It's coming. . . .

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Scooter127, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Scooter127

Scooter127 Synchromatic

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    Despite being in IT since the 90's, sometimes it just knocks me over when people take various technologies, stitch them together, and give us things like live weather radar on something that fits in your pocket.

Or NGD tracking.

upload_2019-6-12_17-46-3.png

wabash slim, T Bone, DannyB and 7 others like this.
  2. Lee Erickson

Lee Erickson Country Gent

Apr 20, 2009
    Eagan, MN
    It makes me want to hum Route 66. Too bad there isn't a good tune for I40.

I hope you enjoy your NGD!

Lee

3. Yukimajo

Yukimajo Gretschie

Nov 4, 2018
    Exeter UK
    Hello to another IT person. I too have been in IT (support for my sins) since the early '90s. I hope your NGD is straight forward and we all get to drool over your new purchase soon!

4. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Looking forward to seeing whatever it is inbound. Sometimes it’s nice living through other people’s NGD’s. :)

5. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    humm... wonder what it could be :p

6. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    I am looking on a shipping tracker every day because I am waiting for a new pedal for one month. It took 4 days to ship it from China to Germany. It arrived in Frankfurt on May, 27. It is still there to this day...

DannyB likes this.
  7. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Do you think it’s stuck awaiting import taxes? Assuming you have that in Germany.

8. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

I agree, love these little pocket computers and their capabilities, despite their changing our world in an often negative way.

Love tracking NGDs. So whatchya got coming? Okay, I'll start the guessing. Mostite? (Why am I stuck on that brand these days?).

9. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    As I'm getting up in age, I've been thinking about the changes in our technology in relation to what my parents and grandparents had. My grandparents never travelled more than 50 MPH, used oil lamps and candles, iceboxes, and were young when radios were invented. My Dad was hip to the tech of his day, first as a B-17 crew chief, then, as he fixed TVs in the early '50s, did 8mm and 16mm movies, and was a top notch wrench jockey working in R&D at Studebakers, starting as a machinist. He worked at Electro Voice before that. He'd have been amazed at home video tape, CDs and DVDs, and the computer age in general.

I worked with an early Univac 3600 computer, punch cards and all that, and watched the world go to hand held computers in everyones pocket. I worked on an FM radio station when they expanded in the '70s, and worked on stage since the '60s and saw that industry massively change as well, from homemade sound and light boards to specialized computers for both. I've gone from 78s to 45s to 33 RPM records thru half a dozen different tape formats to DVDs and CDs. My best friend has been working with computers since before the 8084 chip. I've wrenched on cars since they had points and plugs and ran on leaded gas. Times change.

I can't even imagine the wonders that my grandsons will encounter.

loudnlousy and new6659 like this.
  10. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Now you just download the app.....

11. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    No. Besides having imported the same item just 2 months ago without any hassels, this on goes for under EUR 30,-( incl. shipping) and that means no taxes at all.
    It is a very nice tubescreamer clone. I will write a review for you all as soon as it will arrive. (The first one was a birthday present for a dear friend)

Merc likes this.
  12. Scooter127

Scooter127 Synchromatic

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    It is a clevery guard secret! Lol

thunder58 likes this.
  13. Scooter127

Scooter127 Synchromatic

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    I kin spill gud.

14. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    You know where to post it ..... NGD thread ..... pics or it didn't happen

15. Scooter127

Scooter127 Synchromatic

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    One could say I know where to find pics already

thunder58 likes this.
  16. Scooter127

Scooter127 Synchromatic

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice