How do you pedal? Front & Back or just Front?

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by Charlie westside, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Tangent here, but I was reading that, if people continue to actually drive rather than just ride in, cars and with regenerative brakes and electric cars becoming more common, that there may be a slow shift to a single pedal for gas and brake. It is already done on a couple cars but not widelyavailable, but supposedly intuitive and much more efficient than jumping between pedals. If you're interested: https://www.economist.com/science-and-technology/2019/02/16/one-pedal-driving-in-electric-cars

2. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Anymore, in the US, a clutch is an anti theft device.

Charlie westside likes this.
  3. new6659

new6659 Gretschie

Dec 10, 2018
    Southwestern Ontario
    Your use of the word "Anymore" in that sentence might suggest that you reside in rural southwestern Ontario somewhere between Brantford and London (although I know you don't).

4. wabash slim

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Last time I was in Ontario, I was mistaken for a native a few times. Nice to know that I blend in. Spent a few months in Hamilton as a kid off and on, but that was 60 years ago. I grew up in the Great Lakes area. My Dad worked for Studebaker way back when, and we'd go up on occasion when they set up the plant for new models. I still like vinegar on fries, or poutine, and LaBatts.

Charlie westside and new6659 like this.
  5. new6659

new6659 Gretschie

Dec 10, 2018
    Southwestern Ontario
    I had a neighbour who was from Hamilton that told me when Studebaker went out of business a lot of the employees got cars as part of the pay off - new Studebakers were commonly seen on the city's streets for some time. Not far from here someone owns a white Avanti which sometimes appears in local parades.

Charlie westside and wabash slim like this.
  6. new6659

new6659 Gretschie

Dec 10, 2018
    Southwestern Ontario
    Come to think about it - Studebaker was to cars a bit like Gretsch is to guitars. That Avanti was very sleek!

Charlie westside and wabash slim like this.
  7. wabash slim

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    I grew up in South Bend IN, home of Studebaker, about 15 miles due East of Lake Michigan. You can still see some Studes rolling around there. Check the museum out if you ever get the chance. I worked in the old Stude plant for a year to help pay for college. I'd love an Avanti, or a mid '50s Hawk. I had a '59 Lark wagon (true Bluesmobile---ex-sheriff K9 car) and a '64 Gran Turismo Hawk. Tin worm got 'em, unfortunately. The Avanti, designed in '62, still looks fast today. They were nicer than Vettes at the time---4 seats and a trunk, and even quicker. They held 29 speed records at Bonneville, then broke some of their own records 30 years later.

8. Highroller

Highroller Gretschie

Jun 11, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Man, I'd love to have an old Studebaker - those cars had style!

Anyway, I got rid of the one and only amp I ever had that had an effects loop, so by default more of an "in front" guy.

I dunno, never really heard that big a difference in the final sound coming out of the amp either way... sort of "what's the point?" kind of thing. But hey, that's just me - maybe I'm deaf! Ha! - ymmv.

9. wilblee

wilblee Synchromatic

May 23, 2013
    TX Hill Country
    Depends on what amp I’m using, how much setup time I have, if we’re using the club’s back line, etc. Mostly I run everything to the front. At home and at multi-day gigs I’ll use the loop on my LSS.

10. capnhiho

capnhiho Gretschie

Feb 16, 2013
    California
    You mean anachronisms?

Just kidding. I LOVES me some Gretsch! Lots of Gretsch!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice