If only I had the cash - cool Jaguar on sale at MF

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Scooter127, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Scooter127

Scooter127 Synchromatic

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    I think I'm in love

upload_2019-8-9_16-46-4.png

RocknRollShakeUp and thunder58 like this.
  2. mschafft

mschafft Gretschie

Jan 19, 2017
    Switzerland
  3. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Wow, Squier money!

Philtertronic likes this.
  4. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    You got to rob an old lady in the park. ,,,,bad idea. Sorry for that.

5. Charlie westside

Charlie westside Country Gent

Jul 27, 2018
    Sylmar Califirnia
    Really nice guitar. What a deal!

6. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    I'd rather have a VM personally, even less money and more Jaguary.

jdr1014 and panhead6zero like this.
  7. Philtertronic

Philtertronic Gretschie

Feb 26, 2014
    scotland
    Yep.. I love the VM range.

8. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    I have two VMs(one Jag), which I love, but I routed both for new pickups and I can tell you they are really scraping the barrel with the wood selection. Heck one probably was a bottom of a barrel, in that it had a substantial rotten spot. :oops:

9. kjmac

kjmac Gretschie

Mar 7, 2018
    Omaha, NE
    That looks like a nice guitar, but I'm not sure I would like a Jag with dual humbuckers. I believe the hot value on a Jag is the Squier VM. Has all the usual Jag bells and whistles as well as a couple Duncan Designed Jag single coils. I have one that is a few years old and I put some Fender '65 single coils in it and it will stand up to any Fender brand Jag out there except maybe a top of the line American. A brand new VM Jag is $399.99 and I bought mine used in mint condition for $249.

Jaguar 2.jpg

emitex and reverb11 like this.
  10. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Just sold my Player Series MIM Fender Jag for $300...I have had cr@p luck selling things:(

jag.jpg

11. Philtertronic

Philtertronic Gretschie

Feb 26, 2014
    scotland
    Unlucky. I've never had one I didn't like. But, then again, they were all basses. Here's the current one, gone stealth.... 20190117_200001.jpg

Ricochet likes this.
  12. Scooter127

Scooter127 Synchromatic

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    Man, I might well have grabbed that from you and I'm only a ride up 85 from Gville and Sparkle City. My old man used to live in Tryon.

larryb likes this.
  13. Scooter127

Scooter127 Synchromatic

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    The one I posted just speaks to me. I prefer humbuckers, LOVE the color, and....never use tremolo so I tend to despise them being there in the first place. My one and only guitar with trem, a 95 MIM Strat, had the trem disabled. I can remember if I shoved a carefully sized block of wood or pennies in there to keep it from moving.

14. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    I had it on CL for a while...wish I could have sold it to you...it was a great guitar, was just thinning the herd.

15. kjmac

kjmac Gretschie

Mar 7, 2018
    Omaha, NE
    That being the case, it looks like you found your dream guitar. I love the 24" scale of the Jaguar as it makes some of those stretch chords easier to play.

16. RocknRollShakeUp

RocknRollShakeUp Synchromatic

Jun 20, 2017
    USA
    I like the concept of a stripped down hot rodded Jag, of sorts, but I would have to have the ability to coil split so I can also get Fender-ish single coil sounds.

I had a Johnny Marr Jag which was a peach but, Alas, I couldn't get along with the 24" scale length...and maybe with the 7.25" neck radius...and maybe with the vintage frets..well so maybe with the whole neck! I think if the guitar had at least a 9.5" radius with 6105 frets, or even medium jumbos, I'd have have dug it fine.

Tangent, I love the frets on my Players Edition Falcon, and on my Historic Les Pauls...but the Fender vintage frets are just a bit too puny for me.

But I love offsets big time. And I enjoy the concept of a stripped down more modernized JM/Jag, even though I love the ones with the real deal vintage electronics. I even use the "Jazz" setting! I love using it to comp "bass" lines, and it is great with fuzz, and then "wham-o" I'm back to the bright settings.

The closest I've gotten to a more modern offset is with my G&L Doheny and it's modern two point tremolo and the G&L electronics, both of which are very effective for what they do.

But I may be ready for a stripped down Jag-You-Ahhrr (yes, kids, not Jag-"Wire" :D)...but I think I'd go with a 25" scale length...and maybe two WDR's or two splittable gold foil hum buckers! OK, I've just added yet another PartsCaster idea to my list!

Wow...that was a ramble! Cheers Fellas!

17. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    I like that. How about 27" scale? :)

My Jagbari con Tele.

4F89622B-60AD-48F5-B968-57C749E16FA5.jpeg

18. Scooter127

Scooter127 Synchromatic

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    Oh well.

I need to thin the herd as well, but with bangy things and not guitars. About 8 years ago every weekend was gobs of shooting (300 roundfs was an average day) and I haven't gone to a range in almost two years. Time to ditch most of 'em.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice