I Am in Awe of the Dyno Brain!

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by LivingMyDream, Mar 11, 2019.

1. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

Well, after looking around the internet for a used Dyno Brain, and finding none, I figured they must be exactly what everyone says they are around here . . . a great, always on, preamp pedal. When I saw BorderRadio's thread with his Dyno Brain for sale, I jumped right on it. First, let me say that BorderRadio was very good to deal with, the pedal was well packed, it got here fast, as is in excellent condition. Unfortunately, I didn't get to put it through it's paces right away, because I had some pastoral work to take care of that kept me busy through the weekend.

Yesterday evening, I plugged my Tennessee Rose into the Dyno Brain, and then into my Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue. Wow! That's all I could think as I heard the sound, and I hadn't even started tweaking the knobs - both knobs at 12:00. The clarity of notes was amazing. I have an Xotic EP Booster that I really liked, but the Dyno Brain is just a cut above. Today, I got a chance to try it out with a couple of Strats, and an Ibanez AM93 semi-hollow, alternating between the Fender amp, and a Vox AC10. Again, it was amazing! The bell-like tones of the Strat were clear and present, as were the lower tones. Again, I love the clarity that the Dyno Brain brings to my sound. The other thing that I noticed in addition to the clarity was how the lower end tightened up nicely on the Fender amp. Also, the Deluxe Reverb Reissue is known to become a little shrill on the top on, but the Dyno Brain seems to have brought that under control, as well.

This Dyno Brain is exactly what I've been searching for, even though I didn't know it until I got it. Thanks again to @BorderRadio, and a tip of the cap to @TV the Wired Turtle (Tavo), as well

2. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Exactly! I have the Mystery Brain but almost chased that one myself. I am working on two boards and have an RC Booster which I always used as my always on, it still sounds good but compared to the MB it is two steps above easily. I would still recommend the RC for the price point and even a price point or two above but if you're looking for the best of the best its Tavo's Brains Pedals.

Congrats on the Dyno Brain!

I see an Atomic Brain for sale here now as well.

LivingMyDream and Merc like this.
  3. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Congrats!
    Like you, i was using an xotic EP booster, and loved it.
    Then I got a brain!
    I have an atomic brain, and it’s on all of the time!
    Now my EP boost is off my board, in a box, and I’m selling it to a friend of mine.
    Still a great pedal, but the brain does more for my tone than the ep ever did. I love that there’s a bass cut knob.

4. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Once you have a brain it's impossible to live without it!

5. Merc

Merc Synchromatic

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Congratulations and welcome to the Nocturne club. I agree, a brain really is all that. It’s a home run of a pedal to me. I plan to never let mine go.

Bertotti and LivingMyDream like this.
  6. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Stop that you guys...I don't want Tavo gloating over me.

7. LivingMyDream

LOL Audept will be here all week folks!

pmac11, Freshy and audept like this.
  8. CaliforniaSlim

CaliforniaSlim Gretschie

Jul 21, 2016
    Congrats Dream! Dyno Brain really is a tone game changer. Mine is an always on pedal too.

LivingMyDream likes this.
  9. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Congrats! I would love to try a Dyno some day, I usually forgo the Abby switch on my Mystery and Atomic Brains most of the time anyway.

10. nickurso

nickurso Friend of Fred

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Nocturne products. It was a game changer for me. Now I use Nocturne gear almost exclusively

11. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    Best thing that ever happened to my tone. For sure.

I will NEVER be without one.

nickurso and LivingMyDream like this.
  12. giffenf

giffenf Synchromatic

Oct 26, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Don't worry about it. Nothing will stop him from doing that.:D

13. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Congrats! Now I'm gassing for a Brain. Call me Scarecrow...

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

LivingMyDream and CaliforniaSlim like this.
  14. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Lol perfect

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Bertotti likes this.
  15. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Great show.

pmac11 likes this.
  16. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    I'm not sure I know what that is.. a glowing goat of sorts? I kinda look like that in winter after getting out of the shower.

Lionpotato and LivingMyDream like this.
  17. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    Glad that it does something very good for you, friend.

18. LivingMyDream

I have gone through plugging most of my electrics into the Dyno Brain now, and there isn't a single one that hasn't benefited from this pedal. Now I'm really curious about what it might do with an acoustic-electric. I guess that will have to take place on Friday. The next couple of days are going to be very busy for me. This pastoring can really cut into my playing time. :rolleyes:

Lionpotato, pmac11 and cqscqs like this.
  19. Gewdkharma

Gewdkharma Electromatic

Jan 14, 2018
    Winter Haven, FL
    I recently bought a Dynobrain and I have to agree, this pedal sounds fantastic. Absolutely no negatives about it

Merc and LivingMyDream like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice