Join Gretsch-Talk Today

If Gretsch Offered to Make a Signature Model for You . . .

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Synchro, Jun 28, 2017.

1. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Friend of Fred

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    My Blue 6120JR but with cat's eye soundholes, DuoTrons, Hot Rods controls and a GraphTech Ghost piezo system.

audept likes this.
  2. Sarah93003

Sarah93003 Friend of Fred

I would love to have a G400/12. The G400 is still the best 6 string acoustic I've ever played and dream of having one in a 12 string with a 17" bout, cutaway, excellent pickup, and natural finish.

After scratching that itch it would be awesome to have either a 6120JR double neck or a Black Penguin double neck.

3. organic

organic Synchromatic

Jan 22, 2011
    Worcester UK
    I'm pretty happy with my Tenny, so one of them in natural (might allow a little dark stain) with TVJ Classic pickups and a stainless steel Compton.

4. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    I already pitched Joe Carducci on my signature model in May at the Round-up.

I want a proline Corvette, bound neck and headstock. Classic Gretsch neck profile, Filter'trons or TVJ Classics (not powertrons), B5, master volume, master tone, better placement for the neck strap button, strap locks.

White with gold hardware, big, bold side fret markers.

I told him I was waiting....

I already have a signature model amp. Seriously. The Berns 1530 - only two made but that's not important right now. :)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    Sarah93003, drmilktruck and TSims1 like this.
  5. nickurso

nickurso Friend of Fred

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    IMG_2605.JPG Mine would have to be bass on my panther since it's the guitar I gig with most of the time. It's a black panther with TV Jones setzer signature pick ups a ss true arc bridge. Spurzel locking tuners, schaller strap locks and the master volume splits the neck pickup into a single coil and the neck volume pulls up to put the pick ups out of phase. Plus you gotta have that cool matt Codina leather strap, and don't forget the badge I added

Waxhead, audept and TSims1 like this.
  6. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Love the specialized mods. Cool choices.

nickurso likes this.
  7. StJohn

StJohn Country Gent

Jun 5, 2008
    North Louisiana
    Great guitar....that greenie is sulking in the background!

nickurso likes this.
  8. nickurso

nickurso Friend of Fred

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    I play it a lot too that's why it's out. Funny thing is I dont play the Panther at home much mostly just at gigs

9. nickurso

nickurso Friend of Fred

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    Thanks it really personalizes the guitar for me and makes it so much more versatile. And I used them every gig. I love the out of phase set up both with the neck pick up on full or split to a single. I use it like BB King uses the varitone on his guitar for the choked up sound when he gets quiet. Plus the strap makes a big difference

10. Frank_NH

Frank_NH Synchromatic

Mar 25, 2013
    Lebanon, NH
    My signature model would be based on my 6120N, with the neck joining the body at the 16th fret and a 25" scale length. TV Jones Powertrons for pickups, pinned bridge, and finally Sperzel tuners. Color options: red, black, and orange.

SANY0462.JPG

audept likes this.
  11. Les Pedals

Les Pedals Electromatic

Mar 29, 2017
    South Jersey
    image.jpg This 5420 with TV Jones Classics and a name plate that I own would do just fine.

12. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Country Gent

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    An Electromatic version of the Duo Jet, similar to this DeArmond M75T with Gretsch Dynasonics:

[​IMG]

13. Hellmark

Hellmark Electromatic

Jan 7, 2015
    O'Fallon, MO
    G6118T-LTV as a base. Blue tinted nitrocellulose clear lacquer. Filtertron bridge and neck, and a lipstick tube mid. Three on off switches for pickup selector. Master volume, and individual dual control pots for volume and tone.

Les Pedals and Henry like this.
  14. Synchro

Synchro Super Moderator Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson, AZ
    Admin Post
    Just a teaser: There have been some major developments in the evolution of the Synchro Hot Rod. I’m not quite ready to publish my findings yet, but things are picking up.

I’ve also decide that if Setzer can have two signature models, so can I. WTH, I’m several inches taller than him, that should count for something. So the official word is now I have given myself permission to dream of two Synchro Signature models, the Synchro 6120DC (which I will elaborate upon soon enough) and the Synchro Hot Rod, based upon my G6119-1959.

Trash Kidd likes this.
  15. russmack

russmack Gretschie

May 1, 2017
    ballina australia
    That looks interesting E-man.

I wonder about the sonic possibilities.

Russ

16. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    Bingo - same for me :)
    You do the cherry red and I'll do blue n black pick guard :)

17. Les Pedals

Les Pedals Electromatic

Mar 29, 2017
    South Jersey
    image.jpg

18. benjwri

benjwri Country Gent

Oct 27, 2011
    Central ON Can
    It would be similar to an ES339 but double cut, cat's eyes, neo markers, grover imps, gretsch gent headstock, filtertrons, 3 posn tone, one for each pup...

19. englishman

englishman Gretschified

Apr 5, 2014
    Detroit
    Well, the real thing differed in that I went with a chopped Bigsby instead of string-through and added a master volume as I find them handy. Oh, plus the ebony fretboard. It sounds like a rock machine for sure!

emancvt1.jpg emancvt2.jpg

Waxhead, russmack and Henry like this.
  20. afire

afire Country Gent

This 1956 Streamliner-6120 hybrid might be a real contender for me:
    [​IMG]
    But add a Bigsby. If I ever spec out my own Custom Shop guitar, I think this might be what I'd go with. Every time I think of this guitar I kick myself. I saw it on eBay, and thought about bidding, but at the time I was looking for something else and passed. It only went for about $3500. When it showed up a few years later at Fretted Americana, as you might imagine, it was no longer $3500.

5120mantis likes this.