I'm a hostler ! Whats your job?

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by MrBill, Apr 10, 2011.

1. speedicut

speedicut Friend of Fred

Jun 5, 2012
    Alabama
    I own a bottled water distributorship..
    To help wash down your pharmaceuticals. :D

2. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    I handle legal and legislative affairs for a large non-profit association.

Back in the days when I had a life, I worked as a professional musician for almost thirty years.

3. Skev

Skev Country Gent

Jul 16, 2011
    France
    I sold professional tools for a firm... Which fired me two month ago economical restructuration !!So jobless for the moment= so more time to play and work on my gear!

4. weazel

weazel Synchromatic

Jun 11, 2011
    UK
    I'm the only full time rock n roll guitarist here then,I've had other jobs but I just get angry and go home.

5. goalgirl

goalgirl Electromatic

Nov 15, 2012
    Denton, TX
    Database Administrator, currently contracting at the best airline in the world.

6. workknot

workknot Country Gent

Feb 15, 2009
    Brainerd, Minnesota
    Jack of all trades master of none. Retired 12 years now and I do have this mastered.
    Pop's

7. Scott Fraser

Scott Fraser Country Gent

Jan 14, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Recording engineer & concert mixer. Been doing that since mid-late 70s. Mentally adding up the results, I believe I've recorded, mixed, or mastered about 600 albums, & mixed somewhere in the vicinity of 2,000 concerts in about 65 countries.

BTW you retired guys are my heroes. That's what I really want to be when I grow up.

SF

8. BerlinSunn

BerlinSunn Gretschie

May 17, 2012
    Newport, South Wales
    That's amazing! What are the most memorable jobs for you?

9. Glow

Glow Gretschie

Jun 6, 2012
    Australia
    Freelance camera operator for the last 38 years

10. Beezerchris

Beezerchris Electromatic

Oct 2, 2012
    british columbia
    Geez, bentobilly has me beat for restless. I've been a muscian, teacher, welder, owned a pottery studio, aircraft interior installer, upholsterer, bronze foundry mold maker, I.T. Consultant, stats and research wonk and am now a departmemt head for a university research library. This is an interesting little off topic thred.

11. John Pimlott

John Pimlott Gretschie

Jul 27, 2012
    London
    It's ok really, just like any job. it's what you make it. I drive in Croydon mainly, which is the most violent town in Britain, with stabbings, murders etc at about one or two fatalities per week, but I've never been threatened or even got into any kind of skirmish. There's other drivers who have scraps weekly. The pay used to be ok, but the hours are long and very unsociable, so if you're a going out of an evening kind of a chap it's not for you. Also it's a relationship killer.
    Having said all that I love the job, because I greet everyone who comes onboard and I get to know loads of people. Like I say, it's what you make of it.
    Best regards,
    John. :)

12. Neoj4zz

Neoj4zz Gretschie

Sep 30, 2011
    Chicago Burbs
    I'm in IT. I watch the for the Bad guys :)

13. Scott Fraser

Scott Fraser Country Gent

Jan 14, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Getting to mix in world class concert halls is always a major thrill; Carnegie Hall, Sydney Opera House, La Scala, Lincoln Center, Concertgebouw, Kennedy Center, Berlin Philharmonic, Teatro Colon, Royal Albert Hall, etc.
    Getting a Grammy nomination for an album I produced, recorded, mixed & mastered was very high on the memorable list.
    Many memories indeed, a lot of amazing music made by incredible musicians in wonderful venues. And a lot of seriously fascinating travel as well.

SF

14. Billy C

Billy C Country Gent

Aug 17, 2010
    El Mirage Arizona
    Electrican helper, then electrician, then electrical crew leader, then electrical system supervisor, and then after 41 years ,,,,,,,,Retired. Love my 1959 Gretsch 6128 Duo-jet.

15. BerlinSunn

BerlinSunn Gretschie

May 17, 2012
    Newport, South Wales
    That's pretty cool then :)

I've seen people going mental on the busses quite often and always wondered if the drivers ever did anything to get the people off the bus.

16. SpankyAndy

SpankyAndy Electromatic

Nov 1, 2012
    Canberra, Australia
    I'm an IT Project Manager in Geosciences, also an IT Business Analyst. Used to be a web developer, tech writer, graphic designer, freelance journalist (aviation and IT) and prior to that marketing manager, sales rep, and before that, a postal clerk!

17. MichaelJA

MichaelJA Electromatic

Jul 3, 2012
    Sonoma, Ca.
    Rock and roll troubadour, cartoonist, apprentice sign painter, screen print screen room technician, airbrush artist, label maker designer computer graphics artist, free lance artist, watercolorist, delivery driver, I'm pretty sure I'm missing or forgetting something!

18. John Pimlott

John Pimlott Gretschie

Jul 27, 2012
    London
    Cool!
    I almost forgot, I paint aswell, but these days I try to keep it to a minimum, so I'm turning down a lot of work...
    [​IMG]

19. MichaelJA

MichaelJA Electromatic

Jul 3, 2012
    Sonoma, Ca.
    Seriously? I can only imagine, your very good from that image! Sadly these days I've been disabled where sitting, standing & walking are limited to very short time frames making it very difficult to be able to get into and do what & how I use to work so I'm working on ways around the whole mess so I can maintain some bit of sanity after all the pain meds I ingest daily. :rolleyes:

20. MichaelJA

MichaelJA Electromatic

Jul 3, 2012
    Sonoma, Ca.
    One of my pieces

This was a gift for my wife as a birthday present a couple of years ago. Acrylics on board. Titled 'Fun Night For Mr. Snail'

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice