Impending bass board upsize mockup

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by Sid Nitzerglobin, May 22, 2020.

1. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Dunno how interesting this is to others, but I'm excited about a couple recently ordered pedals that prompted the reconfig of my recent bass setup & was particularly happy w/ a quick Photoshop mockup I put together of one of them from scratch so figured I'd make a post :oops::p

Here's what I'm thinking currently:
    [​IMG]
    It's not all that much changed from the PT Jr. setup I put together last week just upsized to a Gator G Tour board for a bit more comfortable stomping access & to allow for the inclusion of the afformentioned pending new acquisitions: the Nocturne Jr. Barnyard & one of the small run Analog Chorus/Vibrato boxes from Mr. Black (https://www.mrblackpedals.com/products/analog-chorus-vibrato?mc_cid=2390807684&mc_eid=55bb54de65). It wound up I should have some space leftover & decided to try out one of the Bright Switch USB light & charger boxes as well.

My initial thoughts on routing are:
    bass > PolyTune 3 > Compressor > ParaEQ > Jr. Barnyard > Keeley bypass loop, right {Vintage Fuzz Master > Barbershop} > Keeley bypass loop, left {Wonderlove w/ Supermoon in loop > Analog Chorus/Vibrato > Disaster Transport Sr. > Lillian} > Buffered Splitter > amp(s)
    (the ParaEQ might get shifted either in between the 2 loops or after the time/mod loop)

I've been really into the preamp on my El Pescadoro for bass previously so figured it made sense to try out a Jr. Barnyard on a dedicated bass setup.

The Mr. Black Chorus sounds like it should be pretty special, promising a good deal of headroom & fidelity for a BBD circuit. We'll see how it works out for me.

Hopefully one of the 500mA @ 18V taps from the Strymon Zuma will be enough to make the second USB on the Bright Switch useful for running/charging my phone or tablet off it, if not I can plug the second gooseneck LED light in there I spose. If it's not providing utility I'll probably sub in an effects loop insert box in its place wired in between the 2 bypass loops...

Anyway, sorry if anyone viewing feels like their time was wasted, I was just looking for something to do in between meetings ;)

Thanks for taking a look !

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    audept, Bertotti and ramjac like this.
  2. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Looks like a barrel of fun!

Sid Nitzerglobin likes this.
  3. ramjac

ramjac Synchromatic

Aug 14, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Groovy setup as usual. Do your fuzz or overdrive pedals cut low end? I’d be tempted to try putting the Wonderlove in the main signal path in buffered bypass mode and then put the Vintage Fuzz Master and the Barbershop in the Wonderlove loop. Use the Wonderlove to blend in dry signal to preserve the lows.

Sid Nitzerglobin likes this.
  4. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Thanks man!

The Vintage Fuzz Master does step on the low end for sure, there's very little left below ~400-450Hz when it's on. It's a very situational use thing for me mainly for overindulgent stoner/doom/Melvins style riffage that I feel semi-self conscious about but still guiltily enjoy the hell out :oops::D

The Barbershop seems to keep the lows pretty well intact & works surprisingly well for me to goose the PF50T into varying degrees of meltdown w/ the amp dialed for saturated clean/edge of breakup w/ the B-301 or 4003S. I use it more for the boost & the awesome sag than the fairly mild clipping on tap.

I was kind of thinking about doing a wet/dry (well, I guess more like wet/dirty really) dual path setup on this board splitting right after the Jr. Barnyard & blending right before the splitter out to the amp but I have too hard of a time w/ the board just getting ginormous & overwhelming to operate when I've gone that route in the past. That's what I've got on my other "plug in the board & just add a cab (or phones/DI)" bass setup, splitting/blending w/ the Keymaster right after the compressor & the Tone Hammer:
    [​IMG]
    I'm getting a couple other ideas about what I might actually wind up w/ on the new setup, maybe I'll see what I can come up w/ using a Lehle Parallel L for the time/mod stuff if I'm feeling saucy & I can find one :) I'll have to try that w/ the Wonderlove loop in the meantime, I've never tried using the loop on it for dirt before. Thanks for the suggestion there!

Last edited: May 22, 2020
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice