I was so sick last week. My favorite restaurant.

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Roy Clark, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Roy Clark

Roy Clark Gretschie

Jun 16, 2017
    Bat cave.
    Last week I was so sick. I thought I had food poising. Turns out I was constipated. I go out to eat with my father once a week. we both are retired. I am not working because of health issues. He retired because he wanted to. So we go to one of my favorite all you can eat buffet once a week. I could not go to eat with him. I threw up. And felt awful. I felt so bad. A weird taste in my mouth. I'm not married. So a family member game me a laxative. Finally I went to the bathroom a few times and got better. But I did not know that was the problem. :(o_O

I just felt really sick during Donald's speech. I thought I had got sick off some chicken. My body hurt so bad. I was confused. My stomach hurt and I could not keep a drink down. Now I feel better. And I'm going to eat this week.

The buffet has chicken, steak, all kinds of meat. Broccoli casserole, and other things. Small plates but a lot of food. I love eating at that local place. I do not think it is a national chain restaurant? We have been going their since he retired. And a lot before he retired.

How many have been constipated like that? It felt so different. Funny how the body works. I used to work in a hospital.

2. new6659

new6659 Country Gent

Oh Man:(:(:confused:! Glad you're feeling better!

3. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Lol another thread that needs a trigger warning.

Closest thing to that was when my appendix burst and I developed an infection that was partly encapsulate but my guts were inflamed, and just refused to process. I was hospitalized for 5 or so days and half way through they wanted another MRI and gave me the nasty banana milkshake goo for the test - something like 2 pints. I had no problem swallowing it but it had nowhere to go as my digestive process had stopped. So basically I filled up my stomach, my esophagus, my throat, then came spilling out. I didnt barf so much as overflow, there was no stomach action. They gave up, I leaned over a toilet and it came gushing out like the stereotype of someone spewing water after a drowning scare. I went back to bed and got me some morphine.

dak55, thunder58 and ZackyDog like this.
  4. new6659

new6659 Country Gent

5. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    Fred’s Barfalounge

Bertotti, Dave-B, gtttrrr and 5 others like this.
  6. Roy Clark

Roy Clark Gretschie

Jun 16, 2017
    Bat cave.
    Really. I know the felling. I thought I had food poising.o_O

I had gastroparesis once. No cure but prayer and the creator of the world healed me. I threw up because my stomach quit working 2005. I would pass gas and it would stink so bad. the doctors had nothing for it. My food would take days to digest the food but by then I threw up.:( I was watching TBN on day when I came home from the hospital. And I got healed. That was a bad time in my life. ;)

This felt different and worse. Gastroparesis made me starve to death. That is what it dose. You do not want that.

Henry likes this.
  7. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    12 hr stomach flu is going around. sudden onset w diarrhea and vomiting for about 6 hrs, then another w extreme nausea and cramps. keep that gut flora strong, peeps.

Bertotti likes this.
  8. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Roy , this happened a few years ago to my wife , she is a cancer patient . Perhaps you should have your thyroid checked . Simple blood test .
    Good health to you my friend

ZackyDog likes this.
  9. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    "I just felt really sick during Donald's speech.":eek:

Henry, toddfan and wabash slim like this.
  10. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    *********** end the political overtones guys *************

ZackyDog, Henry and jfassett like this.
  11. DennisC

DennisC Synchromatic

May 11, 2017
    Germany
    Uh ... been there a few times the last 8 years.

They said, it wouldn't matter much they take out the gallbladder, but it does matter a lot in my case, it just usually doesn't change much. Eating used to be fun, at least sometimes, but became something I'd like to outsource, if the problems related to it could be outsourced, too. On top of that, I wasn't allowed to take it home in a jar, because once it is out, I am no more the legal owner of my own organs but the hospital then is, and there are certain procedures for that stuff (in the end, they take samples and throw it into an oven).

Thought it was something serious a few times ... went to the MD or even hospital and either was sent home to eat more fibres and pain medication (but, of course, on a saturday afternoon they wouldn't give me any to take home, neither a prescription), or left by own decision when they suggested I'd stay there to ... eat more fibres like I'd do at home. So ... fibres ... they're it, enable eating stuff that contains other things than fibres. Without tons of them - either that what happened to you, or the other extremum will happen. To some degree I can't prevent it from happening, so I have accepted it as normal from then on, as I can't really do anything about it. Redoing the stitchery inside will more likely worsen it than making it any better.

They made me a fibre addict. I feel so used and dirty sometimes... Psyllium Seed's shells/envelopes are superb.

When someone invents an artifical gallbladder, I'm in for one of the first ones in a clinical study, but as said organ isn't crucial, I guess this won't happen too soon. Before, I had planned not to begin complaining about health issues until I'm at least sixty, but only made it to 29 without.

12. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    I'll see your constipation, and raise you double pneumonia with a side of COPD.

You situation just proves that there's a sphincter in charge.

13. Roy Clark

Roy Clark Gretschie

Jun 16, 2017
    Bat cave.
    Being sick is not good. But this was different. I thought it was something else. I'm just glad I can eat again. And go out to eat. We did that when I was a kid. Dad grew up with nothing. House was small a dump according to which one he lived in. Clothes was very few. Food was very little. And to many brothers and sisters. With very little food.o_O When he first started a family money was not there. He worked his self to death. :rolleyes:

Then got in church and paid the tithe. Then we went out to eat a lot. With the church friends too. We got a better house and all. He bought me 2 toys a week. I thought I was rich. I had every happy meal toy. We ate at all you can eat places, Wendy's Burger King, and other places. We loved it. He did too because the way he grew up. So he made sure I had food, clothes, and things he never had. He had growing up 3 pair of shorts, and 1 pair of jeans in high school. Rats in the house. 1 bit hi on his arm once when he was a teen. My mom said at one Christmas party you could see the rats in the ceiling. And they were destroying the whole house.

My grandmother married a nice man. Dad did not like that so I was told. He lived with his sister 1 year. Why? Who knows? His dad we got to meet him a few times before he died. He was the first ever man in the work house. And to get sent there. He told us that. Grandmother after she got married again had a great life. My step grandfather was a trash man. Worked for the city. And great money. A good man.

My point is going out to eat is a big thing to me. And I have always enjoyed it.;)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    ZackyDog likes this.
  14. new6659

new6659 Country Gent

Good for you, Roy! I thought of you often today. Hang in there and enjoy something good to eat:)

15. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I don’t generally get constipated and if I notice just one day where there is no movement I eat some habanero beef sticks and maybe some fried cabbage in sesame oil. Of let me tell you things will move! Just think of passing lava.

16. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

ZackyDog likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice