I want to add a Strat Pickup to the middle position of my Custom T Armond's guitar

Discussion in 'Technical Side of Things' started by motw, Feb 8, 2020.

1. motw

motw Electromatic

Jun 14, 2018
    CHile
    I do like both positions, the neck is just outstanding. I started this whole thread because it is very cheap to try this. I just want to keep modifing this guitar to get more out of it and experiment. I wanted to try some of the strat sound because it is the only sound I am willing to experiment with.

That is what I am going to do. It's just an experiment, a cheap one.

It is tempting, it seems that 4th position would sound great. I'll try this cheaper plan first. I am just curious of the blend. Now I am getting 1meg pots for my T Armonds, It should make it brighted but still kepping that great tone.

My concern at the moment is output match and cancellation, I am decided on the strat pickup to mix.

Thanks for the reply

2. motw

motw Electromatic

Jun 14, 2018
    CHile
    HI, finally I've decided to sell the T Armonds and get a Strat pickup pack, I like the Armonds but not enoght to serve all the purposes.

Thanks!

Bertotti likes this.
  3. motw

motw Electromatic

Jun 14, 2018
    CHile
    Hi I've finally recognized to myself that the T Armonds didn't really do it for me. I will sell these and get a Strat pack on my guitar. Thanks for the help

4. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Which ones are you looking at.

5. motw

motw Electromatic

Jun 14, 2018
    CHile
    I've decided to get the Pure Vintage 65' . I got ones very cheap and I have to pay the luthier for the job.

Bertotti likes this.
  6. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Nice! But I am biased I just like single coils. I like the TArmonds also and Hilos but for what you are wanting this will probably be a better route. You do have me jonesing for a three T guitar though.

7. motw

motw Electromatic

Jun 14, 2018
    CHile
    I never heard of Hilos. My luthier suggested the same regarding a third TA, it's just too risky and too expensive. I am missing clarity and definition in the highs and mids and from what I've heard of the pure vintage 65 those are the ones for my goal sound. I tried too hard to like the TA, mainly because they look so good on the guitar, as superficial as that sounds.

8. TubeLife

TubeLife Electromatic

Jan 23, 2020
    Chicagoland
    I have the Pure Vintage 65’s in an America fsr Natural Strat and preferred them over the CS 69’s, and they’re cheaper!

9. motw

motw Electromatic

Jun 14, 2018
    CHile
    I like the sound, a lot of definition and right amount of bass mids and treble for me. Hope these work well on my custom guitar...

10. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I wouldn't worry about the look of the strat pups too much, you can pull the covers and doctor them up to suit your tastes if you want to.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice