Its officially the ((HOLIDAYZ))!!! WOOO!! Come on in. (Official XMAS MUSIC THREAD 2018)

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by TV the Wired Turtle, Nov 1, 2018.

1. larryr

larryr Electromatic

Mar 6, 2012
    Camarillo, Ca.
    Big black Cadillac...

Trash Kidd likes this.
  2. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    98.6 deg F in Sydney yesterday, 87.8 deg today. Xmas is officially here! (Shorts and sandals day today. Pics would break the internet!) :eek:

TV the Wired Turtle likes this.
  3. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    I know its totally Pagan, Jesus doesnt have too much to do with the modern holiday but celebrating Peace and Goodwill toward men is a worthy cause and for that I do nod in favor of remembering the story of the Christ Child, its so unique its almost unbelievable, almost. That said all the other stuff is completely fun too.

Here's George Winston's album "DECEMBER", light a candle this week in honor of someone who was important in your life, who's passed on and turn this up. This season deserves reflection of all things past, joy filled and painful. They define our own journey. The Holiday Season is rich and its over much to quickly.

Tele295 and wabash slim like this.
  4. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Can't hurt, especially in the climate we have in the world today. I do get fired up for the family. Grandsons are the delight in my life. As I'm on the downhill side of life, I've gotten very retrospective, and yet see the future in my little men. Life goes on. I try to be the guy I want them to remember.

For thirty years, the holidays meant a hell of a lot of work, with little thanks, and less sleep. When I did have time off, I spent much of it sleeping and recuperating. January was hectic in other ways, and all told, I'd have only 6 or 7 days off, then, back at it. Family is the only thing that mattered for the holidays. Still the same way now.

I still assert that "Die Hard" is a Christmas movie. "Die Hard 2 " is as well.

5. Tele295

Tele295 Country Gent

Jun 4, 2008
    Ventura, CA
    We broke out the Christmas charts last week, and started rehearsing for holiday shows. Some new arrangements are developing, especially with my acoustic steel (Weissenborn style)

6. giffenf

giffenf Synchromatic

Oct 26, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Alrighty then. Here's my dearly departed (I'm sure it's still around, I just don't own it anymore) 6120GA in action:

And a reprise of our appearance on a Spanish-language variety show a couple years ago. This is my most favoritest introduction of all time:

calebaaron666 likes this.
  7. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Pretty tight bgv's on that hispanic cable show, very cool!

8. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Synchromatic

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    A family jam from a few years back featuring your's truly on flat vocals/guitar, my brother on guitar/back up vocals, and my old man playing slide with a butter knife on his beloved Gibson songwriter.
    https://soundcloud.com/caleb-aaron/blue-x-mas

Trash Kidd likes this.
  9. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.

10. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
    Cool! Like it...

calebaaron666 likes this.
  11. Yukimajo

Yukimajo Electromatic

Nov 4, 2018
    Exeter
    Oh you had to go there didn't you? OK here's my first entry to the pantheon:

12. giffenf

giffenf Synchromatic

Oct 26, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Thanks. We often do 4-part harmonies on songs, but this one was just 3. I continue to marvel at how well Tom can sing and play drums at the same time.

13. Stonepicking

Stonepicking Electromatic

Sep 14, 2018
    Portsmouth uk
    Sufjan stevens christmas box set always gets a lot of play in our household at christmas. Reworkings of classic carols as well as originals. Essential listening for us.