Hospital

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by wabash slim, Mar 26, 2020.

1. DougWheeler74

DougWheeler74 Gretschie

Jul 10, 2019
    NE Wisconsin
    That has to very hard. My sister broke her neck a few years ago. I don't remember the vertebrae details. They put a cage around the area. (Internally) She is doing fine new and if she didn't tell you, you wouldn't know. Separation during a time like this is very difficult. Take time to cry, its ok. She will be ok and home soon.

wabash slim likes this.
  2. ruger9

ruger9 Country Gent

Nov 1, 2008
    NJ
    Prayers!!!! Oh my gosh!!!!

wabash slim likes this.
  3. stiv

stiv Country Gent

Sep 12, 2014
    Florence, Italy
    Sorry to hear this man. I hope that everything would end up well. I’m sending all the love I could, you guys will be in my thoughts.

wabash slim likes this.
  4. CatTones

CatTones Gretschie

Jul 28, 2017
    Boston
    Of course, God Bless your Wife and family, Sending Prayers !

wabash slim likes this.
  5. panhead6zero

panhead6zero Synchromatic

Jan 17, 2015
    The Motor City
    My Prayers are with you and MaryKay!

wabash slim likes this.
  6. stevo

stevo Friend of Fred

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    Oh my gosh - that's not good. I'm hoping you guys get this fixed properly and little to no long term effects.

wabash slim likes this.
  7. manunk

manunk Electromatic

Praying that the surgery, probably taking place now, goes well and all she'll need is a few weeks of therapy. Your love for each other will definitely help. May happy times come back, sooner than later.

wabash slim likes this.
  8. RG7X

RG7X Synchromatic

Nov 11, 2018
    Los Angeles
    It's sobering how precious life is... best wishes to you and the fam.

wabash slim likes this.
  9. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    That's awful news Gary. I'm so sorry for MaryKay's injury and I can understand how helpless one can feel.

Things will get better, my friend. You know these things are a circle and they come back around. Terrible things happen but it's wonderful that the prognosis is so good for her.

Hang here with us. Good thoughts, prayers and lots of love inbound for both of you.

wabash slim likes this.
  10. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Horrible news, will pray for the both of you. Can't even imagine how difficult this is on you, and of course her. May you both find strength and peace, and lasting health.

wabash slim likes this.
  11. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    Man, this hurts my heart. What a terrible situation all around. I am so so SO sorry for you both. I’ll certainly be praying, and believing she will have a full and speedy recovery. I’ll also be praying that you will not only have calm and peace throughout this emotionally and physically painful process, but that you will both come through the other side somehow better for it.

You really have my condolences on this one. My wife and I are joined at the hip too, and I just can’t imagine. Hang in there friend.

MTurner, capnhiho and wabash slim like this.
  12. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Germany
    All I can do from here is sending good thoughts. She will recover and you both will be united in good health. I will keep both of you in my prayers, friend.

wabash slim likes this.
  13. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    Praying for MaryKay this morning, and that you will have the comfort and peace that you need. Hang in there Gary

wabash slim likes this.
  14. swivel

swivel Country Gent

May 13, 2018
    PNW
    Wow, this is terrible. I hope it all comes out good. Ugh. I'll tell you what, getting old and even a minor fall can be bad. Prayers.

wabash slim likes this.
  15. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    My heartfelt thanks to all of you! Your well wishes and prayers do mean a lot.

She came thru the surgery fine this AM and is in recovery. She'll have to go thru tests, MRIs and such, but the prognosis is excellent. She'll be able to eat today, even tho it's hospital chow. A few years ago, she'd have had a steel halo and such immobilizing her. Now, it's just a neck brace for two to three months. She could possibly come home tomorrow! We've all been surely blessed.

She was lucky---it could've been far worse. It's been a tough month or so---from me being in the hospital with pneumonia (was it the virus?) to the virus to this. Scary how things can happen. We have such a fragile hold on things sometimes. She'll be out of work for awhile, but we'll get by. Things have a way of working out.

Worst part is having to eat my own cooking. I can't believe the extremes she'll go thru just to get some "Me Time".

Be well, all, stay out of crowds. When this virus nonsense is over, I'd happily have a cold beer or a warm cuppa coffee with any and all of you. God Bless!

Gary

850special, manunk, section2 and 21 others like this.
  16. dak55

dak55 Country Gent

May 31, 2018
    NC
    Great news and thanks for letting us know. Sneak her in a Twinkie for dessert! There are not enough Twinkies in hospitals.

manunk, benjwri and wabash slim like this.
  17. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Due to the virus, they won't let anyone in! She might be home tomorrow, where she'll be plied with massive amounts of treats.

18. pilgrim

pilgrim Country Gent

Jun 15, 2010
    Mississippi
    DrMilk said anything I would have and better. We shall pray for both of you. Pilgrim

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    MTurner and wabash slim like this.
  19. GlenP

GlenP Synchromatic

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    Glad to hear the prognosis is good, must be tough not being able to visit. Maybe you can find a restaurant that is serving take out for a break from your own cooking. Take care and be well.

wabash slim likes this.
  20. mrfixitmi

mrfixitmi Synchromatic

Mar 20, 2010
    Michigan
    MaryKay, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. With church lock downs, we did light a vigil for her at home.

pilgrim, MTurner, manunk and 2 others like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice