Hospital

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by wabash slim, Mar 26, 2020.

1. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    This morning, my darling wife MaryKay (that's how it's spelled) slipped and fell on the way out to her car to go to work. She face planted into my daughter's wheel, and broke her neck---1st and 2nd vertebrae. She was moving, tho slowly and painfully. Surgery is tomorrow AM. Prognosis is good, with from two to three months in a collar recuperating. I don't know how long she'll be in the hospital.

Aside from childbirth, she's never been in the hospital. Needless to say, I'm at wit's end with worry. I might be able to get some sleep tonight. I know she's in good hands, but we can't go to see her due to the virus worries. The hospital is understandably locked down. What with my having been hospitalized for a week with double pneumonia (virus?) last month, I can only imagine what our bills are going to look like. At least I've got Medicare and a supplement, and she's got health insurance from work, but she still had an expensive five mile ride to the hospital. Lots of tests, X rays, Cat scans and MRIs today. She's on morphine for pain, and something else to help the ensuing nausea. At least she's sleeping quietly.

I realize there's nothing that any of you can do to help. I do ask for your good wishes and prayers for her. She's a good woman, far better than I deserve. It just tears me up that I can't be there for her, or do anything for her. Thank you all for your thoughts. I've been posting just to keep my mind off of this.

At this point, I'm just lost.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  2. dougmon

dougmon Gretschie

Jan 9, 2013
    California
    So sorry to hear this. Best wishes to her and you.

Malachi and wabash slim like this.
  3. rob batz

rob batz Synchromatic

Apr 17, 2014
    Bristol ct.
    Wow! I’m really sorry , things will get better fur her and I’m sure she’s in good care

wabash slim likes this.
  4. MikeSchindler

MikeSchindler Synchromatic

Feb 3, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    I’m sorry to hear this. Best wishes for a full recovery

wabash slim and ZackyDog like this.
  5. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    Oh my, I’m so sorry. I’m no doctor but I would guess a full recovery is in her future.

I know how horrible it was for me when my wife went into Stanford Hospital with a major organ failing due to her MS and I was with her every moment. I can’t imagine what it would be like if I could not have been there.:eek:

my thoughts and prayers are with the two of you.

conrad

wabash slim likes this.
  6. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Very sorry to hear this. My prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery for her. I'm here for you if you need to vent or just talk.

wabash slim and ZackyDog like this.
  7. Stefan87

Stefan87 Gretschie

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    So sorry to hear this, best wishes for your wife, I'm sure everything will be fine and I wish her a speedy recovery.

wabash slim likes this.
  8. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    I’m sorry to hear that WS. I wish her a successful surgery and recovery. I also wish you and your family strength and healing through this difficult time.

wabash slim likes this.
  9. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    Thoughts and prayers heading your way.

wabash slim likes this.
  10. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Well, that sucks!

Look after yourself, it’s the best you can do for her at this moment.

wabash slim likes this.
  11. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Relax the best you can. I know it’s hard but there is nothing you can now and I bet she understands that. Does she have a phone with her so you could video chat with her?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    wabash slim likes this.
  12. Jelly Roll Horton

Jelly Roll Horton Country Gent

Nov 10, 2017
    Portland, OR
    Jeez Slim, I’m so sorry to hear this. A hospital stay is a tough row to hoe, especially quarantined against supporting visitors. Please keep us informed on her progress, and give her our best wishes. And for you, too. You have a bunch of friends here pulling for you both.

MTurner, EssEll and wabash slim like this.
  13. TubeLife

TubeLife Gretschie

Jan 23, 2020
    Chicagoland
    Very sorry to hear this and hoping everything works out ok. Prayers and good vibes sent your way!!

wabash slim likes this.
  14. montereyjack66

montereyjack66 Country Gent

Feb 29, 2012
    LA-ish
    Hard to believe, but she's damn lucky. That could have ended her life very easily. thumbs up 6.jpg

wabash slim likes this.
  15. section2

section2 Country Gent

Dec 21, 2016
    Toronto
    I'm so sorry to hear this. You and your wife are in my prayers tonight.

wabash slim likes this.
  16. I wish her and you and everyone the best.

wabash slim likes this.
  17. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Jeez that sucks man. But hang in there, be hopeful for better days ahead!

wabash slim likes this.
  18. dak55

dak55 Country Gent

May 31, 2018
    NC
    Best of luck to her on the surgery!! Hang in there Slim and let us know how things are going.

wabash slim likes this.
  19. new6659

new6659 Country Gent

Best wishes to you both.

wabash slim likes this.
  20. benjwri

benjwri Country Gent

Oct 27, 2011
    Central ON Can
    What a terrible situation...here's hoping she gets out of there quickly...nothing worse than a hospital. Keep us posted for sure!!

wabash slim likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice