man Rest In Peace. Want to honor or make him smile in the afterlife... watch one of his movies.

Floo and Sid Nitzerglobin like this.
  16. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
  17. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
    Yeah well they are still showing his sausage commercials years after his death and it's selling sausages to people who don't even know he's dead. In fact they might be eating the sausage that may have killed him...:eek::D.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    wildeman and drmilktruck like this.
  18. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
    Just another example of why Hollywood is dead. No new ideas - just rehash year after year. It's sad to think that a person who's been dead for 64 years is a better actor to fill a role than anyone else in Hollywood.

new6659, calebaaron666 and Jeff67 like this.
  19. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Quit hittin’ on me. And you need glasses.

;)

loudnlousy and Stefan like this.
  20. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    Seriously though......am I the only one who thinks this is kinda cool??

I dig the Roy Orbison hologram tour too! I mean, obviously it’s not the same and these guys are long gone.........but it lets a new generation experience them and keeps their memory alive and fresh.

Then again, I love tube amps while I play through a Headrush. Lol. Embrace it ALL I say!

loudnlousy and Lionpotato like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice