Join Gretsch-Talk Today

I Just Want To Write ...

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by drmilktruck, Dec 6, 2017.

1. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Friend of Fred

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    ... how much I appreciate Gretsch-Talk. As I've frequently said to new members, it really is the "friendliest guitar forum on the inter web."

Nice, knowledgeable, helpful folks; very welcoming to newcomers. Not that we don't have our disagreements but generally they don't turn into major kerfuffles that hurt people's feelings and drive people away. (Synchro's moderatorial hand plays a role in ensuring that.)

Again, thank you to everyone here for making it a great place for all Gretsch lovers.

:):):)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  2. MTurner

MTurner Friend of Fred

Aug 17, 2010
    Clayton, North Carolina, USA
    Thanks to you, Jim, for being one of the forum’s major good guys.

3. wabash slim

wabash slim Country Gent

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    It's an oasis of civility in an internet ocean of insanity.

4. Wulfgang

Wulfgang Synchromatic

May 22, 2009
    Seattle WA./Omaha NE
    When I fist joined this site ages ago I was a little apprehensive to make posts due to my lack of knowing anything about gretsch guitars other than knowing I always wanted one as a teenager.
    Any concerns about fitting in soon disappeared as everyone was very helpful, patient and in some cases even meet them in real life.

I haven't really been around much in the past few years and now currently experiencing a really dark time in my personal life.While some of the oldgang is gone or haven't logged on in awhile I always appreciated getting to know everyone. Sometimes a post would be about health, relationship problems, divorce , band break up's or the passing on of a loved one. You got to know people here and I loved the feeling of community.

They say artists, musicians and poets are a sensitive lot and perhaps it's true.Besides being a great site with a wealth of info we all know there are alot of up's & downs to our passion of performing music for ourselves and others. This is a site to share good times as well as bad times, music is a good healer.

5. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Country Gent

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    I am honoured to know you, Jim.
    And I really enjoy the company with all the good folks here.

drmilktruck, LivingMyDream and audept like this.
  6. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Country Gent

Jan 19, 2012
    Maldon UK
    I hang on a few forums, but find this one consistently well mannered and mostly self moderating. I 'd like to see more drinks with umbrellas awarded though.

7. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    This is my favorite place, full of my favorite people. Jim you are one of the most helpful people on the forum, thanks so much!

8. hogrider16

hogrider16 Electromatic

Oct 18, 2017
    charles town wv
    +1

I'm on a couple of other forums and it sometimes seems that people are trolling for something to get offended and angry about.

Of course, much of the civility needs to be attributed to the fact that it's just a better class of people that own a Gretsch! :D

Roger49, Waxhead, thunder58 and 4 others like this.
  9. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

Thanks for starting this thread Jim, and it's very like you to do so.

I, too, feel very blessed to have found this forum. I'm relatively new to Gretsch guitars, and no one has ever made me feel like I didn't matter here because I'm a Gretsch newbie. I'm excited about what I've learned here, the friends that I feel I've made here - the coolest part being that some of them are on the other side of the world from me - and most of all I am thankful for the knowledge that has been give to me while I've been here. As I carry that knowledge forward, I'll do my best not to mess it up. :oops:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    Waxhead, thunder58 and drmilktruck like this.
  10. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Friend of Fred

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    I'm sorry to hear you're struggling, wulfgang. Hopefully we can help in even a small way.

Wulfgang likes this.
  11. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
    Agreed it’s a really cool place to hang out!
    I got my first Gretsch in 2014.
    I knew nothing about Gretsch guitars other than they look beautiful & sound awesome.
    I’ve learned lots from this forum.
    I know it all now lol ;)

Mag3, drmilktruck, Roger49 and 3 others like this.
  12. Gretschman2

Gretschman2 Country Gent

Apr 8, 2013
    Enetai, WA
    Although most, if not all I needed to know about my particular Gretsch models and supporting gear have long been answered, I enjoy welcoming new members and helping out others whenever I can with the knowledge I've gained to this point. I also enjoy participating in the many off topics that come up in addition. I do my best to never utter a cross word about anything, or anyone. You Jim, provided and continue to serve as a model for me to follow with this type of thinking. KUDOS to you for the inspiration !! :)

drmilktruck and thunder58 like this.
  13. NJDevil

NJDevil Gretschie

Jul 9, 2014
    Commack, NY
    But wouldn't you rather go to the Les Paul site and read the same posts that complain about Gibson quality and swear they'll never get another? o_O;)

14. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Thanks for the thread Jim . I too love this place and all the members on it , new and old . I've had the pleasure of meeting a few members here . I'v met and become good friends with @DrumBob , @larryb , @Martin82 , @fraz ,and @LA Miles . So many other members here much like yourself @drmilktruck I would like to meet and have a cold one or coffee with . And weather there " across the pond " or in the " land down under " , would love to met them too . And just think @englishman is visiting NYC right now and that's a stone throw of a ride for me but I know he's pressed for time ( next time ) I also really enjoy being friends on FaceBook with some of you too . So go ahead G-T friends , " friend me " ( PM me first ) :)
    P.S. Hey gang , don't think I'm kidding about meeting sometime in Nazareth , Pa. and we'll all take the Martin Factory Tour . It's be the first of it's kind , a Martin / Gretsch roundup at the hotel too . It'll be a great weekend . Thinking spring time .

15. Les PaltaX

Les PaltaX Gretschie

Nov 8, 2017
    Chile
    This is, by far, the best music forum I-ve ever been in... Very welcoming and comprehensive place. Very useful and a small, but cool community.
    Thank you all for this month I've been here! There's no way I'm leaving soon

drmilktruck and Waxhead like this.
  16. Henry

Henry Friend of Fred

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Absolutely agree. Some great folk here. Like many, I arrived with a basic question that was answered, but the friendliness drew me in.

One person's civility and decency is another's politically correct. ;)

Waxhead likes this.
  17. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    I love this place.

drmilktruck likes this.
  18. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    This place is my home away. Great people and great guitars. Some of you have become close friends but all of you are very cool people.

drmilktruck likes this.
  19. Wulfgang

Wulfgang Synchromatic

May 22, 2009
    Seattle WA./Omaha NE
    Thank you so much! It's been a very rough few months..Between mid life crisis, ptsd, poor decision making, mourning the passing of multiple people I knew, losing everything and being alone after 12 years ..Well it's proving to be a challenge especially this time of year.

drmilktruck, loudnlousy and russmack like this.
  20. Robbie

Robbie Country Gent

Jun 17, 2013
    Sarnia Ontario Canada
    This is a wonderful place that I get to visit every day. PLUS, I got to meet and become friends with Tony 65X55 because of this site, now that's a Bonus!!

drmilktruck likes this.