Join Gretsch-Talk Today

I need a new car more than a new guitar!

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by audept, Feb 8, 2018.

1. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    You could also just buy the couch......
    59-cadillac-car-sofa.jpg

MikeyUK and Mal Belford like this.
  2. hcsterg

hcsterg Country Gent

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    Ha ! Yes... Well... No : never in the world my gentle wife would accept this in the living room :eek::D

A+!

G DynaTron and audept like this.
  3. Ian Jordan

Ian Jordan Electromatic

Oct 14, 2012
    Coggeshall England
    Where are these made please? They look awesome.

4. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
  5. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    I got a good friend that is not only a very busy and cool guy but he is quite wealthy, too.
    He does not show his money and acts very sensible and modest considering his serious means.
    He drove a 20 year-old Mercedes Benz for more then 500.000 kilometers and told me that he would have no problem to take a trip to Italy with it, still. It was such a reliable machine.
    Because there were some bigger repairs in the waiting it was economically not sensible to keep it anymore.
    He sold it for 800 EUR and bought a big ca. 15 year old Volvo last week for which he paid EUR 1.200,-.
    He said that the new car is such a heavy-duty machine that he would expect it to run for at least for 5 years to come without any problems.
    Last week I got my new corporate car. A shiny 45 K EUR Mercedes Benz C class limousine. Quite a wonderful car but I really doubt that it will last nearly as long as those old dinosaurs do because of the silly ammounts of crazy electronics built into it. (In fact you can parallel park it automatically and such things.)

You cannot repair a contemporary car without a laptop and a degree in electronics anymore. And I am sure that they will not provide the spares on those for more then 15 year to come.

6. MarkyMac

MarkyMac Gretschie

7. wvincagold

wvincagold Gretschie

Jan 4, 2018
    US
    Could not agree more. I am saving to buy a new Indian Motorcycle. I thought about getting a roadmaster or chieftain. But when they went to the new ride command which looks awesone by the way but It got me thinking I have to replace my laptops at maximum every 5 years or earlier and cell phone has never lasted more than 3. Knowing that why would want that on a motorcycle? My 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee has had the computer replaced 3 years into owning it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

loudnlousy likes this.
  8. MikeyUK

MikeyUK Gretschie

Dec 15, 2016
    Rochdale, GB
    Very true - I know a guy whose indicator was faulty on his 5 series BMW. He went for a new bulb - no can do it's an LED. you have to buy the whole unit £350!!!

loudnlousy likes this.
  9. MikeyUK

MikeyUK Gretschie

Dec 15, 2016
    Rochdale, GB
    Oh and congrats on the new car audept. I also drive a BMW, so good choice. My next car will also be a BMW. But I do signal, just after I look in my mirror, and just before I manouvre

Ian Jordan and audept like this.
  10. hcsterg

hcsterg Country Gent

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    I think that the new goal for cars is not "forever lasting", but "maximum recycling" - at least, I hope so...

A+!

11. pilgrim

pilgrim Country Gent

Jun 15, 2010
    Mississippi
    You are right, I went to the Porsche dealer in Nashville and bought a 912

12. stevo

stevo Country Gent

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    No. Really? Do share - if I drive down to your place, can I at least sit in it?

13. Ian Jordan

Ian Jordan Electromatic

Oct 14, 2012
    Coggeshall England
    I wish we had more of you down South Mike. I drove my daughter and her friend to Colchester today, my daughters friends Mum and Dad both drive an Audi, and she enquired what the strange ticking noise was coming from the dashboard. It may be the owners of German cars in general.

14. Henry

Henry Friend of Fred

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Me too. My favorite signal is the middle finger, what's yours?

15. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    On my way to work in traffic this morning I noticed the car behind me was being driven erratically, wandering out of the lane, getting left behind then suddenly speeding up and almost crashing in to me. The driver was a middle aged woman, not looking where she was going, putting on her makeup in the rearview mirror and sending texts on her phone sitting in her lap!

16. wabash slim

wabash slim Country Gent

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    I saw some great bumper stickers: "Warning! I drive like you do." and, "Watch out for the person behind me."

Henry likes this.
  17. Synchro

Synchro As spoken about at Wildwood Guitars. :) Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson, AZ
    Admin Post
    Horn broken, watch for finger. :)

18. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Oh she will meet with karma and go full frontal some day. Probably taking out a school mum and one or two kids, but hey... at least she managed to put her make up on.