Join Gretsch-Talk Today

I need a new car more than a new guitar!

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by audept, Feb 8, 2018.

1. russmack

russmack Country Gent

May 1, 2017
    ballina australia
    No more pedals?

Come on, you'll be unable to resist. lol

Russ

audept likes this.
  2. russmack

russmack Country Gent

May 1, 2017
    ballina australia
    PFFTX!

That's my version of the sound of strangled laughter.

Thanks Slim.

3. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Can't argue with that deal.

audept likes this.
  4. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    just make sure it's a " chick magnet "

5. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    For a chick magnet I would have gone for the open-top roadster and the BMW designer sunglasses.
    The people looking at those cars in the dealerships looked like oil sheiks, drug-dealers or fat balding old men having a mid-life crisis. :eek::eek::eek:

thunder58 likes this.
  6. heinzman

heinzman Gretschie

By the way... I thought I come from the land of automobile aficionados !!! The country with the most modern cars....the Autobahn...VW, BMW, Audi,Mercedes....

No way, Australia is much, much more automobile crazy !!!!!
    From 100 cars I saw, where less than 10 older than 8 years !!!!! Lots of AMG`s and M-Series... so crazy and all of them on the wrong side ! So many with more than 6 Cylinders...:eek:

audept likes this.
  7. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    I’d start by putting a Compton on, then swap out the pickups. Probably upgrade the switch tip too!

8. LongJohn

LongJohn Gretschie

Apr 22, 2016
    Queens, NY
    I need a new car more than a new guitar!
    You need to get together with Brad Paisley and start working together on his next hit song. :cool:

audept likes this.
  9. musicman100

musicman100 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2008
    england
    My heart bleeds for you, first world problems. Ha ha ha.
    Nice car n enjoy mate.

Try driving an 06 Nissan micra. Ha ha ha.
    My mates think I'm crazing having the collection of guitars I have n then driving a few pound banger. Ha ha ha

audept likes this.
  10. JHall55

JHall55 Country Gent

Dec 18, 2012
    Ontario
    Nice ride Audept! My 02 Civic has a few years left on her I hope. She's not worth a dime, I'd guess even my least expensive guitars would fetch more on the used market. Scratch that, most of my pedals would get more...Rusty cars and nice guitars!

audept likes this.
  11. Ian Jordan

Ian Jordan Electromatic

Oct 14, 2012
    Coggeshall England
    Does your new Beemer come with an indicator stalk on the steering column? In the UK, BMW's only put those on as an optional extra, as on our roads BMW drivers don't need to use the indicators to let other drivers know their intentions to change lanes or turn left and right.

At least you don't need to buy a case for the BMW.

RomanS, russmack and wabash slim like this.
  12. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    What's the difference between a porcupine and a BMW?

On a Beemer, the *****'s on the inside.

13. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Congrats ,lovely car sir!

I too ,am looking at changing my car,my aul 1999 Focus is costing me ,in the last year and half i've spent more than it's worth,and just recently put in a new battery,and coil pack,oh and £245 for road tax ! That in it's self is half the value of the car!
    And now,its developed a leak in the boot/trunk ...2 inches of water in the spare wheel well,i just don't have the heart,or back, for stripping it out to find it,just want rid tbh.:mad:

I'm looking at 6 to 7 year old motors,i'm a cash buyer though ,no finance for me than you.

audept likes this.
  14. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    :D:D:D

15. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    My problem is that the trunk of european automobiles is regulary to small for even a Marshall 1960B box. Even on a luxury car as my corporate -car Mercedes-Benz. Whoever designed that. He was no guitarist for sure.

16. pilgrim

pilgrim Country Gent

Jun 15, 2010
    Mississippi
    Audept you know I have a lot of respect for you. I think you know how many guitars I have. My 2007 Camry has 31000 miles and my 2005 Ford F-150 just rolled past 30000. Bought them both new. That's why I have my guitars.

audept likes this.
  17. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson, AZ
    Admin Post
    Too durned true, these days. :)

audept likes this.
  18. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    The best humor has the biting edge of underlying truth! ;)

19. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    I hear you, but I already have 23 pro-line Gretschs and another 10 assorted Gibsons, Fenders, and Maton guitars. I struggle to give them all playing time as it is.

pilgrim likes this.
  20. hcsterg

hcsterg Country Gent

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    Oh, I'd like to buy this car, exactly :cool:... Just to carry my amps and guitars for reharsals and concerts :eek::confused:o_O...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well... It's a matter of money, as usual - just dream, boy :(:rolleyes: !

Nonetheless, that 1956 DeSoto Firedome Station Wagon gives me ideas for a guitar and an amp project...

But I will have to go for a much cheaper car - maybe a 2nd hand small Peugeot 2008 SUV :

[​IMG]

Well, Audept...

IMHO, the best and cheapest (and very truly utopic) solution for a car... is not to have any - conversely to guitars ! :D

In France, BMW, Mercedes and Audi are usually considered as premium cars mostly by drug dealers, escrows, selfish individualists, show-off sheerleaders, scroungers, profiteers, retired wealthy idiots... Unlike guitars ! ;)

That's why I have no great consideration for cars... Unless they are vintage and fancy/tasty, that is to say a result of a passion - like guitars ! Anyway, I prefer such cars in picture than in my garage, unless I was a millionnaire to own and have them serviced with all the requested knowledge and care, et encore, même pas sûr...

A+!

RomanS, peterjcb and audept like this.