how does one remove the saddles from a adjustomatic bridge with no retainer wire?

Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by GOOBALL JEFF, Feb 17, 2020.

1. GOOBALL JEFF

GOOBALL JEFF Gretschie

Oct 1, 2019
    london
    tittle says it all really, i need just a fraction more room to intonate the low e string. my bridge has no retainer wire, the saddles were put in so they must come out? to take them out i'm thinking it must be tiny circlips that would do the job right? i don't actually have the bridge to hand right now but last time i looked i could not see an easy way to remove the saddles. thanks 006-2704-000.jpg

2. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    I think it varies per brand, but some will just screw out if you keep at it.

GOOBALL JEFF and new6659 like this.
  3. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Are your saddles turned like in the pic? Where will you get more adjustment?

GOOBALL JEFF likes this.
  4. GOOBALL JEFF

GOOBALL JEFF Gretschie

Oct 1, 2019
    london
    from the bass strings, the saddles turned will give me a little more intonation no?

5. GOOBALL JEFF

GOOBALL JEFF Gretschie

Oct 1, 2019
    london
    i tried that threading the screws a bit, there seems to be tiny black clips if you can see in the pic? they must be circlips?

6. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Ah, I thought that was a reflection(Looking on my iPhone). If they’re circlips you may need very small circlip pliers.

GOOBALL JEFF likes this.
  7. Gregor

Gregor Gretschie

Oct 17, 2018
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Yep, C clip needs to be removed and the saddle reversed...a bit of a pain to get the clips off but it can be done. If this is a floating bridge however, just move the bridge.

GOOBALL JEFF likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice