How much is a beer.....

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by markeebee, Jul 18, 2019.

1. markeebee

markeebee Country Gent

....where you are?

Just thought it would interesting and kinda fun. How much is a 330ml or 12oz bottle of local brew at the bar nearest your home?

In order to get some perspective, let's convert to a common currency. I suggest Indian Rupees.

So.....

Brighton, UK - 4.65 GB Pounds / 400 Rupees

kt66 likes this.
  2. Chris MC

Chris MC Gretschie

Oct 27, 2014
    Orange, Aus
    In Kalgoorlie, a pint of Little Creatures IPA in a pub is 14 bucks, or 680 rupees. Its pretty much the dearest pub tap beer I have found in Australia. Prices vary a lot from regional areas to cities and state by state. NSW has many clubs with favourable treatment under the liquor laws where a schooner is much cheaper than that, and a little cheaper than the same schooner in a pub. Take aways and happy hours different again.

3. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Friend of Fred

Jan 19, 2012
    Maldon UK
    Maldon, the home of two microbreweries. Premium pint, rolled on the thigh of a 21 year old Cuban virgin, about £3.50

drmilktruck likes this.
  4. Uncle Daddy

Jan 19, 2012
    Maldon UK

I can get it cheaper in the Conservative club, but I don't hate myself that much.

5. Uncle Daddy

Jan 19, 2012
    Maldon UK
    https://untappd.com/b/packinghouse-brewing-co-hipster-piss/635072

6. markeebee

markeebee Country Gent

What's a schooner?

7. Uncle Daddy

Jan 19, 2012
    Maldon UK
    That's like 9 quid a pint! No wonder there's so many diggers in London!

8. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Including the tip, a 12 oz. bottle of quality suds is $5, Less if you buy a 6 pack. Craft beers will be higher, obviously. College student swill is cheaper.

9. Scooter127

Scooter127 Synchromatic

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    Here in North Georgia, it depends on the beer and where you go.

A Budweiser at the American Legion will set you back all of $2.75/189 Rupees

A Terrapin Hopsecutioner will set you back $7+/531R at a local fake Irish pub.

claypainter likes this.
  10. afire

afire Country Gent

A bottle of local beer in Wisconsin, something like a New Glarus Spotted Cow, usually runs about $3 or so.

11. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Closest big brewery to me Anhieser Busch, Budweiser= bout 4bux apiece in a bar. Tons of great microbrews in California though, prices are a bit higher. Beer is relatively cheap here.

12. Rock Lajoint

Rock Lajoint Gretschie

Nov 16, 2014
    Sussex, England
    In Brighton I drink Pravha lager. In the Welly it's 4.70 GBP BUT in the Eddy just up the road they have Happy Hour all weekdays up till 7 PM where it's 3.85 GBP or 332 Rupees.

At home here just outside Brighton I drink Kronenburg lager in the British Legion and it's 3.70 GBP a pint or 320 Rupees. A shot of the house Scotch in the Legion is 3.40 GBP (293 Rupees).

13. bluenote23

bluenote23 Country Gent

Oct 17, 2009
    Montreal, Canada
    I'm an old guy. When I first moved to London, a half pint in the Muswell Hill pub was 17 1/2p or 15 Rupees. Working man's prices.

I went out and had a a craft beer with a friend. Not pints, maybe a half litre? Cost me $22 Canadian with the tip, 1 161 Rupees.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    new6659 likes this.
  14. People still drink beer? Gin and tonic at the place around the corner, which is on a lake, during tourist season, $8 or 550.88 rupees

15. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    A officially licensed Heineken is exactly one buck. The real thing is 2 bucks I think... Unfortunately, I stopped drinking 8 years ago.

16. LA Miles

LA Miles Country Gent

Dec 6, 2012
    UPSTATE NY
    Can't beat that free healthcare ;)

MotorCentaur likes this.
  17. LA Miles

LA Miles Country Gent

Dec 6, 2012
    UPSTATE NY
    16oz pint of local brew which I like - $2 = 140 ruppees. Bottle of bud etc $3 bucks - foofoo bars and IPAs probably $6.

Cheers

18. MotorCentaur

MotorCentaur Gretschie

May 11, 2016
    Seattle
    Here in Seattle, a "micro"-brew draught will run you about $8+. For one beer.
    Washington State, King County, Seattle have intensely regressive tax policies. Seattle used to be a working class city, now it's playground for the rich. Everybody is getting priced out in a multitude of ways, especially rent (which also drives up beer prices).
    Just one more reason I drink at home. For 2 beers at a bar, I can have 12 at home and those will last me all week.
    With more time for guitar as a bonus.

Highroller likes this.
  19. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    I'd say beer starts around $4 for the cheapest.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice