Join Gretsch-Talk Today

Hot duet with Paul Pigat! Alot of Grez! My New Album -Track 1 Sneak Peak!

Discussion in 'Songs in the key of Gretsch' started by Rodney Gene, Mar 8, 2018.

1. LongJohn

LongJohn Gretschie

Apr 22, 2016
    Queens, NY
    Saturday morning, second coffee, third listen, off to practice minor scales. Please let us know when and where for cd purchase. Tango anyone? :D

panhead6zero likes this.
  2. Rodney Gene

Rodney Gene Synchromatic

Mar 30, 2014
    Austin Texas
    Thanks Mudshark! Will do, can't wait to share it with you! I had a few gigs (and a clinic) with Paul during the NAMM show week in LA and was consistently blown away by his skill! It was a pleasure to watch his musical depth and knowledge. When I got back to Texas I wrote this tune specifically to match our two styles (from a producers standpoint) for my album. It's the perfect opener!

Cheer LongJohn! Thanks man! You got it! Hey minor scale with an added major 7th! That's the scale! (I remember a couple years back when one of my teachers said that to me) It changed my whole game!

Mudshark likes this.
  3. Stefan

Stefan Country Gent

Jan 20, 2016
    Germany
    Hey Rodney,

is there a lot of GREZ stuff on the CD or GRETSCH stuff ;)??? We can also her Django pkups from Nick Silver? Can‘t wait for the release!

4. Rodney Gene

Rodney Gene Synchromatic

Mar 30, 2014
    Austin Texas
    Cheers Stefan...yes sir, all of the above. This track Paul is playing his Grez Nightingale he brought home from the NAMM shows (Fantastic resonant guitar! With TV Jones T-Armonds). But we got several Gretsch Tracks, Grez tracks, Dan Dunham, and indeed alot of Nick Silver on the record (Blue Moonlight and Django plus Gecko bass pickups) Nikos (Nick Silver) is winding me custom sets for my in-progress Grez hollowbody as well. Carr amps, Fender Amps, Elektra amp, AXE-FX, Free The Tone Effects, SSTE Tape delay, Junior Barnyard pedal... Alot of fun gear.

5. wildeman

wildeman Friend of Fred

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Can't wait to geek out to this one man!;)

Rodney Gene likes this.
  6. Rodney Gene

Rodney Gene Synchromatic

Mar 30, 2014
    Austin Texas
    Thanks Bud! I got some tabs and backing tracks with your name on it! Some of the musicians on the record are truly world class and the gear list and tones are phenomenal. Another session tomorrow with Collings I35, several tracks with TK smith gear/guitars (mine and 3 others). I'll post a few more clips by end of week!

wildeman and CatTones like this.
  7. Lacking Talent

Lacking Talent Synchromatic

Aug 5, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Very vibey clip, Rodney, really enjoyed it (as I did your Burbank, CA, gig back in January -- that blue Dunham of yours sounded great)!

8. RocknRollShakeUp

RocknRollShakeUp Gretschie

Jun 20, 2017
    USA
    I dig it! I'll be checking out the album when it comes out!

9. Rodney Gene

Rodney Gene Synchromatic

Mar 30, 2014
    Austin Texas
    Cheers bro, thank you! yeah, the Dunhams a favorite! I brought it because it is safe to fly with, such an old school guitar and huge unbreakable neck! Nothing like a 8 hour flight, 1 hour drive to hotel and then a 3 hour drive in LA traffic to get 30 miles away to the gig... 10 minutes before downbeat! The album is going to be really killer, can't wait to share it!

Grateful for the support brother! I look forward to gettin' it in your hands! (Or computer..lol!) RG

RocknRollShakeUp likes this.
  10. stevo

stevo Country Gent

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    That's wonderful - it's filling my desk space now.

Rodney Gene likes this.