It's a blizzard out there today, so it's hunker down time and make stupid stuff..

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by JBacklund, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    Yep, it's landed. Snowblower's ready to rock 'n roll.

new6659 likes this.
  2. tartanphantom

tartanphantom Country Gent

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Meanwhile, in my corner of the world, it was 67 degrees yesterday... and it's supposed to get down to a bone-chilling 39 F tonight.:D

3. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    Nice. Really nice. Teasing a poor cornered animal like that. I'll be thinking of you later while i'm snowblowing the entire northern hemisphere.

Just remember, Santa is Canadian now!

new6659 and dak55 like this.
  4. tartanphantom

tartanphantom Country Gent

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    [​IMG]

5. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    Ah yes, another horrific accident caused by the weather here. This one out in Gretsch6120 (Ryan) territory - Kingston, Ontario - where we have the Northern Round Up in the bliss of May.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5380327

6. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Cool idea . Will the running board clamps double as a capo ?

7. JBacklund

JBacklund Electromatic

Oh, hell, we only got 18 inches here since yesterday, just a dusting.

8. afire

afire Country Gent

Not snowing too much right now, but enough to coat my front steps, briefly melt, then freeze to glare ice. I had no idea that had happened and went ass over teacup taking the dog out last night.

9. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Ski season is at hand! Rejoice and be exceedingly glad!

10. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Be glad you live farther South than S. Dakota.

Tony65x55 likes this.
  11. wabash slim

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    I remember being happy to see 39F so I could work on the car.

r0de0 and Bertotti like this.
  12. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    LOL, I am. As much as I love the US midwest, I'm not blind to the vicious winters they can experience.

Northern Arizona?

13. wabash slim

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    I grew up in NW Indiana, just 15-20 miles East of Lake Michigan. We get Lake Effect Snow like Buffalo and Cleveland. My county has 200 miles of marked snowmobile trails. If I have to live where it's cold, I want enough snow to go out and play in it.

Bertotti likes this.
  14. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    Lots of folks love snowmobiling and we have a ton of them. The joke is that Ontario has seven months of winter and five months of road repair and bad snowmobiling.

I just checked the website for the Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs and they say Ontario has 30,000 kilometres of trails and the economics are $3.3 billion/yr.

C'mon up. Bring your sled!

wabash slim likes this.
  15. LA Miles

LA Miles Country Gent

Dec 6, 2012
    UPSTATE NY
    Well my first winter back in upstate NY in 35 years has greeted me with over a foot of white stuff.

I was especially heartened when after spending an hour clearing my driveway, my eejit neighbor put her car in my driveway so she could clear her driveway - it was still snowing - an hour later she brushed the accumulated snow off her car onto my driveway before moving her car back.

Can't wait to use her pool this summer - if you get my "drift".....

new6659, Bertotti and audept like this.
  16. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Careful, these kind of disputes can easily "snowball" ;)

17. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    A dump truck full of the cheapest rock dumped on her drive in the winter. Can’t park on the street or you get towed so you have to move the rock.

18. LA Miles

LA Miles Country Gent

Dec 6, 2012
    UPSTATE NY
    what a flake

drmilktruck and audept like this.
  19. wabash slim

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    This guy owned three houses (converted into apartments) across the street from me. After I spend a couple of hours shoveling a foot of the white crap off of my sidewalks, steps, and porch, I go in to enjoy a well earned cup of coffee.

I looked out to see this twit with a skid steer clearing his sidewalks, driveways, and the on-street parking (illegal) in front of his three places---plowing the packed mess onto my freshly cleared walk. He loaded the skid steer onto his trailer and parked it in front of my place , then went into one of the houses to do some work.

I spent two more hours with a spade (snow shovel wouldn't cut the packed snow) clearing the mess he left me, throwing it all onto his pickup, trailer, and skid steer. As it was just below 30F, I dug out my hose, and spent 20 minutes giving it all a good healthy coat of ice. Radiator, windshield, etc.

He spent an hour clearing his truck so he could drive it, never said a word, didn't leave me a mess, and never did it again.

----------------------------------------------

The church behind me had a guy clearing their parking lot, also shoving it onto my parking area. Told the priest who lived next door to me about it. Apparently that did no good. Second time, I just stood out there watching him. He looked confused, but put it onto one side of the lot. Never happened again.
    The parishioners would routinely park in my area, often blocking us in. Easter and Christmas were the worst times for it. They always said, "Well, it's the church's property!" I'd leave 'em doggie surprises as the No Parking signs didn't seem to work.
    ----------------------------------------------

Making tons of unnecessary work for other is as arrogant and entitled as it gets.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    new6659 and Bertotti like this.
  20. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Cold weather is good. It culls the weak and diseased. :D

wabash slim and Bertotti like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice