Is this to crazy?

Discussion in 'Technical Side of Things' started by Bertotti, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    On the other side... In the '80s Roland made little guitar practice amps called the DAC series. Some of them had 4x4" chrome domed speakers instead of a single 10". Thin, buzzy, and I won't mention the canned chorus and delay.

2. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Anything less than an 8" speaker is usually too anemic for anything other than a practice amp. Also, you actually DID mention the canned chorus and delay.

Ricochet likes this.
  3. Charging Charlie

Charging Charlie Gretschie

Jun 21, 2018
    Maryland
    Do what works for you.
    Check out my Avatar photo on the left.
    Behind the 3 guitars is a cabinet I constructed to hold my 4 amps, a Fender 68 Custom Deluxe ,a Fender G-Dec 3-30 ,a Fender Acoustisonic , and a Line 6 Spider V-120. Mounted to the right,vertically is a Pyle Power strip with 8 individual switches to power up the amps and other accessories that are on slanted top shelf.
    Now I do not have to move 2 or 3 amps around to get to one. Everything is switched on and powered up by the switches on the power strip.
    Makes it easy to play with my toys and takes up less space.
    "works for me "

Bertotti likes this.
  4. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I actually did that with this wall unit on its side about 15 years ago. My tx amps an epi valve jr head and the jsx mini all in it. I all but forgot about this piece in the clutter of the basement from our move out here. Now its time for a refresh! Need to add wheels and widen the base a bit so it isn't tippy.

5. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    aaaaaaand GO!

6. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Already emptying it out, the current hurdle is location, I have a wife obstacle to overcome but it won't take to long. I just have to wait until she is sleeping. It's too heavy for her to move once I carry and put it in place! hahahahaahaa She actually won't care as long as I play something she likes or give her some money.

Charging Charlie likes this.
  7. Charging Charlie

Charging Charlie Gretschie

Jun 21, 2018
    Maryland
    Money always works.........for a minute

Bertotti likes this.
  8. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    ...don`t forget to buy a decent flightcase for it. And a forklift-truck, perhaps.:p

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice