I thought this would be easier

Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by Pop1655, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Blaker55

Blaker55 Electromatic

Feb 9, 2019
    Minnesota
    I'm pretty sure I looked at that one on Reverb... and seriously considered it, but went with a new one instead. Never bought from Reverb before. I'm sure the transaction would be fine but back in my one remaining memory cell, I seem to remember someone in a forum somewhere had a bad experience, which can happen anywhere online or in brick and mortar. So, having had a good experience in the past with the Sweetwater... I went back there.
    Soooooooo. If'n you got the green one, that I really like.... and I got the orange one, that you considered.... Maybe we set up a rotation? Just kidding. Wishing you good shopping and shipping on the new green girl.

section2 likes this.
  2. Pop1655

Pop1655 Electromatic

Feb 9, 2019
    Texas Hill Country
    lol @Blaker55 I'm telling you, I had zero intention of doing that. I was just cruising. I actually had a trade working on a 5120 I was looking at hard to dip my toe in. Thought about heading to GC to see what happened and play the trade as a fall back. Sometimes my right index finger has uncontrollable impulses I'm not aware of at the time. I agree with your thoughts. I'll feel much better when the truck gets here. I bet the weather up there doesn't do me any favors. I probably will be sweating by the time it finally shows.

section2 likes this.
  3. Pop1655

Pop1655 Electromatic

Feb 9, 2019
    Texas Hill Country
    There’s a box headed my way. Not sure what’s in it, but something’s coming. Typical of my life, looks like it’ll get here about 30 minutes before I leave town for a 3 day conference.

section2 likes this.
  4. Pop1655

Pop1655 Electromatic

Feb 9, 2019
    Texas Hill Country
    Great news on two fronts!!!
    1. It’s here!! It’s gorgeous. First quick glance, it looks perfect.
    2. She’s already seen it and I’m pretty sure I get to sleep inside tonight anyway! :)

NGD after its first run later.

Thanks again for all the help.

section2 and CaliforniaSlim like this.
  5. longknives

longknives Electromatic

Dec 10, 2018
    San Joaquin Valley
    Very nice guitar, your 2 fer 2 can't argue with that!

Pop1655 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice