Hospital

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by wabash slim, Mar 26, 2020.

1. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    I like fried bologna sammies, and ring bologna as well. Poor man's food. In tater salad, tho? I'd have to think about that.

Thass, Tony65x55 and dafreeze like this.
  2. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I don’t know bologna, a sandwich I did everything I could to cover the taste of it. I have no desire to eat any of it anymore. I would rather go back to Jarhead chow halls than eat it, unless it’s liver and onions. Yuck I’ll changed my mind I’ll take the bologna!

wabash slim and radd like this.
  3. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
  4. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I make mine with the sweet relish mixed in!

5. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    I just recently discovered polish pickles instead of my usual jewish bubby pickles I chop up. :) Much sweeter, but pickle relish thats realllly sweet. I gotta watch my sugar intake. I've gained freakin 7 lbs stressing over situations on the home front w this sheltering in edict across the land.

wabash slim likes this.
  6. afire

afire Country Gent

I've had a chance to experience that sensation lately too. In an alternate version of what could have happened to Mrs. Slim, my mom slipped on ice in her driveway three weeks ago, pulled a Charlie Brown and fractured the back of her skull and sustained a severe brain injury. They managed to get the swelling under control enough to avoid opening her skull up, but a side effect of that treatment (loading her full of sodium) was pulmonary edema, insufficient blood oxygen, and unpredictable blood pressure. It was really scary for a while. They got her physical condition under control, but there was definitely brain damage. For a couple of weeks, she was drifting in and out of coherence, often making almost no sense. But she was released a few days ago and is finally starting to sound like herself again. Still a little loopy, but the hope is she'll be back to baseline in another month or so.

And, like with your wife, the timing! It's unbelievable. She's had her occasional brushes with illness, but never a major injury and this is when it happens.

speedicut and wabash slim like this.
  7. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I've gained 6-7lbs as well. I started walking four days ago today I did 4.3 miles not counting the routine walking I do. Some of you probably don't have that option but being 20+ miles outside of a big town and five from our small town I can walk for hours and only see a couple cars.

Hope she is doing well.

wabash slim likes this.
  8. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Glad she's doing better. Slips and falls can be devastating.

9. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Damnit, you're giving me the munchies! Polish soul food! Most of our pickles are of the dill/garlic variety. At the store, look for Polski Gorky, Slavic Dill or Kosher Dill. My Dad always had a 5 gallon crock full of brine and dill and cucumbers on their way to becoming pickles. A lot of Polish cooking was desperation food made by poor people---doing the most with what you have---which applies to many folks. There were many Jewish folks in Poland, so we swapped recipes back and forth. One aspect tho was that Polish cooking wasn't Kosher.

10. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    We go through dill pickles in our house. I even put them on my grilled cheese. The only things that get sweet relish are hot dogs occasionally and tuna salad! Now dill pickle juice am I the only one who like to drink it?

Hows the wife today Wabash Slim?

wabash slim likes this.
  11. rocknroll

rocknroll Newbie

Apr 28, 2014
    Germany
    Hello Rocknroll, my best wishes for your wife.

wabash slim likes this.
  12. GretschAddict

GretschAddict Electromatic

Apr 17, 2009
    Phoenix, Arizona
    How about you send her a virtual hug by playing and recording a few songs and dropping them at the hospital for her to listen to in her room. I know I would live that and feel like my man was there with me. Prayers all works out financially, that you both remain healthy and she has 100% recovery.

wabash slim likes this.
  13. Gandamanitas

Gandamanitas Newbie

Mar 15, 2011
    Alcochete (Portugal)
    Be strong man. Best wishes and the happiest major chords for you and your wife

wabash slim and Ricochet like this.
  14. Moonbirds

Moonbirds Newbie

Aug 29, 2012
    Netherlands
    You’re in our prayers
    From the Netherlands, we wish you and your family all the best

15. Redduke

Redduke Electromatic

Oct 17, 2018
    France
    Sending love from France to you and your family.

wabash slim likes this.
  16. Poor mans pastrami sandwich. Little mayo and mustard. Like ET quipped, yum yum

Someone mentioned tater salad...my old alias...I’m thinking tater tots

Much rejoicing, not so Slim anymore (who is?), I don’t recall being more pleased reading the progress a thread on a forum than this one. Also very pleasing to me is that you're able to maintain your reputation as being tied with the funniest man on GT.

Great Big Giant long distance gentle dry six foot min distance hugs to you, MaryKay, her sister and yours.

wabash slim likes this.
  17. Polski Wyrobs...now typically labeled Polish Kosher Dill

And no kidding...last time I gained weight this quick was 12 years ago, during the first month ownership of my first big screen tv, (which is still going strong)

mrfixitmi and wabash slim like this.
  18. Duckwalk

Duckwalk Newbie

Mar 21, 2020
    France
    Prayers from Corsica island, we wish you all the best and a quick recovery.

wabash slim likes this.
  19. Rich Rice

Rich Rice Newbie

May 2, 2013
    Chicago
    All the best, that's a rough ride.

wabash slim likes this.
  20. Zimm

Zimm Electromatic

Dec 4, 2019
    Manhattan NY
    So sad. So much pain and heartache. Stay strong and this too shall pass

wabash slim likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice