I was in hospital the past two days, i thought i was a goner! message to all...

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by GOOBALL JEFF, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Jeff67

Jeff67 Gretschie

Nov 3, 2019
    Crockett, Texas
    Glad you're feeling better!

GOOBALL JEFF likes this.
  2. Jelly Roll Horton

Jelly Roll Horton Synchromatic

Nov 10, 2017
    Portland, OR
    Still a rocker, though.

GOOBALL JEFF and r0de0 like this.
  3. r0de0

r0de0 Gretschie

Jul 7, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    I'm a Mocker <courtesy of Ringo Starr>

4. Get well. I hope your recovery is complete

GOOBALL JEFF likes this.
  5. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    ahhh yes! The emergency gallbladder surgery!! Welcome to the club, I thought I was having a heart attack. Turned out that my gallbladder was so full of stones it had quit and turned black. Yep that is what you get when you want to eat cr#p and think you deserve it. Actually yes you do deserve what you get in my case. I ate fast food almost every other day for lunch, I ate donuts and drank tons of coffee, consumed tons of bbq and ate doritos at 11pm in the evening watching television. Let my weight get to 205lbs at 5'8" on a light frame... anyway, new life now at 171lbs and pretty much vegetarian, gluten and dairy free. I walk every night and lift weights. I'm not having any more surgeries or puking blood and water while crawling around on the carpet in circles crying out for God to kill me. Ive since found out that this kind of attack from gall bladder disease is more painful than childbirth and this is testimony from several women who've given birth and who've had gallstones leading to gallbladder removal.

r0de0, T Bone and GOOBALL JEFF like this.
  6. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Well that's no fun. Hope you feel better soon!

GOOBALL JEFF likes this.
  7. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Glad you're doing well friend

GOOBALL JEFF likes this.
  8. DennisC

DennisC Gretschie

May 11, 2017
    Germany
    Ah ... they removed mine, too, but it wasn't an emergency, it was a planned surgerey.

Had to start complaining about health-sh*t at 29, planned on doing not before at least 60... They may have f'ed up something (they pierced my liver and didn't tell me until I wondered about low Hemoglobin afterwards - didn't want to give me the report about the surgery, said it was "for my doctor" ... + a few other things making me doubt I chose the best hospital in town), or it's just bad luck - eating sucks now. They told me 98 % wouldn't have problems afterwards ... I'm a two-percenter here. Lost about 10 kg in the first three months after - which wasn't that nice ... 52 kg isn't enough for 183 cm.

Avoid excessive fat (the less liquid it is, the better), increase fibres (without these first, I can't eat anything near enough - psyllium envelopes ... ? ... are they called so...? Flohsamenschalen in german ... these work best), I guess the MDs already told you something along these lines , but anyway ...

... get well soon!

GOOBALL JEFF likes this.
  9. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
    Wishing you a speedy recovery...

GOOBALL JEFF likes this.
  10. Robbie

Robbie Country Gent

Jun 17, 2013
    Sarnia Ontario Canada
    Feel better

GOOBALL JEFF likes this.
  11. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Took me 4 or 5 times, the last time took, been like two years! You can do it man. Now drinking...........eh

GOOBALL JEFF likes this.
  12. GOOBALL JEFF

GOOBALL JEFF Gretschie

Oct 1, 2019
    london
    wow you sound a lot like me with the doritos at 11pm and donuts. i used to be painfully skinny a few years ago but then i started eating a lot more when i moved in with my girlfriend, i have put a lot more weight on but just because i look healthy doesn't mean its the right kind of healthy, it's the bad fat! thank you buddy

13. GOOBALL JEFF

GOOBALL JEFF Gretschie

Oct 1, 2019
    london
    yes fibre! apples are good too. i must avoid the fatty stuff which is what i used to live on, it's going to be tough but i wanna live and i don't ever want to feel like that again!

14. GOOBALL JEFF

GOOBALL JEFF Gretschie

Oct 1, 2019
    london
    yeah i will do it! i wont have the time soon when the baby comes so that is a blessing

wildeman and T Bone like this.
  15. GOOBALL JEFF

GOOBALL JEFF Gretschie

Oct 1, 2019
    london
    thanks to all for the kind words! i would have not got anywhere near the amount of well wishers on any other forum. this forum is full of decent people! so take care eat well live well and hopefully play well.

16. GoLeafsGo

GoLeafsGo Synchromatic

May 1, 2014
    Whitby Ontario
    I have told my kids they each owe me three years of changing diapers. That should take care of nine years of incontinence.

new6659 and GOOBALL JEFF like this.
  17. Todd2

Todd2 Electromatic

Nov 6, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    Yep life is like a roller coaster ride wait wait wait and then the ride is over before you know it

GOOBALL JEFF likes this.
  18. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    All the best with the recovery Jeff!

GOOBALL JEFF likes this.
  19. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    I really whish that you will recover fast.
    I did a lot of bad things t0 my body, too. Still smoking, still drinking too much alcohol...

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    GOOBALL JEFF likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice